Storybook Dining Availability Question

MaryKM

Mouseketeer
My 180 days is coming up soon, and we're doing a DVC split stay. We are hoping to try out the new Artist's Point Storybook Dining experience with Snow White, but I will only be able to make reservations for 180+4, because of the whole split stay dining rule situation.

I'm just wondering - how hard has it been to get this Storybook Dining at the 180 day mark? In a perfect world, we would eat there on arrival day or the day after. Has anyone had any luck getting it around the 180 mark give or take a few days?

I'm sorry if this should be elsewhere. Couldn't find the Storybook thread that I had read a while back.
Thanks!

Last edited:
Not sure how many are in your party? But I think you'll be OK. I just checked my week which is the 2nd week of June so ADR day was awhile ago, and there is still availability for a party of 4 around 8pm each day. Also checked July 6th which I am guessing will be busy and there was a table at 8:35. We're going on Father's Day, can't wait!

Thanks for your reply, @Jessirip. I think I am still feeling the sting of Ohana being completely booked on me for our last two trips - needed to know what I am getting into with this one!
Thanks for looking at the availability that week. I hope you enjoy your Father's Day trip - How special!

I've been testing out availability of a few things (storybook being one of them) to get an idea of what I'll have trouble with when my ADR day finally gets here. Storybook has consistently had dinner availability between 170 and 180 days when I've been looking on a weekday. Not sure about weekends because we plan on booking it for a midweek dinner.

My 180 days is coming up soon, and we're doing a DVC split stay. We are hoping to try out the new Artist's Point Storybook Dining experience with Snow White, but I will only be able to make reservations for 180+4, because of the whole split stay dining rule situation.

I know it’s probably too late to help now but in the future, last I knew you’re able to book length of stay as a DVC member. You have to call member services to have them book the second half for you as the system won’t allow you to, but does help get more difficult reservations. I was able to do so as recently as October for April.

I know it’s probably too late to help now but in the future, last I knew you’re able to book length of stay as a DVC member. You have to call member services to have them book the second half for you as the system won’t allow you to, but does help get more difficult reservations. I was able to do so as recently as October for April.
Thank you! It really does help!
Our dining day is Friday, so I will call and see if they can help me for the last four days.
It did seem kind of bananas that we couldn't book for the rest of that stay, but I figure when you're trying to cater to millions of people each and every day, bananas things are to be expected.

Please report back! I'm planning on going to Storybook on 180+4 with a party of 3. Making my ADRs next week, so I'm looking forward to hearing your experience!

I'm also looking to make an ADR at CRT at 180+2 (3 ppl), and 'Ohana at 180+7 (7 ppl). I understand your worry as I'm feeling it too!

I had no trouble getting a reservation there. My first reservation was made at 180+4. I wasn’t super excited with the time, so I put in a reservation request either with Touring Plans or Mouse Dining and within days (maybe a week or so, I honestly don’t remember), I was able to get a reservation for a time we liked better.

Thank you! It really does help!
Our dining day is Friday, so I will call and see if they can help me for the last four days.
It did seem kind of bananas that we couldn't book for the rest of that stay, but I figure when you're trying to cater to millions of people each and every day, bananas things are to be expected.

I just did this on Monday for our split stay. I was able to make dining reservation online for my first part and then called DVC Member Service at 9 am to book the second half of our reservations.

I just made a reservation for 180+2 and the only dinner time slots available were 4ish and after 8. I grabbed the 4, but am really hoping something will open up closer to 6. I checked 180+1 and there was no availability.

I just over this to 180+6 instead of 180+2 as I want a 5pm for 10 people... fingers crossed!

I have been checking and CRT I can get at exactly 180 but nothing for artist point....

I booked my ADRs this morning, and got DH online to help me. He did Storybook, and I did CRT (both 3 ppl). There was nothing for Storybook at 180+4 and a 4:00 for 180+5. I was able to book for a decent time at 180+7. I'd suggest if you want to dine here at a "suppertime" (and not at 8:30 PM or 4:00 PM) book it at least later than +5.

I was able to get CRT at +2 at 7:00, which I'm happy with. There was zero availability at 'Ohana at +7 (party of 7), but I was able to get a good time at +6 ?!?

This whole ADR process is so stressful... I'm so glad it's over. I had to pivot my plans a bit, but in the end I got everything I wanted.

I booked my ADRs this morning, and got DH online to help me. He did Storybook, and I did CRT (both 3 ppl). There was nothing for Storybook at 180+4 and a 4:00 for 180+5. I was able to book for a decent time at 180+7. I'd suggest if you want to dine here at a "suppertime" (and not at 8:30 PM or 4:00 PM) book it at least later than +5.

I was able to get CRT at +2 at 7:00, which I'm happy with. There was zero availability at 'Ohana at +7 (party of 7), but I was able to get a good time at +6 ?!?

This whole ADR process is so stressful... I'm so glad it's over. I had to pivot my plans a bit, but in the end I got everything I wanted.

Ugh! I moved it to 180+6 and hoping for 5pm! Fingers crossed! Booking for 10 people!!!

Also want CRT at noon on 180+4....

I don't think you will have a problem. We have reservations on June 12th at 5:35 pm and I didn't make the reservation until a week after our 180 hit.

Ugh! I moved it to 180+6 and hoping for 5pm! Fingers crossed! Booking for 10 people!!!

Also want CRT at noon on 180+4....

For fun, I did a search for you - there were good times available at +8 for a party of 10, and not-so-good (4:30 & 8:00) for +7. I'd suggest you try for +6 right at 6:00AM, and have a plan B if necessary.

Lots of availability for lunch at CRT - I don't think you will struggle with that one. Good luck, and let us know how it goes!

I don't think you will have a problem. We have reservations on June 12th at 5:35 pm and I didn't make the reservation until a week after our 180 hit.

I think that since you booked your ADR the restaurant has become very popular! We are also going during FD, which makes it that much busier. It looks amazing, and I can't wait to try it!

For fun, I did a search for you - there were good times available at +8 for a party of 10, and not-so-good (4:30 & 8:00) for +7. I'd suggest you try for +6 right at 6:00AM, and have a plan B if necessary.

Lots of availability for lunch at CRT - I don't think you will struggle with that one. Good luck, and let us know how it goes!

Wow that’s so nice! Gives me some hope, I would take a 430....Thank you! That’s the plan!

When you try to get that dining do you call or try on line? I have been checking in for everyday and it is always sold out. My 180 window doesn't open til March 13. That is the only place I HAVE to get! lol I am only a party of one and all the other places I want there is always an opening. Any hints on how to get it, I would appreciate so much!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter