Strollers in WDW sit-down restaurants?

mpbdlb

Earning My Ears
We'll be at WDW 5/10 - 5/16, and we're bringing our own stroller (full-size, not the small "umbrella" type).

Although for the most part I think we'll be sticking to counter-service restaurants (where I'm pretty sure we can bring our stroller right up to our table), we are going to try a couple sit-down places during the week (Boma, Biergarten, Whispering Canyon, possibly Brown Derby or H&V, possibly Akershus, R&C, Chefs de France or SAI) - especially if our 5-mo. old daughter happens to be napping at the time! :-)

Would appreciate hearing your advice, experiences, knowledge etc. Thanks!

They will allow you to bring in your stroller to most restaurants if you let them know that your child cannot sit in the highchairs they provide. Some restaurants have seats where the baby would lay in the seat, like a car-seat carrier. Most restaurants will try to accomodate your needs if you have a young child.

My DD is now 9 months and can sit in a high chair, but I still vividly remember taking her to restaurants w/ DH when she couldn't sit up. Sometimes we would just ask for a quiet corner table, and would take turns holding her while the other one ate. If you aren't comfortable doing this, then it's ok. But it always worked for us, especially since she always wanted to be able to see everything and wasn't happy being in one place.

Hope that helped a little!

we have even brought a stroller in with our 3 year old in it, since she was fast asleep at the time. I just checked at the podium if they would mind since I didn't want to wake her, and it was not a problem. Obviously they don't want everyone to bring in a stroller or the restaurant would be packed, but if you have a special reason then they will try to accomodate.

We will be travelling with a 3 month old in December, so I am also wondering about this - I think we will try and use the sling in restaurants as much as possible, but of course, it depends on the baby and how happy it is in the sling.

Bev

We've never had a problem bringing in the stroller if one or both of the kids were sleeping. At the Coral Reef they even let us bring in the double stroller when my son was sleeping in it.

When my son was 2 1/2 months we had the travel system stroller. So we'd bring in the carseat part with us. Some restaurants had booth seats, so if he was sleeping I'd lay him down on the booth next to me (he couldn't roll, and was suffeciently propped with rolled up blankets so he cound't fall off).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter