Stitch’s Great Escape permanently closed

I don't go to Disney for the same rides I find at the State Fair or local carnivals. Not at the price Disney charges!!
Oh, I wasn't directing my idea to you. I wouldn't ask anyone to go to disney to ride a carnival ride. They can make that choice on their own :)

I don't go to Disney for the same rides I find at the State Fair or local carnivals. Not at the price Disney charges!!
Dumbo, magic carpets of Aladdin, triceratops spin, mad tea party, carousel, Primeval whirl (Six Flags America has an exact clone of this ride), astro orbiter, the WDW RR., Rafiki's affection station (when it reopens).

Putting a Disney spin on these rides has a place at WDW. Given the limited space they have, any new attraction in this space will have to be low capacity. Which means it can't have too high of a demand. Putting a Disney spin on a generic flat ride is probably the best option.

Example: scrambler in the dark:

Perhaps this ride could be the sequel to Great Escape: chasing the escaped Stitch through space.

I'm not saying it was a great attraction, but they definitely need to put something in its place .. otherwise you're not getting the number of people that were already going through that ride out of other ride queues. I mean, I never went in there where it wasn't an almost full ride. It felt a bit like the meandering crowd that rolls in Laugh Floor.

To me it makes it feel cheap and carnival-like.
Isn't that what they were going for over there, though? An old school carnival? (Don't get me wrong, paying for those things is lame and I almost can't imagine that they are making money from the wages they have to pay to man that stuff -- but I could be wrong).

Dumbo, magic carpets of Aladdin, triceratops spin, mad tea party, carousel, Primeval whirl (Six Flags America has an exact clone of this ride), astro orbiter, the WDW RR., Rafiki's affection station (when it reopens).

Those are at some other amusement parks but I've not seen most at state fairs or other traveling carnivals. Closest would be Primeval Whirl which I've seen a similar version at the state fair although much smaller and a thin rail track instead of tubular steel.

I don't know how you'd hoax something like this, but I just do not understand why when you are dismantling the ride that you need to rip the outsides off of an animatronic before you just take the whole thing out of there .... ???

honestly not sure - I would think you would be right and you could just take the whole thing out in one piece ... but maybe the way this one is installed it was installed first and then the outside put on so they have to do the reverse to get it out?

honestly not sure - I would think you would be right and you could just take the whole thing out in one piece ... but maybe the way this one is installed it was installed first and then the outside put on so they have to do the reverse to get it out?
You are a thinking man. That's not a bad hypothesis.

Dumbo and his clones, Astro Orbitor, Primeval Spin, Tea Cups, A.S.S., Star Tours (more of a 1990s mall ride), Philermagic, Kali River Rapids... All could be found at carnivals or local parks.

Now that they are obsessed with coasters, and they only have one ranked in the top 100, they are building many rides similar to what you could do at any park.

Edit: PP beat me to it.

Last edited:
Those are at some other amusement parks but I've not seen most at state fairs or other traveling carnivals. Closest would be Primeval Whirl which I've seen a similar version at the state fair although much smaller and a thin rail track instead of tubular steel.
There are always Dumbo and teacup clones at every fair I go to. They don't look exactly the same, but are the same basic ride.

Dumbo and his clones, Astro Orbitor, Primeval Spin, Tea Cups, A.S.S., Star Tours (more of a 1990s mall ride), Philermagic, Kali River Rapids... All could be found at carnivals or local parks.

Star Tours and Kali are not portable carnival rides and won't be found at state fairs and traveling carnivals. Some do have the small 3D virtual rides like at the mall but they're not that similar of an experience to me. The other spinning rides have carnival versions but the ones I've seen are far smaller. I have seen a ride similar to Primeval Whirl at our state fair but its much smaller and used thin square rails rather than the tubular steel that Disney used. But I agree, the kids spinning rides are similar to the carnival ride counterparts.

Star Tours and Kali are not portable carnival rides and won't be found at state fairs and traveling carnivals. Some do have the small 3D virtual rides like at the mall but they're not that similar of an experience to me. The other spinning rides have carnival versions but the ones I've seen are far smaller. I have seen a ride similar to Primeval Whirl at our state fair but its much smaller and used thin square rails rather than the tubular steel that Disney used. But I agree, the kids spinning rides are similar to the carnival ride counterparts.
I was including local amusement parks too, many of which of rapids. If you are strictly talking about traveling carnivals I agree they don't have rapids.

I personally love the Himalaya and think Disney could make it feel Disney. If you had two and ran them well I think it would have good enough capacity. Unfortunately there aren't that many Himalayas at local parks, so they are hard to do outside of fairs.

That said, I doubt they'll do it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!