"Strong am I with the Force, but not that strong." - April Dark Side Weekend 2018 - 5/15 Boma

I really love your trip resorts so following along. Oh that puppy is beyond adorable.

Cute puppy! I'm excited to hear about your trip- I really want to run in one of the Star Wars races. I signed up for my first runDisney event for this fall and I can't wait!

I'm not sure Gantu could be any cuter if he tried. What an adorable puppy! Plans for race weekend look good. I still have yet to try Sanaa - really need to fix that.

I swear they make puppies so cute since they are so much work! You do need to try Sanaa! The bread with dips is the best!

I definitely will!

LOL on never doing a half marathon again for you if they don't come back. Too funny! I have definitely gotten the bug. I hope to be able to maintain it. Love Kidani. With the four of us in a 1 bedroom the 2 bathrooms are a huge factor.

And OMG on Gantu!!!! What a cutie. Good luck with any tough love re the biting :)

I hope you keep the bug too! At least it seems traveling is normal for you so coming to this side of the country is no big deal ;) I don't blame you for wanting 2 bathrooms with 4 people! I only ever travel with 2 so it's less of an issue.

Tough Love has definitely happened. He visits Time Out if the Yipping Sound doesn't work and he's relentless. Tuesday evening was like a constant time out as he was after our feet. Wednesday he was as sweet as can be and Thursday was just ok with the feet. We'll see how today go. At least my arms don't look like a junkie anymore.

How adorable, I love his name!

Thank you! I love Lilo & Stitch so this was a great name for him!

What an adorable puppy! Gantu is the cutest!

Thank you! He is very adorable.

I really love your trip resorts so following along. Oh that puppy is beyond adorable.

Thank you for reading along!

He is adorable!

Thank you! He definately brings a smile to our faces every day. Gaston finally seems to be coming around to him as well.

Cute puppy! I'm excited to hear about your trip- I really want to run in one of the Star Wars races. I signed up for my first runDisney event for this fall and I can't wait!

Hopefully you can do Dark Side in 2019! Yay for signing up for your first RunDisney event. I'm guessing you are doing Wine & Dine? We'll be that weekend too!

Joining in! What a cute puppy!!

Welcome!
Oh my gosh the Gantu pictures :love: I love his special blue basket to protect him from germs!!!

I'm pretty sure my instagram has 90% been him since we got him! Now that he's had his 2nd round of shots - I'm more comfortable with him around 'germs' but parvo is no joke! He gets his last set May 4th then he can actually be walked at the outdoor malls rather than carried to a basket (since he's still small enough to carry which won't be much longer)

Love your reports! We will be there too, we are staying at Wilderness Lodge.

Awesome! Hope you have a great trip! Love the Wilderness Lodge! It's been a while since we stayed there but we'll get back there one day!

Joining in! Is Gantu a mini daschund?

No, he's already double the size of a mini dachshund! He's a Rhodesian Ridgeback without a Ridge. He'll be about 90 pounds full grown. He's already about 20 pounds at 10.5 weeks!

We'll be at AKL for part of our stay. Maybe we will see you! We're looking forward to Jiko. Last time we were there was 13 years ago and it was definitely memorable, but unfortunately this was because it was one of the worst meals we have had at WDW. We've heard so many people give great reviews that when we decided to stay at AKL, we decided it was time to give it another try. Definitely looking forward to Boma breakfast; probably my (Mrs. PADC) favorite breakfast buffet!

Hopefully you can do Dark Side in 2019! Yay for signing up for your first RunDisney event. I'm guessing you are doing Wine & Dine? We'll be that weekend too!

I'm crossing my fingers! Yep- I'm doing the Wine & Dine 10k! I don't know anyone who's running, so it will be interesting.

We'll be at AKL for part of our stay. Maybe we will see you! We're looking forward to Jiko. Last time we were there was 13 years ago and it was definitely memorable, but unfortunately this was because it was one of the worst meals we have had at WDW. We've heard so many people give great reviews that when we decided to stay at AKL, we decided it was time to give it another try. Definitely looking forward to Boma breakfast; probably my (Mrs. PADC) favorite breakfast buffet!

Maybe you will! We haven't stayed at AKL in a while so figured we might as well use our points there again. Enjoy Jiko! We haven't been there in a couple years but we've generally really enjoyed it (we did have our worst wine dinner ever there about 9 years ago but that was because the celebrity chef didn't show up and I think they were lost on what to do). I know the head chef has been changed since the last time you were there. I have only heard good things as of late too!

I'm debating if we can squeeze in Boma this trip. I may end up there Sunday morning while my husband is running the half. It is the best breakfast buffet on property! Good food and decent price!

I'm crossing my fingers! Yep- I'm doing the Wine & Dine 10k! I don't know anyone who's running, so it will be interesting.

Well, you now know two people that are running! Mr. Dis_Yoda and Myself. I also think some other posters on this thread are too. Have you checked out the Wine & Dine 2018 Thread on the RunDisney boards? You can meet a lot of other runners that way!

OMG!! Bantu is adorable!!!!

Have fun running. I can't wait to read a new review!

He is adorable! I swear puppies are made so cute because they are such terrors.

I can't wait for this trip too! I need the mental break as wine can only hold over so much.

EPCOT Flower and Garden Festival

On Monday, April 16th, I made a decision to switch my half day off work to a full day. I needed the mental break and who doesn’t want to get to Disney earlier than planned?

Wednesday, April 18th, I took the dogs to our kennel. Hopefully Gantu learns some play manners while he was at camp. Gaston is a very submissive dog so he will only correct so much. His bite inhibition is amazing so the one time he bite Gantu, you could tell he really wasn't happy about it. I think playing with some friendly dogs, it will work out well. Guess we'll find out tomorrow when my husband picks them up! Gaston usually cries in the car but when we got in today, he was so happy! I think he was ready for a break.

puwQKZq.jpg

u3Gyopw.jpg

Met my husband for dinner at Olive Garden (I know! So not Dis_Yoda like, but the stuffed fettuccini
commercial got in my head when I saw it and I really wanted to try it. It was super good for the price) Afterwards, we headed home to pack and get ready to leave for Disney the next day. Once we woke up, we got on the road and made it to the RunDisney Expo by 10:30AM! Despite arriving in the midst of the first hour of the expo, we had an easy expo experience. We bought a new Dooney & Burke Purse, Darth Vader Running Shirt, BB8 Figure, 2 RunDisney Shoe Keychains, and picked up the pre-order jacket for my husband. We got our bibs and shirts and didn’t buy anything in the vendor part of the expo as our room was ready (it was ready at 9:50AM on our drive over!) so we wanted to get settled in the room before heading over to EPCOT.

eG3Xu5O.jpg

JPzdAA1.jpg

During our visit to the Expo, I had to deal with work issues and thus was cranky. I’m in the midst of a horrible burnout that seems to have no end in sight. The fact I can’t take a day off without being bothered is really draining. My husband’s solution for this was lots of tequila but before we could get to that, we needed to get a little food in our stomach unless I wanted to be a hot mess afterwards. We each got one of the shrimp skewers. We were really happy with this! It had 5 well seasoned shrimp with a tasty sauce. The rice was just ok but we both ate all of it as we knew it would be a good stomach liner for the alcohol we would be later consuming.

DtUd4O5.jpg

Sugar Cane Shrimp Skewer with Steamed Rice & Coconut Lime Sauce

My husband had no desire to get anything from the next booth we ran into but I didn’t care and stopped anyway. The slow cooked pork had a nice amount of flavor to it. I could have done without the apple relish on it as I felt it made the dish too sweet. I removed most of it out of the taco after I discovered that fact and it was a much better experience. It also served as some additional food for our fun adventure at La Cava.

v9a0Wzc.jpg

Pork Taco: Slow-Braised Pork Taco Served With Apple Relish, Goat Cheese and Chile de Arbol Sauce

Following! I so know what you mean about burnout! I don't think I've ever been on a vacation where I didn't have to work at some point. That D&B purse is adorable.

I'm fashionably late, as always, but here nonetheless!

Gantu is absolutely precious! Congratulations. Hope he did well at the kennel this weekend.

Loving all the Flower and Garden food already. Smart move to load up on food before the tequila :-) As someone with an immensely stressful job I can totally relate to work bothering you on vacation.

Can't wait to see how the races went. I think we've decided to do annual passes again so Jason can do the Star Wars half next year. He's also going to try his first Marathon in the fall. God help me I think that means I won't see him all summer.

Yes! That shrimp skewer was amazing and I thought it was a great portion size for the price. They gave me lots of sauce on mine so that made the rice extra yummy. I hate that Mexico has been trending toward overly sweet tacos. I thought the ones at Festival of the Arts were too sweet also.

Hope your babies did great at camp! Loved seeing your photos this weekend.

This looks delicious. That's too bad about the apple relish, but at least when you removed it the dish became good again.

And your puppy is sooooo cute! He looks like he has really soft ears (Love puppy ears they are always super soft) And how cute you name them after Disney villains

Ahh the puppy is to stinkin cute for his own good, ha! I hope you had a nice trip and free of work issues after that first day, I want to try the shrimp skewer this week, I have heard very good reviews on it and I love shrimp!

I'm following along, I have serious FOMO missing Dark Side weekend :) I love seeing everyone's photos. And your puppy is so cute! I'm hoping for more photos of the dogs too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!