Strategy when you get shut out of FP

Lovetherodent

Sleep Is For The Weak!
So, yesterday I could not snag a FP for FOP (on right at 7am Eastern, 60+5, party of 2, not a high crowd time of year). Because I was hoping to nab one, I had AK at the end of the trip. Now that I'm "free" from scheduling around a FP, would your think it better to go to AK on the lowest predicted crowd day (TP has AK at a "1" on one of my days) and just plan to get in line at park closing?

Either show up an hour before park opening, or get in line at park close.

Also, keep checking. I don't know how large your party is, but I've had good luck getting a FP+ for FoP on the day that I'm in AK. I'm only looking for a party of two, admittedly. If you don't get a FP+ before your day at AK, keep checking while you're there, or the night before. Those are the times that most people are making wholesale changes in their plans and something may open up.

I don't worry about crowds or look at calender's. It's Disney, there's always going to be crowds. I would just go towards the end of the night before the park closes. You get the bonus of Pandora being lit up then too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!