Stroller for 7 and 5 year old?

My girls will be the same age on our trip in December. We rented a double last year and my 6 year old did take a nap or two in it. This year I am on the fence. Renting one for the 5 year old is not an option because the 7 year old will try to sit in when her legs get tired and they will fight over it. So it’s a double or nothing. We don’t even have a stroller anymore. We gave them all away because we don’t use them around home for the parks and zoos, but that is just one day of walking. Pack 5 days of much more walking and that makes for tired legs.

Yes! You will want a stroller....rent it or bring it....but yes, use a stroller. My 10 year old would ride in the foot well of our single Bob while my 4 year would ride in the actual stroller. We always bring our stroller because it is a work mule in the airport. We load everyone's backpack in it.

We always took our double until the kids outgrew it. Then we went to two large jogging strollers. At home, my kids do not walk 10-12 miles a day in soul-sucking heat.

This is what gets me so confused - why would anyone walk 10-12 miles in the heat and not take the needed breaks indoors, etc? Kids are just as hardy as adults, if we make sure they are well hydrated and take breaks. In my experience, the kids tend to outlast the adults sometimes! But it's all about health and good pacing, and paying attention to how everyone is feeling. How old were the kids when you used the jogging strollers?

This is what gets me so confused - why would anyone walk 10-12 miles in the heat and not take the needed breaks indoors, etc? Kids are just as hardy as adults, if we make sure they are well hydrated and take breaks. In my experience, the kids tend to outlast the adults sometimes! But it's all about health and good pacing, and paying attention to how everyone is feeling. How old were the kids when you used the jogging strollers?

I have no idea what was confusing about that. Kids have shorter legs and have to take twice as many steps to keep up with the adults. Also, I don’t know what you mean by “needed breaks.” We’ve never needed to take breaks because the kids don’t get overtired and are out of the sun. We switched to jogging strollers when they were six and eight.

I did see one in the parks in May. I believe because they are pushed and not dragged behind makes the difference. Unless it was just one of those "things not allowed, but we don't enforce" situations.

But they don't look very comfortable.

They allow the Keens at Disneyland.

We will not be bringing/renting a stroller for the week for my 6 year old in August. I'm open to getting one for the day once or twice, but I don't think she'll need it generally. I personally HATE taking strollers on the bus/transportation. It's also freeing NOT having one in the parks.

I have no idea what was confusing about that. Kids have shorter legs and have to take twice as many steps to keep up with the adults. Also, I don’t know what you mean by “needed breaks.” We’ve never needed to take breaks because the kids don’t get overtired and are out of the sun. We switched to jogging strollers when they were six and eight.

I guess I'm confused because my kids have always had more energy than their parents :) Sure, they may have shorter legs, but they can go for hours, and are carrying less weight on those legs as well. I'd be even more tired pushing a 6 and 8 year old around in jumbo strollers, KWIM? Plus, we like to talk and see their faces while we walk around, hold hands, let them explore a bit, etc. Just different touring styles of course.

You might want to check to make sure they'd allow one, I've never seen any wagons in WDW. I didn't know what a keen push wagon was, so I Googled it...honestly, I think that's a bit of overkill.

It is the best decision for our family by far. Last trip my kids had lots of space and we had room for storage. They ask that you not use the pull handle/ only the push handle. They have nice padded seats and actually have the footprint of a conventional double stroller with the difference being my littlest of Little’s can actually fully lay down for a nap. Basically if it can be pushed and meets Disney’s required Dimensions it’s allowed in the park. So, not side stepping any rules just using them to the fullest. I have to say it navigates much better than any conventional stroller I’ve dealt with.

It is the best decision for our family by far. Last trip my kids had lots of space and we had room for storage. They ask that you not use the pull handle/ only the push handle. They have nice padded seats and actually have the footprint of a conventional double stroller with the difference being my littlest of Little’s can actually fully lay down for a nap. Basically if it can be pushed and meets Disney’s required Dimensions it’s allowed in the park. So, not side stepping any rules just using them to the fullest. I have to say it navigates much better than any conventional stroller I’ve dealt with.

Saw one of these strollers on our last trip - they looked hard to navigate with, as in, I watched the woman push it off a curbing by mistake and the whole thing tipped over. She couldn't see over the canopy at all and didn't realize she was going over an edge.

Last year when I went, my kids were 4 and 2. So a double stroller. Next year when we go my kids will be 6, 4 and 1.5 (yaaay 3 kids). So it'll be a double stroller and the 6 yo will be walking!

Should we be bringing a double stroller for a 7.5 yr old and a 5 year old? We will be flying from Wisconsin.
You should do whatever you think is appropriate for your childrens' physical condition.
Just be sure you pay attention if pushing that extra heavy load and don't run over anyone else's feet or heels w/o at the least apologizing.

Last edited:
I guess I'm confused because my kids have always had more energy than their parents :) Sure, they may have shorter legs, but they can go for hours, and are carrying less weight on those legs as well. I'd be even more tired pushing a 6 and 8 year old around in jumbo strollers, KWIM? Plus, we like to talk and see their faces while we walk around, hold hands, let them explore a bit, etc. Just different touring styles of course.

They dont live in the stroller, but it si noce to have one for a little break.

My girls are very active, they have more energy than my husband and I combined, however we rented one in DAK and MK when we revere there during a wicked hot humid rainy stormy August. Shoot, I wodul have hidden in there if I could have! It was stinkin hot and they were melting. Having teh stroller made the difference between just packing it up and getting out or staying a while longer, so for us it was worth it.

People have many reasons to rent strollers for children, and they are based on their own needs as a family. My husband called several times to be sure we got the kids a stroller because he knew Nola would never handle the heat, and that she would enjoy her trip more if she was out of the sun. WE saw their little faces, held their little hands, and had conversations with them, but when they wanted out of the sun, we were glad they had that canopy,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!