Stitch’s Great Escape permanently closed

Maybe they're just making it a live action version with CGI chili dogs.

The Stitch theaters are small and oddly shaped and they're placed in the center of a building that is not easily accessible by construction equipment.

It's fenced in by Cosmic Ray's, Mickey's Star Traders etc. and the People Mover. The theaters are round, and added together have about 1/2 the floor space of the theater space for Star Tours (guessing from online satellite photos).

It's going to be very difficult to place any kind of high-capacity and (most importantly of all) impressive attraction in that space.

If it's going to be a simulator attraction, perhaps they will bust upwards and build 4 new theaters on the 2nd floor, or else stack them with 2 below and 2 above.

2 round theaters, This is one of my all time favorite "round" rides. Disney could space theme these fairly cheap, maybe in the dark with cool space effects. I would ride it!

A few weeks ago I noticed they had a sign that said "Stitch Has Left The Building" by the entrance. I figured that meant he wasn't reopening.

The Stitch theaters are small and oddly shaped and they're placed in the center of a building that is not easily accessible by construction equipment.

It's fenced in by Cosmic Ray's, Mickey's Star Traders etc. and the People Mover. The theaters are round, and added together have about 1/2 the floor space of the theater space for Star Tours (guessing from online satellite photos).

It's going to be very difficult to place any kind of high-capacity and (most importantly of all) impressive attraction in that space.

If it's going to be a simulator attraction, perhaps they will bust upwards and build 4 new theaters on the 2nd floor, or else stack them with 2 below and 2 above.
It would be such low capacity, it wouldn't be worth it

They should but a Scrambler in the space. You have no idea how much fun the scrambler is till you do it in the dark! We have one at our Six Flags in the old Chevy Show theater sorta like this one but Disney could theme it so cool and make it futuristic.

2 round theaters, This is one of my all time favorite "round" rides. Disney could space theme these fairly cheap, maybe in the dark with cool space effects. I would ride it!

Given Disney's penchant for projections, I think it's only a matter of time before they start using them within attractions in order to easily change the look and feel of the ride. Slap a spinner ride in a white room and have projections that could literally change with each ride.

Given Disney's penchant for projections, I think it's only a matter of time before they start using them within attractions in order to easily change the look and feel of the ride. Slap a spinner ride in a white room and have projections that could literally change with each ride.

I actually think that could be quite fun .... meone had posted a picture/video of a whip ride that was in doors/in the dark and it looked like a lot of fun

Obviously wouldn’t be a major attraction but if you had something fun, family friendly, in the dark, with re-disability that would be way better use of the space than stitch

I would find that okay. I hated the Stitch attraction, so anything is better for me. I am sad that they could not find a way to use Stitch in that space though, expecially given that. Live action Lilo and Stitch movie is in the works.

I actually think that could be quite fun .... meone had posted a picture/video of a whip ride that was in doors/in the dark and it looked like a lot of fun

Obviously wouldn’t be a major attraction but if you had something fun, family friendly, in the dark, with re-disability that would be way better use of the space than stitch
A scrambler would work well in that space in the dark with projections.

I wonder if they could put in two of them if they took out mickey's star traders.

Either way, they can use the preshow age area to count out guests and assign seats to speed up boarding process. And also do a preshow.

Last edited:
I think the days of attractions not tied to IP are over.

I’m okay w IP, I’m excited for Star Wars GE too, but I think this is a shame. They can balance it. They’ve made over a billion dollars combined ($2b, maybe?) with 5 movies loosely based off a Disneyland ride. The best ride at AK (I’ll fight on this :P ) has no IP ties whatsoever (Expedition Everest). Space Mountain doesn’t either. Soarin, even Spaceship Earth are popular. Test Track has GM sponsorship but no real IP.

There’s a lot of fun rides they can do without IP, and even making rides that can become IP. I actually enjoy the Frozen renos to the Norway Viking ride, just open something original next, you know?

Maybe they will use the space as a staging area for the new People Mover upgrade. Rocket Rods here we come.

I don't go to Disney for the same rides I find at the State Fair or local carnivals. Not at the price Disney charges!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter