stressing over my PS choices

plutosmyfav

<font color=deeppink>Has high hopes, high apple pi
I'm all stressed out. I finished my PS plans this morning and now I'm not sure I did what I wanted to do!

Here's my PS list (Please tell me what is good and what might be worth cancelling or trying to get instead)

We arrive early Nov 30 (Saturday)

I have 11:10 character lunch at Hollywood and Vine (now I'm thinking what I've read from the lists is that H&V is great for the breakfast buffet, I don't recall reading about the lunch buffet.

6:50 for Sci Fi (DS will go nuts getting to eat in a car-- I've been there before and wasn't crazy about the food but its the atmosphere we're going for)

Now here's my real worry:
Dec1 8:10 AM Tony's character bf. I wanted CP and the CM told me its the same thing just moved to Tony's. Now I read last night that its a preplated (not so great) all you can eat. PLUS, I'm having second thoughts about going to MK on a Sunday with magic hour (not to mention we'll be using our magic hour to eat not enjoy the park!!!). I tried to change ressies for TTS to another day but its all booked on my possible dates. The only real characters DS is into are Pooh and his friends so seeing them is a must.

Dec 2 Monday
Donald's at 9:40 AM Its MH at AK but from what I've read, we should worry about rushing there early.

7:30 PM Ohana's Goofed again, I thought the MK fireworks were at 8 PM!!!

Nothing planned for Dec 3 except MVMCP and I don't know how we will eat dinner yet...

Dec 4 Wednesday
11 AM Chef Mickey-- figured we will do MH at Epcot and take the monorail over

We check out on the 5th to go to the Castle at US/IOA so don't plan on doing anymore dining at the World.

I have a 2.5 yo and 13 yo
Please tell me if I should try to rearrange anything. I feel so confused:( DH thinks I've lost it. His idea is to just get there and figure out what to do then... NO Way for me

THANKS everyone

PlutosMyFav

I meant to say that we won't worry about MH at AK since it sounds like very little is open.

we have eaten at donald's several times and have never felt rushed. it is a really good breakfast. as far as ohana's, have you tried calling and just re-booking the same date, but in time for the fireworks? we enjoyed eating at tony's town square for breakfast. i know a lot of folks don;t really like it, but we did find it enjoyable and the food to be good.:p

I always worry about whether or not I have made the right decisions with PS. My husband does not get into the planning at all. I am a planner.

For this trip I only booked two breakfasts. The others we will eat at our resort or just grab something quick. (the buffets for the 3 of us (2 adults & 1 child) end up costing around $50 w/tip for breakfast! I think that's a lot for primarily eggs)

If you think some of your times are off because of the times of the MK fireworks, can you change your times.

Here's where we will be going:

Sat. Nov. 30 arrive early (around 9:30am) I think the parks maybe crowded on this day because of Thanksgiving so we will check in maybe swim at the resort and head over to Epcot
4:40pm at Le Cellier Candlelight Processional package

Sunday Dec. 1 no real plans for breakfast maybe the Yacht Club Galley
head over to MK a little later (we have tix for MVMCP so we will be there late)
Dinner at 'Ohana's at 5:00pm

Monday Dec. 2 again no big plans for breakfast
Dinner at Hollywood & Vine with Fantasmic package

Tuesday Dec. 3 AK early --back to the resort around 3pm
6:00pm Dinner at Whispering Canyon Cafe (I want to check out the Christmas decorations)
Then we are off to DTD to do some shopping

Wednesday Dec. 4
Breakfast Cape May Character Breakfast
then we will spend the day at Epcot
Dinner Clam Bake at Cape May
then back to Epcot for Illuminations

Thursday Dec. 5
Breakfast CRT
Dinner 1900 Park Fare 5:00pm
back to MK for MVMCP

Friday (our flight isn't until 7:30pm) so we will have breakfast check our bags and maybe go to MGM for awhile

We can't wait.
We have never been there when all the holiday festivities are going on and we are looking forward to going to MVMCP.

Have fun!!

Plutos myfav

I think that you can also see Pooh at 1900 Park Fair, but the characters change a lot but certainly Pooh is listed. You may wanna check this with CRO :)

We are looking forward to eating at Tony's and much prefer pre-plated and family style meals to buffets. It's so much more convenient to be served when you have small children. Park Fare does have Pooh, too, but Pooh won't be at Tony's for long. I've read many favorable posts about the breakfast there. I'd call and see about getting O'Hana's so you could see the fireworks, if that's important to you. With the short hours, I think it's nice to have a late PS that allows you to tour without leaving early. Also, if you have a leisurely dinner, you could watch the electrical light pageant from the beach of the Poly a little after 9:00.

Originally posted by travelitis
With the short hours, I think it's nice to have a late PS that allows you to tour without leaving early. Also, if you have a leisurely dinner, you could watch the electrical light pageant from the beach of the Poly a little after 9:00.

Ya, it occurred to me that we could watch the fireworks *in* the park and then go to Ohana's! I hadn't thought about the ELP from Poly-- good idea, Thanks!

Maybe you could change your O'hana dining time. Also, maybe try breakfast at 1900 Park Fair ( they have Pooh)The food there is excellent and there are many choices (omlette station as well). Try there early and use the monorail to get to MK to take advantage of EE and the park.

I thought Mary Poppins and Crew were at 1900 Park Fair? I will try for it (and make sure it has Pooh) but now I am quite a ways into the 60 day window so my changes are slim...

Thanks everyone

1900 PF character schedule is a bit confusing. Dinner is Pooh and frineds. Breakfast is UK characters ... usually Mary Poppins, Alice (& Mad hatter?) and Pooh and a friend

Originally posted by sha_lyn
1900 PF character schedule is a bit confusing. Dinner is Pooh and frineds. Breakfast is UK characters ... usually Mary Poppins, Alice (& Mad hatter?) and Pooh and a friend

Yes that is very confusing. I just called and got PS for 1900 on Dec 3 9:40 AM. I think I will cancel TTS on Dec 1 (but I'm not sure yet). There expensive but we might do both...

Thanks for all the help. My panic is over :Pinkbounc

PlutosMyFav

Could someone tell me what a good time is to book a PS at Ohana's to watch the fireworks?

What time are the fireworks? We will be there over Christmas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!