Stroller for 4 Month Old?

m3owbox

Mouseketeer
We are traveling soon with our baby who will be 4 months old. We currently have a Doona and while we love it, it doesn't have much storage. So I have a few questions.

What do you do with a Doona when you take it on a Disney bus? It doesn't exactly fold up.
Are there better stroller options for a small baby? Not wanting to buy a stroller with a bassinet beforehand, but what can a 4 month old fit in?
Suggestions?

We are traveling soon with our baby who will be 4 months old. We currently have a Doona and while we love it, it doesn't have much storage. So I have a few questions.

What do you do with a Doona when you take it on a Disney bus? It doesn't exactly fold up.
Are there better stroller options for a small baby? Not wanting to buy a stroller with a bassinet beforehand, but what can a 4 month old fit in?
Suggestions?
You could rent a city mini, they lay completely flat and if needed there are inserts you could grab for the stroller. The only thing is they wouldn't be facing you.

If baby facing you is important to you maybe check marketplace, strollers like the city select pop up a lot here and those seats can be configured (they also resale well). Baby consignment sales would be a good place to check out too.

I definitely wouldn't do the doona since babies really shouldn't be in a car seat for the length of time you would be walking around the parks. I would also guess it would be a lot hotter than a stroller.

Suggestions?
it has been years since youngest grand was there at that age but we rented a double CitiMini for her and her older sister which worked great. she would have been overheated if in ann infant catseat with the heat that trip. daughter said it was too hot to wear the baby even just for lines. baby did great in it

If you are not from the South the heat for the next couple of months is unreal. We grew up in this misery, so we are used to it. Get clip on fans what ever kind of stroller you get and have a good sun shade. Watch for dehydration with the very young. This heat and humidity is not for the faint of heart.

And what about not so hot days? Did yuo still take a stroller with you? I can't decide whether our 1-year-old baby will need it.

And what about not so hot days? Did yuo still take a stroller with you? I can't decide whether our 1-year-old baby will need it.
We also had this dilemma. We bought a stroller here just before the trip. It comes with great features and our son liked it a lot. I guess that was the main reason we took it. Actually, we didn't regret that decision because both you and the child get tired when you are holding him/her for a long time. Moreover, you change the child's position which is also important.

Last edited:

You're going to want a stroller. Even if you babywear, you're probably going to want a stroller.

I brought my son for the first time at 4 months and we brought our baby trend jogging stroller. It had an almost flat recline and he always seemed comfortable. He also had good head control and core strength and could sit up unassisted at that point (he always hit the physical milestones early), so we were less concerned about him sitting in a regular stroller.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter