Strategy For Off-Site Guests Going to MK on EMH and MVMCP Day?

liz1203

Earning My Ears
We are planning to go to MK on a day that has morning EMH (8-9am) and is also a MVMCP day, so the park will close to us at 6pm since we do not have party tickets. This is sort of a "bonus" day for us as we have another full day scheduled in MK during our trip, so we don't mind the short day. We are staying off-site, so we will not be able to take advantage of the EMH.

What time should we show up to be able to get as much done as possible? I've seen conflicting stories on what time off-site guests can actually gain access to MK. Some say we'll be held at the TTC until around 8:30 and then let through. I've also heard that we will be let all the way into the hub but be held at the various entrances to the lands until the park opens at 9am and that EMH guests are only allowed access to Tomorrowland and Fantasyland.

We normally avoid EMH parks like the plague since we are off-site, but the crowd calendars have this day as a low crowd day (I'm assuming because of MVMCP and closing at 6pm). Do you guys think that will be the case even with EMH?

Does anyone have a recent first hand account of what we can expect? I am a big time planner, so not knowing is driving me crazy! We have FP for Space Mountain, BTMRR and 7DMT that day, so I was thinking we could head to Adventureland to start and catch some of those rides before the EMH crowd gets over that way.

Any tips or advice is appreciated!

I've heard (in general) that party days are less crowded .. at least until the late afternoon .. because party guests will just arrive later and non-party guests usually don't want to go to a park that closes 3 hours early (yet you still have to pay the same price).

But . .combine that with an EMH? Not sure how that goes. If I was an onsite guest with NO party ticket . .I definitely would choose that day to go. But I still feel it would be less crowded than a normal day -- just because a lot of people will be avoiding MK that day because of the party.

I am going in November and my MK day is an EMM day (so not as busy as EMH) and a party day. We'll see how that goes.

I've heard (in general) that party days are less crowded .. at least until the late afternoon .. because party guests will just arrive later and non-party guests usually don't want to go to a park that closes 3 hours early (yet you still have to pay the same price).

But . .combine that with an EMH? Not sure how that goes. If I was an onsite guest with NO party ticket . .I definitely would choose that day to go. But I still feel it would be less crowded than a normal day -- just because a lot of people will be avoiding MK that day because of the party.

I am going in November and my MK day is an EMM day (so not as busy as EMH) and a party day. We'll see how that goes.

Yes, I'm definitely interested to see what it's like. I figure if nothing else, we'll at the very least get our three FP in and considering I was able to snag a 7DMT at 29 days out I can't be too disappointed!

My recommendation would plan to be there at 8:30am or so since depending on transport it may take longer. When we've arrived on days with EMH but weren't on site guests, we were able to get to the park gate and let in around 15 or 10 till to go to the hub. But it's been probably 3 years or so since then and I know Disney changes their procedures all the time. We ubered to the TTC that time.

Can't hurt to get there early, worst cast scenario is you wait. Gamble on the crowds but it really always is since crowd predictions are never an exact science. I think you're good since you're looking at it as a bonus MK day anyway. Just take your time and enjoy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter