Strollers with Highest Weight Limits

ClarabelleCowFan

<font color=teal>Found Someone You Have<br><font c
DS3 is 42 lbs and is getting too heavy for our MacLaren strollers. We only use a stroller at Disney so we would love to find something with a higher weight limit (55-60 lbs or more) that can last for another year or 2 in the parks.

Does anyone have a stroller with a high weight limit that is easy in the parks? Would love something lightweight with some sort of basket for storage that folds easily.

We love the City Mini but he is already pushing the weight limit on that one too.

The Baby Jogger City Elite goes up to 75 lbs. We had a City Classic (which is now the elite) and pushed our daughter in it when she was about 63lbs and it was easy to steer and push, you could literally push it with one hand.

Our Mac Volo has a weight limit of 55 pounds. We used it for our dd until she was 7 (that was 6 years ago and we still have the stroller--love it). It still pushed very easily. I know they make a model that goes up to 65 pounds, I think its the Techno.

The Baby Jogger City Elite goes up to 75 lbs. We had a City Classic (which is now the elite) and pushed our daughter in it when she was about 63lbs and it was easy to steer and push, you could literally push it with one hand.

I'll look for that one. Is it as easy to fold as the City Mini? We LOVE that feature!

Our Mac Volo has a weight limit of 55 pounds. We used it for our dd until she was 7 (that was 6 years ago and we still have the stroller--love it). It still pushed very easily. I know they make a model that goes up to 65 pounds, I think its the Techno.

We have a Volo and a Quest. DS just looks squished in them (he is very tall) and once you add any weight like bags then it is hard to push him. I love Macs but think that we have just outgrown them here.

The big Mac is the Techno XLR. It's rated to 65 lbs. (The biggest regular Mac, that is. They also make the Major Buggy, a special-needs stroller that is rated to 125 lbs.)

The Peg Pliko P3 (the full-size Pliko) is rated to a total of 90 lbs.; the assumption is one #45 kid in the seat and another one standing on the running board. IME it gets hard to maneuver with a load of more than 50 lbs. The most maneuverable of the Plikos is the Si -- that one is engineered especially for the suspension, and it also is rated for 45 lbs. in the seat.

Most joggers are rated a bit higher. The City Mini is rated to 50 lbs., and the City Elite is rated to 75.

When your child is heavier you will want to avoid putting cargo in the basket or on the back of the stroller; that extra weight will adversely affect the manueverability.

The big Mac is the Techno XLR. It's rated to 65 lbs. (The biggest regular Mac, that is. They also make the Major Buggy, a special-needs stroller that is rated to 125 lbs.)

The Peg Pliko P3 (the full-size Pliko) is rated to a total of 90 lbs.; the assumption is one #45 kid in the seat and another one standing on the running board. IME it gets hard to maneuver with a load of more than 50 lbs. The most maneuverable of the Plikos is the Si -- that one is engineered especially for the suspension, and it also is rated for 45 lbs. in the seat.

Most joggers are rated a bit higher. The City Mini is rated to 50 lbs., and the City Elite is rated to 75.

When your child is heavier you will want to avoid putting cargo in the basket or on the back of the stroller; that extra weight will adversely affect the manueverability.

Thanks. When we are in the parks, the stroller ends up being the "pack mule" for everyone's stuff then add in DS and it gets hard to push.

We do have a Baby Trend jogging stroller as well (we tend to collect strollers - we have 4 currently) but that is WAY too big to take with us to the parks. We drive down and that would take up too much room in the van on the way.

Sounds to me like you need to decide if you need a new stroller -- or a cargo box on the van. ;)

BTDT on the stroller addiction -- at my peak I had eight. The weight thing was never really an issue for us though; DS hit age 6 long before he hit 50 lbs. (He's 6' now, and he still only weighs #124.) DD3 is a peanut; she won't be a problem, either. Still doesn't stop me from wanting to go blow money on another stroller; I've got my eye on a Kooper at the moment.

If you only anticipate needing the "perfect WDW stroller" at WDW, then it might make more sense to rent from an offsite company.

I found a new BJ Elite on ebay for $278 shipped. For that price I figure I can use it at Disney for a year or two and then sell it for what I have in it. :thumbsup2

Sounds to me like you need to decide if you need a new stroller -- or a cargo box on the van. ;)

BTDT on the stroller addiction -- at my peak I had eight. The weight thing was never really an issue for us though; DS hit age 6 long before he hit 50 lbs. (He's 6' now, and he still only weighs #124.) DD3 is a peanut; she won't be a problem, either. Still doesn't stop me from wanting to go blow money on another stroller; I've got my eye on a Kooper at the moment.

If you only anticipate needing the "perfect WDW stroller" at WDW, then it might make more sense to rent from an offsite company.

Oh don't get DH started about the cargo box. He has been eyeing the soft cargo carriers for the roof for awhile now.

We actually have 4 strollers here. The 2 Macs, the jogging stroller and a Zooper that I picked up at the post thrift store. I originally wanted that Zooper for the parks but it is just as bulky as the jogging stroller. I plan to clean that one up and sell it on CL to help fund the "new" stroller.

DS's Godmother actually rented us a stroller offsite a few times - the City Mini from Owner's Locker - and we LOVE it but the weight limit on that one is only 50lbs.

I found a new BJ Elite on ebay for $278 shipped. For that price I figure I can use it at Disney for a year or two and then sell it for what I have in it. :thumbsup2

I'll check ebay. We could always just swing by and pick yours up on the way to FL. :laughing:

I see alot of name brands on here that are kind of expensive IMO. But I got a First Years at Walmart.com that holds up to 65 lbs last year. We got a grey one and a pink one and they were $38.00 with free shipping. They have a nice drink carrier and zipper pouch near the handles and they are taller then most umbrella strollers so no need to lean over to push. We were more interest in the height of the stroller then the weight when I purchased them but was glad they will last for a few years. Umbrella style with a slight recline if they fall asleep or of course it sits up straight. Taking them again this year for the grandkids, so easy to fold. Oh yea, they also have a nice deep storage area in the bottom. I never saw any others with the same design as ours last year at the parks so made them easy to locate when coming off a ride. Have a fun trip.

The Britax B-Ready can be used as single or double. The single main seat holds up to 55lbs. The second seat that can be added holds up to 35lbs.

We just got a Britax Blink (on sale at albeebaby.com) for our kids. One is 45 pounds the other is 40. The stroller holds up to 55 pounds. We've borrowed a Inglesina from a friend before and also have a Maclaren doube stroller and it reminds me a lof of them. I relaly like it and the price was awesome!

Thanks! I'll be checking all of those out.

DH said we need to sell all 4 of our strollers before we buy a new one. :scared1: I want to keep the Quest but the other 3 can go. Hopefully that will be enough for a new one or a good chunk off a new one.

It holds up to 70 pounds is lightweight has a higher seat so tall kids fit in it and comes with a raincover that worked great in disney.It is pretty easy to fold once you figure it out the first time.We used it last trip for 14 days and will be using it again on the next.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter