Storyteller's Dinner Buffet

yetiowine

Mouseketeer
I booked a dinner reservation for my upcoming trip and didn't realize it has become buffet only. Anyone graze here recently for dinner and think it's worth it? I do like the idea of letting everyone in the party be as picky as they desire, but I'm also concerned about the food quality such that I should change to a different restaurant. I've never booked a Goofy's Kitchen dinner buffet previously, because the menu didn't sound appealing.

I was just about to inquire about the same thing. I am actually thinking about this for my birthday dinner. While I would prefer one of the higher end locations (and may do so if WOC actually happens) I am more concerned that my 6 year old's normal manners will be strained due to being tired and over disney-fied and that one of the fancy places might be more hassle then its worth. I am wondering about the variety.. the menu online makes it sound kind of like a small buffet.

NOT worth it. In any way. We got trapped into the buffet, not realizing the change, and be being to nice after they sat us. Food was not worth the price and the buffet was no different then before.

In my opinion there are manybetwter restaurants on the property. The Jazz kitchens a fun restaurant with really good food. My 8 year old will eat there no problem.

I ate at Storytellers for dinner last week. I thought the food was quite good and there were enough options for adults. DEFINITELY better than Goofy's by a mile for adults. Traditional kids options were a bit more limited however- basically just chicken nuggets and mac and cheese plus the other general "adult" buffet items including fruit. But if your kid doesn't eat the carved meats or other items they may be unhappy with the selection and would probably be happier at Goofy's. Storytellers is on the pricey side for a buffet without characters or anything.

Don't forget that PPH also has a dinner buffet now. I think it is Italian food themed, if that is any improvement on the other two offerings.

We used to always go to Storyteller cafe for Xmas eve dinner as the buffet was top-notch and not really buffet-y food. I took my niece and nephew last summer, and I was a little disappointed in the offerings. Still good, but not as high quality as it had been several years back.

We have not been since any dinner buffet changes they may have made this year.

That said, we did eat dinner there in February 2017. It was a rainy night at DCA, and although we were having a great time in the rain, we wanted a quiet, indoor, sit-down meal to let our raincoats dry out a bit. DH had the buffet while DD and I ordered from the regular menu. This worked well for us, as DH can eat a LOT, while I am a little pickier and eat less. And DD is happy with anything, so just something from the menu was cheaper. While it wasn't the most "wow" meal of the trip for me, it accomplished our goals (sit somewhere quiet, indoors, and dry out a bit) and DH really did enjoy the buffet options and quantity he was able to consume. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter