Stroller thoughts?

Mama Bear Me2, I totally agree and I need to just shake it off and let it go. I just remember a couple years ago I was planning on this site and I saw a long post with MANY people ranting on how obnoxious strollers are and how much they get in the way of the enjoyment of other guests and how the parents using them are just encouraging their children to be lazy and overweight. I shouldn't let that get to me because I have very active children and heck I wish I had a stroller while in the parks for me lol. Thanks everyone for your input.

HA yes my infant children get super lazy and overweight when I tow them around in a stroller instead of making them crawl. I have found most people, both on this board and in the parks, to be friendly and understanding of children/the things that come with children like strollers as the prevailing opinion is that it is a destination with attractions designed specifically for children. However, there will always be some that don't feel that way interestingly enough and you just have to let it ride. No, I am not going to make my 6 year old walk home instead of ride in the stroller when she is ASLEEP. No, I don't feel like waiting for my 4 year old's slow steps so he can get trampled by crowds. Blah blah. If Disneyland didn't want families and the strollers that come with them, they wouldn't provide miles of stroller parking. The end.

It is a place where you have to expect strollers - I just wish maybe some of them were not hummer sized when the park is so congested - it seems everything in life is getting bigger and bigger all the time. I saw some old pictures of Disneyland from the early days and the strollers were so small and compact.

Glad this all got sorted out and the OP feels comfortable with their decision - this is such a great site when planning a trip.

Something I have never seen mentioned here is the way CM's will completely reorganise a massive group of strollers while guests are at an attraction. I've never piloted a stroller at DLR before but it has got the be maddening to come off a ride only to find your stroller is know where to be found. Can't even imagine how bad it is if you rent one and it looks like 15 thousand others in the park.
If I were to use a stroller, I would make sure it is clearly marked somehow (bright bow, flag, etc) so I can pick it out of a river of them.

Mama Bear Me2, I totally agree and I need to just shake it off and let it go. I just remember a couple years ago I was planning on this site and I saw a long post with MANY people ranting on how obnoxious strollers are and how much they get in the way of the enjoyment of other guests and how the parents using them are just encouraging their children to be lazy and overweight. I shouldn't let that get to me because I have very active children and heck I wish I had a stroller while in the parks for me lol. Thanks everyone for your input.

Hi OP,

I'm glad that you have a good attitude and I had to reply back because your comments just made me laugh! YES ... if there was stroller that fit me and someone was willing to push me around, I'd be the 1st in line to sit down & ride! No shame here! :-)

In response to the bolded part of your reply (see above) ... hmmm ... again ... laughing! Not too sure what the above mentioned park goers are expecting from a "family" park but I think it's reasonable to expect strollers to be everywhere! This came to mind when I read about the "obnoxious strollers" you referenced above ... it would be silly of me to go to a hospital's emergency and then complain about all the sick people there preventing me from seeking medical treatment. Why? Hospitals = expect lots of sick people. Ditto for the "Family" Parks = expect families with strollers.

Seriously though ... are the Parks super crowded and become more so with all the strollers? Yes! Am I adding to the problem when I bring a stroller? Yes! However, that's how I choose to tour the Parks and I always try to be as courteous and conscientious as possible (example: I do not stop suddenly in the middle of the walkway, if stopping I pull over my stroller to the side, I'm careful about not bumping people with my stroller etc. etc.).

Thanks for the laughs OP! Again ... wishing you a fantastic trip! :-)

Hi OP,

I'm glad that you have a good attitude and I had to reply back because your comments just made me laugh! YES ... if there was stroller that fit me and someone was willing to push me around, I'd be the 1st in line to sit down & ride! No shame here! :-)

In response to the bolded part of your reply (see above) ... hmmm ... again ... laughing! Not too sure what the above mentioned park goers are expecting from a "family" park but I think it's reasonable to expect strollers to be everywhere! This came to mind when I read about the "obnoxious strollers" you referenced above ... it would be silly of me to go to a hospital's emergency and then complain about all the sick people there preventing me from seeking medical treatment. Why? Hospitals = expect lots of sick people. Ditto for the "Family" Parks = expect families with strollers.

Seriously though ... are the Parks super crowded and become more so with all the strollers? Yes! Am I adding to the problem when I bring a stroller? Yes! However, that's how I choose to tour the Parks and I always try to be as courteous and conscientious as possible (example: I do not stop suddenly in the middle of the walkway, if stopping I pull over my stroller to the side, I'm careful about not bumping people with my stroller etc. etc.).

Thanks for the laughs OP! Again ... wishing you a fantastic trip! :-)

I agree - are these same people complaining about ECVs? Because I have been run over more times by ECVs than strollers, but I'm not about to make rude comments saying people shouldn't use them or that people are "lazy" for using them. Dumb!

Well you were all so wonderful I even decided to upgrade and get the double :goodvibes My boys will be 5 and 6 when we are there so they will have this as a nice resting place if needed. Plus going with family and lots of cousins will be there so Im sure we will all share and trade.

Well you were all so wonderful I even decided to upgrade and get the double :goodvibes My boys will be 5 and 6 when we are there so they will have this as a nice resting place if needed. Plus going with family and lots of cousins will be there so Im sure we will all share and trade.
Great plan! I am renting a double stroller for my 6.5 year old and 3.5 year old too. We like to park it in whatever land we are in, go on some rides, then depending on how tired they are, load up for travel to the next land.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!