Strollers in the Hallways at Resorts

Status
Not open for further replies.
The trend was the morbidly obese who had massive entitlement issues.
Interesting generalization there.
I am not one to mention weight.
:rotfl2: :rotfl2:
When you leave your car in a parking lot isn’t that a large expensive piece of equipment left somewhere out of your own control for long periods of time? I kind of remember seeing parking lots at Disney, heck even Walmart has them.
Your own locked car, in an area specifically designated and created for that soecific purpose, along with every. other. vehicle. operator. visiting that same or a nearby venue?

No.

I have never seen a thread of such judgmental ugliness. How did the scooter/stroller in the hallway evolve into tales of negligent scooter drivers or suggesting re-arranging strollers as a prank or worse yet, steal strollers and turn them in to lost and found?
The suggestion of retaliation and weight shaming is so incredibly unkind. However, I know many here are spouting because they can do it anonymously w/o consequence.

I never understand why people do this. I was always taught to call in room dining and they pick the trays up... that’s just standard for hotels in my experience. Why would anyone leave them in the hallway :confused:

It used to be how we were told to handle the trays. Years ago they would send someone up to grab it from outside of your door.

I have never seen a thread of such judgmental ugliness. How did the scooter/stroller in the hallway evolve into tales of negligent scooter drivers or suggesting re-arranging strollers as a prank or worse yet, steal strollers and turn them in to lost and found?
The suggestion of retaliation and weight shaming is so incredibly unkind. However, I know many here are spouting because they can do it anonymously w/o consequences.

Someone asked what rude scooter behavior I observed, I relayed my personal experiences.

I imagine the rest of the venting is coming from people that are beyond fed up with the stroller/scooter entitlement that has spilled over from the parks to the resorts.

The suggestion of retaliation and weight shaming is so incredibly unkind. However, I know many here are spouting because they can do it anonymously w/o consequence.

Well first off, I am not very anonymous on these boards. My name really is Eva and I have been on these boards since Pete started them back in the early 90’s. I have organized numerous meets at WDW and have even shared a fireworks cruise with Pete. So plenty of people here on the DIS know me.

Secondly, I have no plans of stealing anything. If I find any valuable item in a hotel hallway, I turn it into lost and found. I would hope everyone would do the same for anything sitting around in a hotel hallway. Or at least call and ask security to come check it out.

As a serial klutz, this would bother me. I understand a lack of space, but the hotel rooms are normal if not generously sized so people should be planning what to bring with them accordingly for strollers. For those with mobility issues, the front desk is always very helpful and I am sure there is a solution for people with scooters that need storing rather than putting them in the hallway. If not, you can always contact security. Not to get anyone into to trouble, but they are the department that would understand the severity of penalties for violating fire code. Those codes exist for a reason and guests should understand that they present a hazard not just an inconvenience.

My 80 year old mom mentioned yesterday her and my dad (also 80) may want to come for a few days during our trip next May. They are still very active, but she did say she would rent a scooter because it would be so hot and she doesn't want to slow everyone down, which I think is a great idea.

I told her she better start practicing now because she needs to be able to park it in her room and she can't bump anyone while driving it! If she does we're all walking away and pretending we don't know her. ;)

Someone asked what rude scooter behavior I observed, I relayed my personal experiences.

I imagine the rest of the venting is coming from people that are beyond fed up with the stroller/scooter entitlement that has spilled over from the parks to the resorts.

If a child with visible disabilities used that stroller/scooter, you wouldn't blink an eye. Yet many of you feel emboldened to fat shame, judge and reminisce of 'one time' or 'I've seen' stories about a stroller/scooter incident that further validates your gripes against someone you don't even know and what they endure every single day. It's called mob mentality and many of you are, in fact, acting entitled that you shouldn't have to see strollers/scooters in the hallway or insert whatever transgression they have had in your life. I am confident most who use scooters or double strollers (including my family) are not entitled and grateful for the use of them. Leave them alone. For the record, if there is a legitimate fire hazard, report it. But let's not pretend there are those who would report it anyway even though they have no clue if it's a true fire hazard.

Last edited:
Are people leaving strollers/ecvs outside their room at the resorts with outside corridors?

Yet many of you feel emboldened to fat shame, judge and reminisce of 'one time' or 'I've seen' stories about a stroller/scooter incident that further validates your gripes...

Absolutely more than "that one time."

I will not back down from my obesity epidemic stance. Not after this last trip. It was shocking.

If you are creating an eyesore or safety hazard by dumping your stroller or scooter in the hallway, I will judge you (just like you are judging me for voicing my complaints).

If you are holding up a line because you must devour your nachos right then and there, I will judge you.

If you are flying around a corner at a high speed with no regard for other humans, I will judge you.

If you feel shamed by others calling you out on your poor public behaviors (what ever size you are), so be it.

Enough of the entitlement attitude.

If a child with visible disabilities used that stroller/scooter, you wouldn't blink an eye. Yet many of you feel emboldened to fat shame, judge and reminisce of 'one time' or 'I've seen' stories about a stroller/scooter incident that further validates your gripes against someone you don't even know and what they endure every single day. It's called mob mentality and many of you are, in fact, acting entitled that you shouldn't have to see strollers/scooters in the hallway or insert whatever transgression they have had in your life. I am confident most who use scooters or double strollers (including my family) are not entitled and grateful for the use of them. Leave them alone. For the record, if there is a legitimate fire hazard, report it. But let's not pretend there are those who would report it anyway even though they have no clue if it's a true fire hazard.

I do not question why anyone uses a scooter or stroller, but to say that people who are upset that the resort hallways are littered with scooters/strollers are entitled is wrong. Why would you call a person entitled because they want to be able to walk down a hallway without having to dodge parked scooters and strollers?

I do not know for certain if it is against fire code to have these in the hallway. I do know that I live in an apartment building (not in Florida) and we are not allowed to leave anything in the communal hallway, not even an umbrella. We are also not allowed to hang anything on our door. This is all due to fire code.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!