Storm Dorian and Loews cancellation policy

UOAP

Mouseketeer
So we are planning on spending Labor Day weekend at Universal, and are staying 2 nights at PBH. I know the normal cancellation policy is 5 days before check in, but do they make exceptions for hurricanes? We don't plan on cancelling unless the parks are closed, which I know is rare, but still could happen. Anyone have experience with this?

They make exceptions for cancellations due to hurricanes

I’ve been at UO during two hurricanes

A few years back 2016, the parks were closed on a Friday
Those that had room reservations were allowed to cancel with refunds and no penalty

MCO was closed down for that one and rescheduled flights without change fees

I was already at a UO hotel when Matthew closed the park
UO refunded my Friday hhn tour costs

They make exceptions for cancellations due to hurricanes

I’ve been at UO during two hurricanes

A few years back 2016, the parks were closed on a Friday
Those that had room reservations were allowed to cancel with refunds and no penalty

MCO was closed down for that one and rescheduled flights without change fees

I was already at a UO hotel when Matthew closed the park
UO refunded my Friday hhn tour costs
Thanks! That's a relief.

From the Universal webpage: http://www.universalorlandovacations.com/general-information/severe-weather

"In the event that a hurricane or tropical storm warning is issued by the National Hurricane Center or a state of emergency is declared for the Orlando area or in your place of residence, within seven days of your arrival, you can contact our team in advance to reschedule or cancel your Universal Parks & Resorts Vacations Package, hotel room only accommodations and Universal Orlando theme park tickets booked directly with Universal Orlando, without any cancellation or change fees imposed."

My fam is flying in for Labor Day weekend too staying at the Royal Pacific at Universal until Labor Day, fingers crossed. Still so much uncertainty, at least it appears to be typical Florida partly sunny mornings and off and on showers in the afternoons at least thru Sunday but who knows!

We are supposed to be flying in on Sunday morning and staying through Thursday. I'm crossing my fingers that the storm either falls apart or turns out to sea.

The weather is the one thing no one has absolutely any control over. We've been there over a Labor Day Weekend hurricane before, I want to say it was 2012. It's usually just the outer bands of heavy rain, and thunder and lightning, although that trip we were in the Magic Kingdom during a tornado warning. It was a very, very soggy trip, but hey, you're in Orlando. Gotta make the best of it, it's a bummer if the parks close though.

I'm from Seattle, so rain, even torrential rain, doesn't bother us that much. At least it's warm there.

I just want to get there! I don't care if it rains during our trip (it's September in Florida - I KNOW that there is going to be rain), but I don't want to be stuck in my home airport, trying to get a flight to get there.

Come on, Dorian, turn!

I just want to get there! I don't care if it rains during our trip (it's September in Florida - I KNOW that there is going to be rain), but I don't want to be stuck in my home airport, trying to get a flight to get there.

Come on, Dorian, turn!

Co-signed. I don't mind if it's rainy, there are still plenty of fun things to do indoors! I just don't want to deal with the headache of a cancelled flight (we're flying out after work on Thursday).

Come on, Dorian, turn!

What's the current prediction? We fly out Thursday morning. I'm with you, definitely don't mind being stuck in FL, just don't want to be stuck at home!

From weather.com:

"It's too soon to know if Dorian will bring significant impacts to the Bahamas or some part of the mainland U.S. coastline.

As of the now, the NHC forecasts Dorian to be a tropical storm as it moves through the Bahamas late this week, but that forecast is subject to change."

So, no one knows yet! But will keep checking.

Things not looking great for Florida this morning although it’s still too early to tell. They’ll have a much better grasp of things on Friday. Could really hit anywhere from south Florida to the Carolinas.

We waited until today to make a decision and we just cancelled :( We were suppose to leave tomorrow (from TN) for my 40th Birthday trip. Just received all my custom birthday shirts plus costumes for MNSSHP. Funny thing is we were originally booked on the Disney Dream on Monday 9/2 but decided to renew our UOAP instead and just hit the party. Guess I know how to pick em :/ Hope everyone stays safe and that we made the right call!

We waited until today to make a decision and we just cancelled :( We were suppose to leave tomorrow (from TN) for my 40th Birthday trip. Just received all my custom birthday shirts plus costumes for MNSSHP. Funny thing is we were originally booked on the Disney Dream on Monday 9/2 but decided to renew our UOAP instead and just hit the party. Guess I know how to pick em :/ Hope everyone stays safe and that we made the right call!
I think your cruise would have been canceled so renewing UOAP was the right call! I'm sorry you had to cancel (we just cancelled too). Happy birthday though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter