stress management advice ?!?!

aprilzw

Proud mom, wife, and Disney fanatic!
Going 12/20-12/27 and getting a little nervous about my ability to keep my cool with the crowds. :( We normally go off-peak but wanted to do our first Christmas at WDW. I'm really looking forward to the decorations, plus having gram, gramps, and great grandma along, too. DH just looks at me and sighs... he has no faith that I'll be able to 'just relax' as DS says. Any advice?? What are we really talking about with the crowds here? Busy, I know, but can anyone elaborate (like wait times for popular and 'not as popular' attractions?) I just want to believe that we will still get to do all the things we love and will enjoy it just as much as the other times we've gone...

Ok now you will have a great time and with Fast Pass and extended hours during your trip you will have the chance to experience everything you want.With all that holiday magic you will enjoy this trip more than trips of the past.Seeing the Christmas Parade the live Christmas shows the Christmas version of CBJ.This trip is going to be one you will remember for all the great times you had not about huge crowds.So relax and soak up the magic that an order!!!!!!!!! Just Kidding::yes:: :wave2: :goodvibes

Just remember....A crowded day and Disney World is better than any day at home and work;) Just keep breathing deep and saying to yourself "I could be working right now, or I could be cleaning the house right now, or I could be doing laundry right now etc. etc. and a crowded:crowded: park won't look so bad.:p

My best advice this week is all in your mindset.

Be flexible- make list of the top 3-5 attractions you really want to see in each park. Then when you arrive focus on them and try to use the FP. Once you have done your top attractions the rest is just extra. Realize now that you will not be able to accomplish as many things that you have on other visits. But you will be visiting at an extra magical time. Xmas at WDW is incredible.

Midday Break- I preach this to all guest no matter when they visit. If you are staying at a Disney resort take advantage of the EE and then for lunch take a break. Leave the park hit a resort for lunch, go back to your hotel eat, nap or go for a swim. Then return to the park in the evening. The parks will be open very late that week so that is a definite advantage.

Crowds - at the MK alone it will be wall to wall people. Lines will get very lengthy, as in an hour or more. Like I said go with the flow and be flexible. Take time to just enjoy the surroundings. Dont stress yourself with a marathon thru the park where you have to do everything. This is the wrong approach to take during this busy week. Focus on the shows and displays that you would not normally see.

MK Tree lighting- everyday at 5pm a flag ceromony is held in Town Sq. It is so moving and they usually have a vet or current service person participate. Immediately following there is a cute show for the lighting of the tree.

CP- dont miss the best show on Disney property. If you arent in the holiday spirit after this one then you are definitely a Scrooge.

Resorts-Take time to visit the resorts. You have never seen decorations like this. GF is a good one, we go to tea, listen to the cms carol and then stay for the band who plays all the great holiday tunes. Not to mention the wonderful gingerbread displays. Even the FW guest decorate their campsites, they are incredible.

So stop worrying and think about all the new experiences you will be having. Have a magical time.

I love what DawnF316 had to say!!!:earsgirl:

aprilzw take her advice! If you've been to WDW at only off seasons you are going to be in for a shocker...I know I was!!!:eek: Know ahead of time that you're not going to be able to everything you want to but you'll still feel the magic and have a wonderful time!

The wait times are very,very long.We've waited 90 min each to ride ToT and RnR BUT we had a blast in line!!! We made friends and talked and laughed.We ended up going from ToT to ride RnR as a group because we were having fun... with total strangers! LOL!

I LOVED the trip we had at Christmas 3 years ago and we're planning on being there next year!

You WILL have a GREAT TIME!!! Now just RELAAAAAAAAAAAAAX!!!:earseek:

We will be there on the same dates you are, and just like you, I've been getting a bit concerned over how big the crowds will be. We have only been in June, and I've been trying to reassure myself that even though it may be more crowded, at least it won't be HOT!

I do plan on having everyone choose their must-do attractions at each park, and we will certainly try to get to as many as we can. But we have also decided that it is best to look at this as a different kind of trip and try and focus on the things that aren't there when we visit at any other time of year.

Just take it all in stride and you'll be fine. Maybe we'll even see you there! :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter