Strange Reservation Question

CAHarwell

Mouseketeer
I have been frantically searching for a Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater reservation for 3 and on a whim, plugged in party of 4 and amazingly enough an availability popped up. Well, needless to say, I grabbed it up, but now I can't change it to a party of 3. Has anyone had an experience with showing up at a restaurant with one less in your party than your reservation? I don't want to show up and have them tell me they can't seat us.

Happens all the time. Long time issue with availability for odd numbers-- I thought it had mostly been fixed in the current system- but judging from your post I guess it still pops up now and then. In fact, back before it was online reservations and you had to call in, I had a phone CM tell me I needed to grow a "person" who ultimately did not make it to the meal. We are a family of 3, and constantly used to have trouble, unless we said we were 4. You are fine. The no-show fee is only if no one at all shows up. You will not be charged for having 3 show up instead of 4.

You can modify it. Very easy. I do it all the time. Go into your reservation on MDE, select modify, and adjust the party size down. The original time that you had will now show up as available for a party of 3. Whenever I am searching for an ADR, if there's nothing available for my party size, I immediately begin looking for one for a larger party.

You can also just show up with one fewer, no problem. It's when you show up with an additional person hoping to be accommodated that you'll run into a problem.

I do this all the time. Just do as the above post says. Modify the reservation and change it down to the number you need.

We booked a reservation at 50's Prime Time for 7 and ended up with only 5. We just checked in early and told them we only had 5. It was no problem.

You can modify it. Very easy. I do it all the time. Go into your reservation on MDE, select modify, and adjust the party size down. The original time that you had will now show up as available for a party of 3. Whenever I am searching for an ADR, if there's nothing available for my party size, I immediately begin looking for one for a larger party.

You can also just show up with one fewer, no problem. It's when you show up with an additional person hoping to be accommodated that you'll run into a problem.

Sometimes that doesn't work.

We had a party of 11 going. Now two aren't going on the trip. I modified all of the ADR's I could, but SCi-Fi and Be Our Guest aren't letting me reduce the party from 11 to 9. I will keep trying to modify them, but if it won't let me, we will be showing up with a party of 9!

We had a party of 11 going. Now two aren't going on the trip. I modified all of the ADR's I could, but SCi-Fi and Be Our Guest aren't letting me reduce the party from 11 to 9. I will keep trying to modify them, but if it won't let me, we will be showing up with a party of 9!
That's ok, they won't charge you if 2 of your party aren't there, they only charge if no one shows.

Strange! I'm glad this hasn't happened to me before! Sometimes if the only reservation available is for 8 or 9 or even 13, I'll take it even when there are only 2 or 4 of us dining. I've never had any problems modifying the size of our party. I can imagine, though, that most restaurants would not be pleased if 4 people showed up for a 13 person reservation! Not quite the same as showing up with two fewer than the reservation (which I used to do before learning how to modify, and nowhere ever gave me a hard time about it).

Well, I guess if I am ever unable to modify a large reservation down to just 3 or 4, I will have to post here hoping another family wants to help us fill the remaining spots in our reservation! Would be an interesting way to meet some new Disney friends!

I don't know why it won't let me modify to a smaller party?
My guess is that they have tables posdibly set up fir 2, 4, 6 and then skip.to 10.or just 12. They fit you in at a table for 12.
There may not be any tables for 9 or 10 left.
I'm pretty sure from past experience that WDW pretty much does their tables on an even number basis.
Maybe try to modify down to 10?
Either way they will not charge you as long as somebody shows up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter