Strategy for fireworks and Fantasyland

disneylover102

DIS Veteran
What are people’s experiences trying to do Peter Pan after the fireworks? Where and when should you line up? How long does it usually take for them to open Fantasyland again?

I have limited experience. One data point about a year ago. If I recall there was a rope near the carousel. If not a rope there was definitely a place to queue. But it was not a single file queue but sort of like at rope drop with a bunch of people across. I got near the front but farther to the right. When they allowed people to move towards PP it was very much like RD in the morning. I tried to get thru the mass of people. And I am a big guy. But by the time I got to the PP actual queue entrance (with the chains) it was clear the wait would be at least 20 minutes. Lots of people were in the queue at that point. So I bailed.

Bottom line is my one data point was much like RD in the morning. Be there early. Towards the left in this case. And walk with great purpose and be ready to jostle a bit trying to get into the queue. And some people just acting kind of rude but most just doing their best given the situation.

:wizard:

Last year we found ourselves in fantasyland one night just before fireworks. We had already watched the show and weren’t planning on watching it that night. But when tinker bell came across the castle my kids wanted to watch. It was actually pretty cool watching behind the castle. We were roped off in front of the carousel but in front of the que for mr toads. Anyway we were at the front of the rope towards the Centre of the carousel then noticed a massive que building over to our left (near mr toads entrance) so we asked a cm why on earth everyone was queuing up and missing the show! He kind of laughed and said they’re lining up ready for Peter Pan. By the time the show
Finished it was massive! We enjoyed jumping straight on all the other FL rises!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter