• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

stoller

Tigandpooh

Earning My Ears
We are going to Disney in June and I am trying to decide if I need to bring a stroller. If we get a stroller at the park and then go to another park, What are the chances of us not being able to get a stroller at the new park?? What will Disney do if they don't have a stroller in the new park? Thanks!!!!

I think a lot of this depends on the personalities and preferences of your family. We have always stayed on site and rented strollers in the parks. We love the convenience. We have done this with babies as young as 6 months- though they have since changed the strollers and we brought our own for our second 6 month old. As far as running out of strollers- I've never been in June. I do know that Epcot ran out of their newer strollers last time we were there the day after Thanksgiving, but they had the old ones in storage and pulled them out and it was fine. Maybe someone who has been in June can help. Also, the crowds will depend on whether you plan on visiting during the weekend probably.
Good luck!

I don't think you'll have an issue with Disney not having strollers available at any park. We bring our own, but I've never heard of problems with rental availability. You don't say how old your child is so that would make a difference in whether you might want to bring your own or not. Our DD is 3 1/2 and we just find it easier to have our own to get us through the airport. around the resorts and in/out of the parks. We have a lightweight Combi (7 1/2 lbs) that is great for traveling.

Have a fun trip :D

Thanks for helping. My kids are 3 1/2 and 6. I don't know if my 6 year old will be able to walk around the parks for very long and I really don't want to carry her.

I've been twice with my family and my nieces. The first trip my youngest niece was 3 1/2 and the older 6. The next trip they were 5 and 8. Both times both girls wanted to walk but little legs do get tired- especially for the younger one. My DH and I have decided for our upcoming trip to let our DD who will be 4 1/2 walk in the mornings and rent a stroller after lunch. She is very independent and won't want to ride in the stroller - especially with her older cousins walking- but this is something we are going to talk with her about before we go and stick to. Our last trip our youngest niece who was 5 walked the entire time. By the end of the week, she was exhausted and miserable- not a very happy girl! We'll see how this plan works. It will allow her to walk some, but still save her energy for the rest of the week. Also, by the end of the trip we may just rent a stroller in the morning for the day and not let her walk- we'll see how things go and play that one by ear.
We've also found that renting a stroller is much easier- especially on- site with the buses. We took our own last time for our 6 month DS and will enjoy the freedom of renting. This is just each family's personal choice and preference.
Have a wonderful time and enjoy the trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter