Stroller talk.

garnwr32229

Mouseketeer
I plan on renting a stroller for my 3yr old. I’m toying with the idea of renting a double so my twins can take turns having a break from walking. I thought my final decision was just to get a single stroller for my 3yr old. Mainly bc the twins will be 9yrs when we go and does a 9yr old really need a stroller.
The one thing that is keeping it on my mind is my 9yr old son. He has been complaining that his feet are hurting him on and off for months(it started around September). But there is no rhyme or reason behind it. At one point I took him to the doctor and got xrays bc he was limping so much. Everything came back normal.
Tonight he was complaining his heels hurt and he was just playing inside today, wasn’t doing too much.
So I’m basically asking what would you do? Just get the single for the 3 yr old and the twins can tough it out or pay the extra $30 for the week and get the double Incase my older son’s feet start bothering him.

I also plan on bringing this up again at his 9yr well check.

This really comes down to how precious is $30 a week to you. Personally $30 a week is well worth the price of not having kids complain heavily when they're worn out and tired. We've done a single stroller between our 2 and 5 year old before and regretted it and now done a double so they don't have to fight over it. The alternative may be hanging back with the older one when their foot is hurting or having to generally slow down, just comes down to if that happens how much is $30 worth the ability to keep rolling along and not hold everyone up.

I would rent a double. for whatever reason your son has pain in his feet. Pain and WDW is a recipe for disaster iMO. No 9 YO "needs" a stroller....until the child needs one. I rented a Disney Double when I took my girls, 6 and 8. These kids are wicked athletic, have more energy than I ever had in my entire life, but it was August and hot as blazes. the oldest cannot manage heat well, so my DH insisted we keep the option for her, and I'll tell you, in DAK it was well worth the precaution. By afternoon we plunked them in and had them out of the sun, and got the heck out.

You should do what you think will benefit your family. WE just rented from Disney as we needed, and that may be your best bet as well.

My oldest niece was around that age when she had severe growing pains. She was always tiny, and once she started to grow she was in pain. This is a girl who was playing both soccer and basketball. We rented a double (she has a sister who is 5 years younger) and she did climb in once or twice. But it was nice to have the option for her.

Btw, her doctor is the one who said it was growing pains. That is how bad the pain was.

I was at first going to say no way, you don't need a stroller for a 9 year old. But if he has pain that seems to come out of nowhere, he'll need a break from walking. There is way more walking at Disney than anywhere, and it is vacation, it's supposed to be fun, not painful.

For the amount of money you're paying for this trip, an extra $30 not to have to listen to whining or leave because you're son is in pain seems worth it. You have to bring a stroller anyway for your youngest, so it's not as though you wouldn't have a stroller if he didn't need one. I would get a double.

Thanks. My twins are very active kids in many activities swim, dance, baseball, basketball but I just can’t figure out why my son complains about his feet hurting randomly. He will fight through it if he has to like refusing to miss a basketball game bc his feet hurt but then he is limping for another day. He is on the smaller side for his age so I’m wondering if it is growing pains. Right now he is 50in and 55lbs. So a few inches and lbs over the limit

My daughter was 10 and would still hop into our bob stroller on disney trips. We have a single bob and my 4 year old would ride in the stroller and the 10 year old would ride in the footwell. Considering you have three kiddos, go with the double. It's completely possible you will have 3 who need a small break from walking. The bob footwell isn't a bad option. You could have the twins in the stroller and the 3 year old in the footwell.

We used a stroller at WDW a lot longer than we did at home. My son is 11 now, but until he was 7 or 8, we had a stroller where his sister could sit in front, and he could stand up on the back. Over the years, he stood on it less and less, until we finally decided that everyone was walking. It worked really well for us. I'm not sure if Disney rents standing strollers, but we loved ours.

Sounds like it might save your a melt down. Even if it is only one, that would be worth it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter