Strategies for infant at Disney & best in-park “rest stops”

Disneymom1102

Mouseketeer
Hi there!
Going in early November to disney with husband, 4 year old daughter, and 2 month old son. Will be going to Epcot and MK. Looking for any advice as it will be first time there with a newborn (have been there a ton with daughter from age 2). Any rides besides the obvious that would be bad for him? Where are good places in air conditioning to stop to change diaper, breastfeed, etc throughout the park besides the baby centers? Any other tips and tricks? TIA!

For the 2-month old any air conditioned show would do, but for your 4 year old some are going to be too boooooring and they'll get wiggly. A good one might be Enchanted Tales with Belle.

At Magic Kingdom, some good "breaks" might be: PeopleMover in Tomorrowland, Dumbo play area in Fantasyland, Tom Sawyer Island, the train (do the entire loop), Tiki Room.

At Epcot, you're looking more at the Pixar Shorts, the movies in the countries, etc.

The Morocco pavilion in Epcot has indoor areas that are never crowded. WS has many areas inside that aren’t too crowded and are good for a rest. Epcot has the best baby center IMO, but they’re all great. HoP and other long dark shows are great for nursing and cooling off. You can have diapers and such sent to your resort (via Amazon) and that’ll save lots of room in your luggage. There are many rides an infant can get on, though several are dark, which frightens some. I’d recommend bringing your own stroller, since you and baby are used to it and the park strollers aren’t for infants. Most importantly, take breaks.

There's a place near Club Cool/character meet spot that has tables and is nicely air conditioned that I really liked for nursing in Epcot. I used the Babycare center there quite a bit because it was centrally located. The MK baby care is more of a pain to get to when you're in the park. When it wasn't too crowded, I liked nursing in Gaston's Tavern because it's darker and cool. Then there's a bathroom right there for diaper changes.

One of my favorite tips is to store the stroller under the seats on the bus, when you can. I haven't been with a double yet, though. Our single city mini worked well under the seats and it freed up arms for holding baby and bags.

Make sure to do rider swap on any ride you won't be taking the infant on. Then your 4 year old can ride once with you and turn around and ride it again with your husband.

If you’re using the regular restrooms to change diapers (vs the baby care centers), there is often a line for the changing table in the women’s room, but never in the men’s. So DH gets to do most of our diaper changes.

We use chux pads (everywhere in public, not just Disney) for diaper changes, so we can just toss them. I have never understood reusable changing pads - I don’t want to put them back in my diaper bag. But Disney’s tables see a lot of use and feel fairly germy to me.

Upstairs at CHH (during an off time, not right at a typical meal time) is a great place to nurse.

If you’re a baby-wearer, take a carrier. We alternate my kids through the stroller and carrier. I also wear my babies on the rides - makes both of us feel more secure.

Definitely utilize rider swap.

Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter