Stroller left on magical express

akpetz

Earning My Ears
Ugh. Arrived at the beautiful Beach Club today. We brought our stroller for our youngest (6), but haven’t used it in a while, so in our excitement to arrive we all jumped off the bus and went inside, leaving the stroller under the bus. We realized it nearly immediately, and ran back to the bellstand, but the bus had literally just pulled away. So they got on the phone right away to see what could be done. Now 9 hours later they still can’t “locate” it?! So incredibly frustrating. They knew immediately which bus, and where it was going next. I’m mad at ourselves for leaving it, but also so frustrated we don’t have it back yet. It even had a luggage tag with our name on it. All we have now is a claim number and no one giving us much hope of knowing if or when they will find it.

Hi, akpetz. I'm sorry that happened. It must be so frustrating.

I just got back from WDW using DME both ways and our driver said that if anything was left on the DME bus and forgotten, he would return it to the office at the Orlando Airport DME office to be claimed.

I don't why I remember that, but it was the last thing he said before we arrived at Pop Century Resort after reminding everyone to check and make sure that they checked and took everything with them inside the bus.

But I presume your stroller was under the bus. Maybe the bus driver tried to ask everyone around the bus before leaving to see if it belonged too anyone and then took it back to the airport.

Maybe you could have your resort call DME for you at the front desk.

Ugh. Arrived at the beautiful Beach Club today. We brought our stroller for our youngest (6), but haven’t used it in a while, so in our excitement to arrive we all jumped off the bus and went inside, leaving the stroller under the bus. We realized it nearly immediately, and ran back to the bellstand, but the bus had literally just pulled away. So they got on the phone right away to see what could be done. Now 9 hours later they still can’t “locate” it?! So incredibly frustrating. They knew immediately which bus, and where it was going next. I’m mad at ourselves for leaving it, but also so frustrated we don’t have it back yet. It even had a luggage tag with our name on it. All we have now is a claim number and no one giving us much hope of knowing if or when they will find it.

Hi, akpetz. I'm sorry that happened. It must be so frustrating.

I just got back from WDW using DME both ways and our driver said that if anything was left on the DME bus and forgotten, he would return it to the office at the Orlando Airport DME office to be claimed.

I don't why I remember that, but it was the last thing he said before we arrived at Pop Century Resort after reminding everyone to check and make sure that they checked and took everything with them inside the bus.

But I presume your stroller was under the bus. Maybe the bus driver tried to ask everyone around the bus before leaving to see if it belonged too anyone and then took it back to the airport.

Maybe you could have your resort call DME for you at the front desk.
Thank you for the tip! We will do that. Still no luck, but we were told they have been unable to get ahold of our driver, which is odd. The yacht club thankfully gave us an umbrella stroller to use for now, but ours was a nice stroller, so I’m hoping they locate it. And we will definitely contact the airport!

Any update? I hope you're having fun!

Thank you for the tip! We will do that. Still no luck, but we were told they have been unable to get ahold of our driver, which is odd. The yacht club thankfully gave us an umbrella stroller to use for now, but ours was a nice stroller, so I’m hoping they locate it. And we will definitely contact the airport!
if I remember correctly a different company not Disney runs the airport buses so your stroller could be at their lost and found. just another place to check

On our way back to the airport my son left his cell phone on a DME bus. We realized it soon after we walked into the MCO. I ran back to the DME location, but the driver had already departed. I was able confirm his phone was on the bus. It was Mears that I needed to contact and they worked with me to eventually get the phone shipped to us.

It took several days before they were able to locate it after the driver dropped it off on his end.

if I remember correctly a different company not Disney runs the airport buses so your stroller could be at their lost and found. just another place to check
Yes, Mears owns and runs DME for Disney. You should be able to contact Disney though. Not sure contacting Mears would be a help.

Yes, Mears owns and runs DME for Disney. You should be able to contact Disney though. Not sure contacting Mears would be a help.
I assumed because stroller was left under what would be a Mears bus not a Disney park bus. assumed driver would turn stroller in at Mears office when he left bus at end of shift

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts