Strategy for avoiding parades etc

lconn

Earning My Ears
We’re doing a one day trip this Friday. Since our main focus will be rides I was wondering how to navigate around parades and show times? Do you go to DCA? Stay in DL and do certain rides? How do you avoid the crowds after the events are over or not get stuck in areas?

How often can you ride the same attraction....over and over......matterhorn and space.....space and Matterhorn?....with maybe a dip in the pool with nemo.

Just look up the parade route and times, and plan to be out of that area around parade/show times. They also have breaks in the parade to let people cross the route.

I agree that parades aren't really that bad, in that they really only limit traffic flow during the actual parade. So just try to avoid needing to cross the route when the parade is actually on the route. The only other thing I would note is that the attractions along the route do tend to see a sudden increase in line length right after the parade finishes (e.g., Buzz Lightyear might go from almost no line to a 30 minute wait when the parade finishes).

Things like fireworks and F! have a bigger impact on moving about, just because guests are in the viewing area making navigation a bit more difficult. The CMs try to keep walking routes open, so as long as you're there, you should be able to move about. In terms of after the shows end, there really isn't anything you can do other than try not to be in the vicinity of the viewing areas when the show ends.

Being in DCA is certainly an option, especially right now when WoC is not being presented. For me, I would probably try to do the rides in Adventureland, Frontierland, NOS, and Critter Country during the day and then focus on Tomorrowland and Fantasyland during the night (to avoid being in the F! viewing area).

Our whole strategy is all about avoiding the parades. But sometimes that doesn’t always work out. We try to check times and give ourselves an extra 30 minutes. We usually go to DL first and try to get out of there by 2/3 (if the parade is at 3:30.) CA is usually pretty open. It’s easy to walk around parades there too. They have a good system on clearing crowds.

I agree on the above that parades aren’t as bad as the fireworks. We thought we were clear but got caught up with the crowd when the fireworks was suddenly canceled.

Tomorrowland is good place to be stuck in during a parade. You can move around, go on a few rides. One time during spring break season, lines went down to 10 minutes. You can also Take the monorail.

Small world is the worst place to be. You won’t be able to move since it’s where the parade begins or ends.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!