Storybook Dining at Artist Point Watch Thread!

Someone shared the PDF for dining for 2019 in the Disney Dining Plan forum...but I think it hasn't been updated/isn't correct. Artist Point did used to be a 2 credit place before the revamp into Storybook Dining. The WDW website still lists it as 1 credit, which I hope it stays that way until at least me and my DH get there in July :).
if you book it and have the confirmation for it, they will honor it... so you should be fine!

Good point. The thing is that these characters, other than Snow White, have been very difficult to meet, so many (my family included) are doing this primarily for that reason. We do have a food allergy to deal with (peanut/tree nut), so I am a little concerned about that, but we are looking forward to it!
Sorry for such a late comment to this. Make sure to talk to your server about the allergies. This was our only ADR where someone didn't automatically come talk to me about my allergies. If I'm remembering correctly, a menu with the top 8 allergens was left at our table but nothing else was said without me calling attention to it ( my allergens are not part of the top 8).

Waiting for our 180 days window to open so I can get a reservation for our August trip. My DD really wants to dine here so hoping it will be worth the fact that its a little out of the way. Staying at YC, any advice on best way to get to the resort?

The quickest using Disney transport would be bus to MK, then bus to WL. You can also bus to MK and take the boat to WL, but you will have to go through MK security and the boat is just a little slower than the bus.

Or you can Minnie Van or Uber.

Decided yesterday I wanted to try this place when we go down to Disney in a couple of weeks to drop the eldest spawn off the the CP, of course there was nothing available on the two nights we still had her but we set up Touring Plans reservation finder and had one pop up early this morning. I love that site. Snow White is my favorite princess and it looks like an entertaining meal.

The quickest using Disney transport would be bus to MK, then bus to WL. You can also bus to MK and take the boat to WL, but you will have to go through MK security and the boat is just a little slower than the bus.

Or you can Minnie Van or Uber.

Just curious if you are going from magic kingdom to artist point is the boat the best route or a bus? What do you think?

Just curious if you are going from magic kingdom to artist point is the boat the best route or a bus? What do you think?

Personally, I would leave a little extra time and take the boat. It is a very nice ride, and doesn't take that much longer than the bus. Depending on the timing of a boat coming, it could really be about the same.

I prefer the boat. The boat takes like 10 minutes travel time, the bus takes 5 minutes. Not a huge difference.

I prefer the boat. The boat takes like 10 minutes travel time, the bus takes 5 minutes. Not a huge difference.
Are the boats ECV accessible? My sister has a serious foot problem and had to use one last year and I’m expecting her to need one again this year.

Are the boats ECV accessible? My sister has a serious foot problem and had to use one last year and I’m expecting her to need one again this year.

From MK to WL, it's usually every other boat is ECV/Wheelchair/Stroller accessible. So they have a small boat that isn't, then a big boat, like the Friendship boats at Epcot, and they rotate usually every other.

Ok I’ll do a quick little post now since I got my thoughts together...

When you come in, which is new to me the text you when their ready...pretty cool I got to explore the wilderness lodge a bit! I actually felt very homey there if that makes any sense...it’s a beautiful resort that really is themed so well.

So you’re then seated and I’ll tell you the atmosphere is beautiful; they have trees on the walls and ceilings that light up in different colors and they have themed music throughout...it was very nice esp after my wonderment of the lounge!

You are seated and given this beautiful leather bound menu which shows the selection of choices...for some reason I thought you got two nonalcoholic drinks included...my mistake they aren’t breaking the wall prices though 4/5 dollars for some neat little drinks...soda included though!

I actually ordered a drink too since i got promoted I said what the heck and got some berry tequila drink it actually had some bark to it too which I wasn’t expecting from a Disney drink!

My waitress was wonderful too and you know what I kept hearing and reading that you are rushed while you’re there...I spent an hour and fourty five minutes there and I never once was rushed or hinted at being rushed.

As you can see we dressed up a bit and the characters were super into it I had a BLAST it was so fun, and again no one rushed you.

You all can read the food critics to see how the food was but I highly enjoyed everything that I ate...I got the prime rib (well done I know I know!) and it was delicious!

If you want a one in lifetime fun dining experience with GREAT character interaction and a fun atmosphere you can’t go wrong!

Again I had extra appetizers and no one blinked twice they asked what I wanted more of and how many...as cute as the appetizers are I’m s grown man lol and I don’t care for sweets to much so I needed another round of the awesome soup!

We went last night for the first time. We loved it. (me, my husband and 16 year old daughter). Snow White has always been her favorite princess and Dopey one of her top favorite characters. My husband said the food was the best food he had ever had at Disney. We all had the prime rib. Everyone of us ate the entire meal. Didn't think to ask for more appetizers but glad we didn't as we were so full. Whatever that puffed pastry thing was with the prime rib was delicious!!! The little desserts were super cute but we really only ate the cake one with the dopey hats. Can't wait to do this one again. We were never rushed and our waiter was awesome. Character interaction great as well. Evil Queen surely plays her part well.

Last edited:
We went on Saturday night and had a great time.

The character interaction was fantastic. I have no real princess experience since my son has never wanted to do a princess meal, but Snow White was absolutely charming with the two boys we had there and really got them to open up and chat without it being weird or awkward. They both really enjoyed their interaction with her while being perfectly in character. The dwarves were so much fun. Grumpy insisted on selfies and we all did Grumpy selfies and Dopey was adorable.

We actually ended up seeing all 3 characters before the food came and it was nice to not be interrupted during the meal... we were kind of near the entrance/exit though so they stopped by while coming or going a few more times but it wasn't the interruption of full interaction.

Our waiter was super sweet and super accommodating. At no point did we feel rushed. No one asked for extra appetizers but I did have an extra shrimp because my son didn't eat his.

I thought the soup was very good like most reviews, but the shrimp was also surprisingly good. It was cooked perfectly and a good size but I am not sure I got soy/miso/thai chili/avocado from it but it was tasty. The chicken pie filling was a bit dry - it was almost like a dumpling filling, but I thought it was decent.

I had the apple cocktail and I liked it but I like sweet cocktails. The kids liked the specialty beverage.

I also wanted to report that substitutions were absolutely no problem, and they also have fries. My son had prime rib with fries and it was a huge piece of prime rib - some of the early reviews showed kind of thin pieces... this was an inch thick or so and an end piece so done perfectly for my son. I asked for an extra plate so I could trim it up for him and while there was a fair amount of waste as there always is with prime rib, it was such a large piece I got plenty out of it for him. With fries, he was a very happy camper - and they even subbed fries on the veal dish for the other kid but they did plate it on top of the fries so if you have a picky kid with issues with foods touching make sure to specify it on the side. The other two veal dishes we got with the mashed potatoes instead of celery root puree and it was no trouble. The person who had the seafood said it was all very well cooked and fresh (no off flavors).

The desserts were just okay but we were all stuffed too. I'm not a dessert person really so I'm not the one to ask but we all agreed for the most part that we liked the little apple the most, not just for presentation but it had a little bit of a sour bite that we all liked. The cake dessert was like a deconstructed cupcake and i don't really like cupcakes or frosting. I gave mine to my kid. I think the highlight was the caramel corn and the chocolate ganache harts. They were basic but you can't go wrong with chocolate in our book.

Overall it was a great experience. Great interaction, good food (like good quality wedding banquet food), sweet waiter, nice atmosphere. We are not super huge Snow White fans in particular though, and while we did really enjoy the characters, for what it costs it is probably one and done for us... but that is more a taste issue than a dig on the experience. If you love those characters it is a very nice meal. I am very glad that we did it and we thoroughly enjoyed it.

I have pics of everything but too tired to figure out how to get them in the post, I will add when I get home (we are having a down day at the resort today and my kid is ignoring me!)

I have some questions about the character interaction. We have a reservation at BRV for December (yes, it's a long way away, but most of the fun is in the planning.) Aside from an afternoon at the Poly followed by a MVMCP, and possibly a dinner at Victoria & Albert's, we're planning on staying close to the resort, taking it easy and enjoying everything WL has to offer. Of course we'll probably end up eating at Roaring Fork and Geyser Point at least once, and Whispering Pines is one of our favorite breakfast spots. But we're a little on the fence about Artist Point with the Storybook Dining. We're just one adult couple, no kids, and aren't really interested in meeting characters or taking pictures with them. We had breakfast at CRT once, the princesses all came by and said hello, and we politely declined when they asked if we wanted to take pictures. Does this work the same way? Or is it hard to get that point across with the characters who can't really speak? Or is it easier just to take a quick picture and let them move along? I really like the idea of sitting off in a corner somewhere and watching the interactions/performance/whatever, but not participating. Is there an area of the dining room that's good for that? Or, maybe, a good time to be seated, when we can have the characters all come by early in the meal, and then be done with it?

The menu and food presentation looks really interesting, the dining room looks charming, the characters are new and fun, and we've never eaten at Artist Point before. And I love being able to leave the room we're staying in and walk just a few steps to dinner. And it'll be the only "nicer" restaurant in the MK resort area that we haven't tried yet. But if the character interaction is the main reason to eat there, would we be better off going somewhere else?

I'm so happy to see mostly positive reviews on here. I was looking at Trip Advisor and there were lots of horrible ones, including one who said the food was so bad that she wanted to vomit at the table. I know it's not 5 **, however I can't see anything being that terrible.

I'm so happy to see mostly positive reviews on here. I was looking at Trip Advisor and there were lots of horrible ones, including one who said the food was so bad that she wanted to vomit at the table. I know it's not 5 **, however I can't see anything being that terrible.
Yeah that one is pretty dramatic. Someone in here recently referred to it as catered wedding food and that, plus some of the less dramatic yet still negative reviews on Trip Adviser, plus reading between the lines of everyone saying one and done, has lead to me canceling for this Saturday. For the cost of the dinner we can do something else we may enjoy more. Maybe next time when our visit isn’t so short!

I have some questions about the character interaction. We have a reservation at BRV for December (yes, it's a long way away, but most of the fun is in the planning.) Aside from an afternoon at the Poly followed by a MVMCP, and possibly a dinner at Victoria & Albert's, we're planning on staying close to the resort, taking it easy and enjoying everything WL has to offer. Of course we'll probably end up eating at Roaring Fork and Geyser Point at least once, and Whispering Pines is one of our favorite breakfast spots. But we're a little on the fence about Artist Point with the Storybook Dining. We're just one adult couple, no kids, and aren't really interested in meeting characters or taking pictures with them. We had breakfast at CRT once, the princesses all came by and said hello, and we politely declined when they asked if we wanted to take pictures. Does this work the same way? Or is it hard to get that point across with the characters who can't really speak? Or is it easier just to take a quick picture and let them move along? I really like the idea of sitting off in a corner somewhere and watching the interactions/performance/whatever, but not participating. Is there an area of the dining room that's good for that? Or, maybe, a good time to be seated, when we can have the characters all come by early in the meal, and then be done with it?

The menu and food presentation looks really interesting, the dining room looks charming, the characters are new and fun, and we've never eaten at Artist Point before. And I love being able to leave the room we're staying in and walk just a few steps to dinner. And it'll be the only "nicer" restaurant in the MK resort area that we haven't tried yet. But if the character interaction is the main reason to eat there, would we be better off going somewhere else?

to be honest I would not do it just for the food. IMO it doesn't rate the price on food alone. Food + Characters given other Disney prices, yes. But food alone, for your $55/person before tax you can do a lot better on food elsewhere. I'd take the boat to the contemporary for a meal at CA Grill - that won't buy you a 3 course dinner but it would buy a couple of entrees! Or if you want to stick to WL do the territory lounge. The smoked mushroom bisque and berry cobbler are two old AP classics.

The characters only interact if you want them too I actually saw a couple tell them politely no thank you...and they just waved and walked by. Me and Snow White had a whole conversation on Gooseberry pie!

I would say if your going solely for the food...ehhhh id hit up something else. For me the whole meal is the characters with some nice food, however based purely on food, ehhhh...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter