Stroller help for older child with foot injury (x-posted)

Not sure on the price of wheelchairs, but double strollers are $31/day. You should check with any of the offsite mobility companies to see what they suggest that would be better. I'm guessing renting a wheelchair from an offsite company would be the best.

I can see a 9 year old refusing to ride in a stroller and doing more damage to his feet trying not to sit in the stroller.

I also suggest a wheelchair from off site because this way you are guaranteed to have it. Years ago my nephew had a problem half way through the trip and if we got a park late sometimes my brother had to wait around for a wheelchair to be returned before he could rent one. Another good reason is walking around the resorts or even from the bus/car to the park can be a long walk. Think about getting from TTC to the front gate of MK, that's a lot of walking and why my parents now rent scooters from off site.

if you get a wheel chair get one that is his size being in a larger size wheel chair can be very uncomfortable.

if you do go the stroller way stop at GR and ask for a stroller as a wheel chair tag so that you can take the stroller in lines with you

I would not use a knee roller as that would be like kneeling all day long.

I read somewhere that a small adult spent some time in the double stroller and it wasn't that bad. I can't remember if the roof retracts, but being a smaller guy, I bet the double stroller would be great - and lots of room for other stuff.
The roof does retract but CMs aren't supposed to let you do that. It's a safety hazard. If you are caught with the roof retracted you will be asked to put it back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!