• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Stroller on Jet Blue?

Patpat15

DVCer
What do you do with a stroller/car seat combo when you go to Orlando on the plane. We have an infant, will be ten weeks old, are taking Jet Blue from JFK to Orlando, and have no idea where to put the stroller on the plane. We were planning on wearing a baby carrier from the time we got to the airport, on the plane, and in the terminals, but what do we do with the carrier and stroller. Do they put it underneath, will it get wrecked, help.

If you bought a seat for your baby, then you can put her car seat in the seat however, if they have an empty seat on the plane and you didn't purchase a ticket for the baby, they will let you put your baby in that seat, as long as you have an FAA approved car seat. As for the stroller, when you check in at the gate, you tell them you want to gate check the stroller. They will give you a little tag and you leave the stroller at the end of the ramp right outside the aircraft door. When you arrive in Orlando they will put the stroller right outside the aircraft door and you are on your merry way! We do it all the time :)

Buy that baby a ticket and put her in her carseat on the plane. Do not use the snuggly! Its much too dangerous.

Bring the stroller and seat to the gate with you. Most airlines let you gate check the stroller and have it waiting when you arrive.

The items that are gate checked go into a separate compartment from the rest of the luggage, so it offers more protection. Gate checking means much less possibility of wear and tear on the stroller and the convenience of having it delivered to you at the gate when you deplane.

I won't criticize your choice to take the baby as a lap child. Flying is much safer than driving. The people who buy seats for infants are few and far between. Until Feb. I was an airline ticket agent, so my opinion is based on that experience. Talk to the ticket agent when you check in, and if they have plenty of open seats, they might make sure you have an open one next to you. I've done that many times for parents of little ones.

however, don't count on an empty seat we've never been able to get an infant block on JB - their flights are always sold out. However, they will gate check your snap n go and they might put your car seat in the overhead comp. Beg! I can understand why you wouldn't buy an infant their own seat -short flight and NO discount for babies!!! I love Jet Blue but that is my one gripe! The right start has a special bag for car seats for planes. it might be worth it if you're worried!

have fun!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter