"STORMIN THE BEACH" BCV Owners- and GROUPIES WELCOME HOME !!

Are they adding more tapstiles and security stations?

No, they're actually taking some out.

:lmao: Just kidding. Yes, they're reconfiguring the whole thing. Check out some of the photos on bioreconstruct's twitter feed or just google for them. They'd demolished the ticket booths and the awning last time I checked.

We will be at BCV the day the Skyliner opens and for a few days after and we have plans to be in Epcot every day including the last Illuminations show and the first night of the new show. I don’t think the IG entrance will be impacted that badly thanks to the remodel they are currently doing but I will be sure to report back.

Hi there! We are new-ish BCV owners (closed last Fall) but experienced DVC owners (SSR). We will be at BCV for our first stay in September. I thought I would confirm info and ask some questions of the experts :)

1. Coffee in the room - the coffeemaker is at least an 8C with a basket filter so I can bring my own filters and bag of coffee?

2. There really aren't any great views to request, correct? We really hate being on the first floor and love a 'water' view so I am planning on calling Member Services and requesting upper floor/pool view.

3. We are not full breakfast every morning type people but would love to have a good table service breakfast at least once. We are also an adult couple with no children (this time) and don't want a character meal. Is Cape May character-only buffet? Is there any other restaurant on property that serves a full breakfast? (we loved staying at the Poly and eating at Kona Cafe). If none on property, where is the nearest breakfast? Trattoria al Forno? Also - is there anywhere to grab a muffin or pastry before heading to the parks?

4. I've heard conflicting info on the Water Parks and beach towels. I can't remember if we've paid to rent them or not. Should we nab towels from the pool and take with us?

5. Walking to HS. Not an issue - we love walking. Is it really a shortcut to go through the BWV pool area? And can someone point me to a map or thread or give specific directions to do this? I saw a thread on this once and can't find it. Something about hanging a left at the bike stand . . .

6. Any other advice/tips/tricks? We are so excited to be at our newest home in September!

Hi there! We are new-ish BCV owners (closed last Fall) but experienced DVC owners (SSR). We will be at BCV for our first stay in September. I thought I would confirm info and ask some questions of the experts :)

1. Coffee in the room - the coffeemaker is at least an 8C with a basket filter so I can bring my own filters and bag of coffee?

2. There really aren't any great views to request, correct? We really hate being on the first floor and love a 'water' view so I am planning on calling Member Services and requesting upper floor/pool view.

3. We are not full breakfast every morning type people but would love to have a good table service breakfast at least once. We are also an adult couple with no children (this time) and don't want a character meal. Is Cape May character-only buffet? Is there any other restaurant on property that serves a full breakfast? (we loved staying at the Poly and eating at Kona Cafe). If none on property, where is the nearest breakfast? Trattoria al Forno? Also - is there anywhere to grab a muffin or pastry before heading to the parks?

4. I've heard conflicting info on the Water Parks and beach towels. I can't remember if we've paid to rent them or not. Should we nab towels from the pool and take with us?

5. Walking to HS. Not an issue - we love walking. Is it really a shortcut to go through the BWV pool area? And can someone point me to a map or thread or give specific directions to do this? I saw a thread on this once and can't find it. Something about hanging a left at the bike stand . . .

6. Any other advice/tips/tricks? We are so excited to be at our newest home in September!

1. Yes you can bring filters and coffee.

2. I really like upper floor pool view rooms at BCV, really dislike first floor rooms at BCV.

3. Cape May is a character breakfast. We haven’t had a chance to fit it in, but the regular TS breakfast at Ale and Compass at the Yacht Club looks really good and would likely work well for you. If you just want to grab and go the BC Marketplace has QS items or if walking to HS you can stop at the BW Bakery.

4. Water Parks have free towels for resort guests.

5. I do think the shortcut saved us some time. I don’t have a map but it was easy to find and figure out.

1. Yes you can bring filters and coffee.

2. I really like upper floor pool view rooms at BCV, really dislike first floor rooms at BCV.

3. Cape May is a character breakfast. We haven’t had a chance to fit it in, but the regular TS breakfast at Ale and Compass at the Yacht Club looks really good and would likely work well for you. If you just want to grab and go the BC Marketplace has QS items or if walking to HS you can stop at the BW Bakery.

4. Water Parks have free towels for resort guests.

5. I do think the shortcut saved us some time. I don’t have a map but it was easy to find and figure out.

The Salted Caramel-Apple French Toast is excellent.

Is there a kitchenette AND a full size kitchen in a dedicated 2 bedroom or is that just in a lockoff?
Only a lockoff. Since the lockoff is a studio and 1 bedroom you get both. The dedicated is just a formal bedroom (2 queen beds) where what would have been the studio in the lockoff. The other big difference is the dedicated only has 1 exit to the hall.

Only a lockoff. Since the lockoff is a studio and 1 bedroom you get both. The dedicated is just a formal bedroom (2 queen beds) where what would have been the studio in the lockoff. The other big difference is the dedicated only has 1 exit to the hall.
This is exactly what I need to know. Thank you!

I'm staying at BCV for my first DVC stay (11 days to go!). Quick question on the walk to HS; I looked at Robo's map but couldn't tell. Is it quicker to turn right and walk past Yacht Club toward Swan and Dolphin or go left past Epcot and then past/thru Boardwalk?

Can someone tell me which Dedicated 2 Bedroom units have Large Balconies? I'd prefer to be overlooking the Pool area. Thank you

No BCV Villas have the small, standing room only balconies.
That doesn't seem to be accurate from other Postings; some have noted Balconies that run the entire width of the room from one Bedroom to the Other, while others have noted they only had 2 chairs and a small table. I'm asking which might run the full width? Are those specific to a Room # ?

That doesn't seem to be accurate from other Postings; some have noted Balconies that run the entire width of the room from one Bedroom to the Other, while others have noted they only had 2 chairs and a small table. I'm asking which might run the full width? Are those specific to a Room # ?
It is accurate.
50% of rooms at BC Resort one “ Juliette Standing Room only small balconies “. None of the BCV BALCONIES are these. They all have at least tables and chairs, as I stated.
Yes some are bigger than others. I don’t believe Room numbers are published.

I had a studio at the BCVs that had the longest running balcony. I just just requested to be on the 4th floor because that is where the laundry is, and I got it.

It is accurate.
50% of rooms at BC Resort one “ Juliette Standing Room only small balconies “. None of the BCV BALCONIES are these. They all have at least tables and chairs, as I stated.
Yes some are bigger than others. I don’t believe Room numbers are published.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter