Still with Team Disney

SL6827

DIS Veteran
Day three here in Grand Cayman in a condo with lots of room and space. Sitting out looking at 7 Mile Beach as I type. Very nice, very BLESSED to be here. But I know now that I still am and always will be in Team Disney.

Not enjoying the cooking and cleaning that goes along with a condo. I think studios and hotel rooms will do me just fine.

Apples to Oranges.

We LOVE cruising (been to Grand Cayman on two of the cruises, and really enjoyed 7 mile beach). Lately we've been mainly rotating between a family cruise one year, and Disney the next.

I'm not sure if I would enjoy a condo either. We enjoy being spoiled on a cruise ship with no cooking, wonderful shows and entertainment, etc... What I like about Disney is the fun is all around you all the time (we stay onsite), and I don't have to worry about driving, or cooking, etc...

Hope you have a great time on Grand Cayman!

Dan

Well I was mostly referring to staying in a resort room, DVC studio ect, anywhere we vacation. The cooking and cleaning aspect is just not me, but I am glad that I now know that.

The cooking and cleaning aspect is just not me, but I am glad that I now know that.
I hear you!! I was just commenting the other day that one of the things i am most looking forward to for our April trip is no cooking and not worrying about cleaning. I think the laundry will still be there because with a 10 day trip i think i will have to take advantage of the laundry in our 2BR at Kidani. I need the break and am soooo looking forward to it. Only 24 days to go!!!

Different strokes.

My mom hates DVC rooms with a kitchen and laundry. She hates the even appearance of cooking cleaning or laundry on vacation. DH and I love the freedom it gives us... To pack lighter...reuse clothes...make a snack etc.

Just different strokes. But we DO love Disney World.

We've been diving in Grand Cayman twice and stayed in a condo (on the other side of the island since the diving is better there) and I agree, it didn't seem as much like a vacation. We rented a car and stopped at the grocery store on the way to the condo. We would at least eat breakfast and lunch in the condo and a few nights a week we cooked. I will admit it was nice having a washer and especially a dryer to wet smelling dive clothes and bathing suits but the cooking and having to do the dishes was a bummer. We stay in houses and condos a lot when diving unless we are on a live aboard (kind of like a cruise for divers but real bare bones) since a lot of the places we go don't have a lot of resorts. It's easier when diving since you really have a lot of dirty smelly gear and sand and need to spread out but I love me a hotel.

Different strokes.

My mom hates DVC rooms with a kitchen and laundry. She hates the even appearance of cooking cleaning or laundry on vacation. DH and I love the freedom it gives us... To pack lighter...reuse clothes...make a snack etc.

Just different strokes. But we DO love Disney World.

I'm with your mom. I am a SAHM and do ALL the housework and cooking. I'll be damned if I even have to LOOK at a kitchen or vacuum cleaner on vacation. Thankfully, my husband agrees with me so we go on cruises or stay Club level when we travel. Otherwise it's not a vacation, it's just doing the same thing I do every day in a different setting.

I do all the cooking in our family and I absolutely refuse to cook when we are on vacation. My DW does most of the laundry and she refuses to do laundry while we are on vacation. Studios are all we need at WDW.

Not sure the comparison you are trying to make. Grand Cayman has hotels...it was your choice to book a condo...

Reactions: Iya
Not sure the comparison you are trying to make. Grand Cayman has hotels...it was your choice to book a condo...
I may have just not made myself clear. What I am trying to get across is that while on vacation, especially at Disney, I will prefer either a regular room or DVC studio, verses renting a condo or such and not have that much cooking and cleaning to do. (except laundry, I always do that while on vacation)
But everyone has their own preference and that's great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter