Storing luggage at resort when not staying there (but eating there?)

rlthomas7

Mouseketeer
We are coming to Orlando for a long weekend at Universal, but wanted to start our time with a nice meal at 'Ohana. We had the idea to go straight to Poly from the airport, stuff ourselves at 'Ohana, and then Uber to our Universal hotel to check in, unpack, etc. Can we store our bags at Poly while we eat? Does anyone know if there's a policy for this?

I believe you have to be a guest of the Poly to store luggage. I'm sure someone will come along with the correct answer.

You are staying at a US hotel? I would think that if you are not a guest of any WDW resorts they would not allow it.

I would think there would be a "possibility" Poly Bell Services would do that for you-they do temporary storage all the time for Poly Guests who store their bags there while they are in the Parks on their Check-out day while waiting for DME.

I would call ahead and ask to be sure.

If they do accommodate you,personally,I would leave a nice tip both when they take your Luggage and when you pick it up.

When we left our luggage with BS at BC in October, we didn't have a room number yet. They just took the bags and gave us a ticket. They didn't ask if we were staying there. Same thing for August at WL - we didn't have a room yet, and they didn't ask for any confirmation. They just took our bags and gave us a ticket.

Lately when we have stored luggage they have been asking if we are checking in or out - it seems different "departments" of bell services handle them. Checking in it was inside at the bell services desk, luggage was stored inside and delivered to us in the room. Checking out it was outside by valet, stored outside and we picked it up. Most recently this was BWI in November and the Poly in December.

I'd suggest just tell them what you're doing (passing through for dinner.) I'm guessing they're happy to get the tips.;)

At least in the hotels I've worked in and for, bell service, was reserved for guests, either incoming or outgoing; this was less stringently enforced pre 9/11. Can say that if you don't ask you are only telling yourself "No".
Should you be driving to Poly in a private vehicle I'd just leave my luggage in the car.

We have done this multiple times...The guy at the bell service never ask us once if we were staying..we just tell them store our luggage while we eat...we get ticket and get luggage later. I don't think it an issue.

I don't think it's technically allowed if you're not a guest. But I do know when I was at Disney for my wedding we did a breakfast the next day and my cousin came from Pop to Contemporary and was leaving for the airport after so he brought his luggage and had no issue storing it at bell services. I don't know what he said when he got there I wasn't with him.

So you’re paying for the trip from airport to poly, to stash bags, then poly to universal. At that point I’d just rent a car at mco to be returned at universal.

Can’t recall what agency is there now, but I’d find that out and do a one way rental. Even if it’s the same cost as the two taxis/ride shares, you’d be in more control. Get a car with a proper trunk, and you can leave bags in the car at poly, too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter