Storage during split stay

voxparse

Abide
Is there somewhere at the fort where I could store my trailer while we go to Galactic Starcruiser? Thinking about planning a trip later in the year and would stay at the Fort when we get done at GS. We have a 21’ travel trailer if it matters.

The order of stay here is generally a factor, @voxparse.

When doing a split stay (or a Fort stay/Disney cruise which happens often), it's BEST to do the Fort stay first. The Fort has been burned in the past about people, for example, going on a Disney cruise and convincing Fort staff to allow them to store the camper in the Fort parking lot and taking the Disney Cruise bus to Port Canaveral, doing a cruise, then cancelling the Fort stay. I don't cruise, don't use a bus, so don't know if I got that right but that's the gist. If you did the Fort stay first, they have usually let folks drop in the Fort lot since they know they're not going to be burned with a cancellation. Helps to get a piece of paper from the Fort Front Desk to put in a ziploc on the outside of your rig while you're not at the Fort to show it is legit. One sees those zip loc papers sometimes in that back lot.

Most of the Disney resorts on property have parking accommodations for "over-sized" vehicles such as a Class C or Class A or TV-trailer combo. Usually the guard at the gate tells you to park in the back 40. Galactic Cruiser being new (and parking lot not very big) they may let you put your TV-trailer in their parking lot in back or tell you otherwise where to stash it (Studios parking lot, MK parking lot?). It would be worth a call to try to get in touch with their Front Desk at GSC or some info about what to do with over-sized vehicles or rigs such as yours. Like I said, Disney properties usually take them and if they don't, they have a Plan B for them in their pocket.

Disney will ultimately have a plan for you but don't count on the Fort if it's your second stay. Your first resort should have a plan. It would be nice to know the plan ahead of time but you shouldn't be stranded without a plan.

Bama Ed

Looks like Disney is using the corner of the Studios Parking lot for Galactic Starcruiser needs (Cast Members? Guests?)

1676903596024.png

Port Orleans is where they usually send you when "Camping and Cruising" if the Fort doesn't have room in the overflow.

Port Orleans is where they usually send you when "Camping and Cruising" if the Fort doesn't have room in the overflow.
That's where they had a number of us drop our rigs after Hurricane Irma. They put us up at Old Key West, but there was no sticking a 42 foot rig in there.

j

I did not notice some rigs in the overflow parking for several days, almost a week and thought perhaps they were cruising..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter