• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Streaming media over wifi?

zumbergc

DIS Veteran
Wondering if wifi in the rooms will let u stream amazon prime or things thru a roku player?

My son watches a lot a stuff there when we get ready in the am at home.
I'm thinking the Disney wifi would be crappy and not support that kind of bandwidth.
Have there been any major improvement in the last year?

I'm thinking I need to bring the DVDs to make sure something he likes is available.

Sometimes yes, sometimes no. Wifi quality can be inconsistent from resort-to-resort and room-to-room. And even if your in-room connection is good, the network definitely gets slower during the evening hours when it's obvious that thousands of guests property-wide are trying to download or stream simultaneously.

During my March stay, I streamed a bit from Hulu and Netflix. Sometimes it worked OK but other times I got a lot of stuttering / buffering. On those occasions where wifi wasn't getting the job done, I actually had a better experience turning off wifi and using LTE data from my AT&T iPhone to stream.

Don't forget DVC resorts allow members to borrow DVDs at no cost. They have a wide variety of titles for all ages.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter