Sticky for restaurant recommendations for OYO time

Faces of Cusco Pottery and Chocolate Experience in Cusco, Peru. $45 per person. So much fun!

Taste of Lima-- Lima Gourmet Company, Lima, Peru can be booked through Viator. A great way to see Lima is by tasting the food. Kid-friendly.

Dublin, Ireland

Chapter One

Location: It's hidden away in the basement of the Dublin Writers Museum on Parnell Square in the north of Dublin City Centre.

Cuisine: A mix of modern cuisine with the added benefit of local Irish suppliers from around the country. The restaurant has both tasting menus and set menus that have dishes on offer from fish to beef or even game.

The food is fantastic and the ambience experienced shows you why it is graded as one of Irelands top Michelin starred restaurants. The Maitre 'D is a standout within the entertainment of your meal and will really show you what a fine dining experience in Ireland is like.

What you'll pay: The tasting menus can be relatively expensive but that should be expected from a Michelin starred meal. The pre-theatre or lunch menu are highly recommend and a great deal for their price. Be sure to book a few weeks in advance because it will be hard to get a booking within a week or so.

Good Points: It's within walking distance of the heart of Dublin so you can experience most of what Irelands capital has to offer during the day.

Bad Points: It may be hard to find and due to it being one of only a few Michelin starred restaurants in Ireland it can be hard to get a booking within a short notice.

Just returned from the Spain ABD and spent two extra days in Madrid, with our DD's friend, who is a local. He took us to many extra spots, but wanted to mention these two restaurants and a museum, in case you have OYO time in Madrid.

1. La Gamella - Calle de Alfonso XII, 4 On Monday-Saturday, they have a lunch special from 1:30-4 - three courses for 22 euros. Food was excellent, atmosphere was very pretty. We had 2:30 reservations - and enough food to last the day. I'd definitely return.

2. Sidras Casa Mingo - Paseo Florida 24 This was more casual, move tables and chairs together. Very local feel. Supposedly the best roast chicken in town. ;-)

3. Museo Thyssen-Bornemisza - Paseo del Prado, 8 This smaller art museum is free on Mondays from 12-4. Loved it.

Also - when you have OYO time in Ronda, we adored our lunch on the terrace of Hotel Montelirio! It was recommended by our guide. Definitely worth passing up shopping time. Was probably our BEST meal in Spain. Just gorgeous views. LOVED it!

Island of Crete in Greece:

The Ferryman restaurant in Elounda --- This place was highly recommended to us by our ABD guide, Mary. Reservations here are a must, and we used the concierge at the hotel to help us get them for dinner on our own one night, as did 3 other families on our trip. We absolutely loved it! The food is "gourmet Greek" or in other words, an upscale version of your typical Greek fare. The location is directly on the water with stunningly beautiful views! Each thing we ordered was more delicious than the last, but some highlights were the fried cheese appetizer, the fresh grilled fish, and the "inside out" pork gyro. The desserts were also outstanding! Service was a bit slow, but I find that to be the case in most restaurants we visit over in Europe as compared to what we are used to in the USA. This is just a cultural difference, and most restaurants are in no big rush to move customers in and out, in our experience. We went into it knowing it would be a long meal, so it didn't bother us at all, but it's good to just be aware of it going in. It was such a pleasant evening, with awesome food and beautiful views. On top of that, we felt that it provided a really authentic Greek experience, as opposed to dining at a tourist trap. It turned out to be a real highlight for us, and perhaps the best meal of the trip!

thank you for that Twolittlestiches, we will be doing Adults only trip in September. we would love to try that restaurant. Has anyone tried restaurant Premiere at Intercontinental in Athens. Supposedly it is Michelin starred .

thank you for that Twolittlestiches, we will be doing Adults only trip in September. we would love to try that restaurant. Has anyone tried restaurant Premiere at Intercontinental in Athens. Supposedly it is Michelin starred .
Hi there -- we were able to go to Premiere for drinks one night and the view was really awesome. My plan was to go there on one of our "on your own" nights, but unfortunately the night I planned to go (Sunday) was the night the restaurant was closed. We had booked an "Athens by Night" tour on Saturday, and I could not switch plans. I was super disappointed that I had missed my chance to eat there! The bar/lounge area had the same view as the restaurant, so at least I got to experience part of it. I did hear from some other Adventurers that they enjoyed dining there very much! Reservations are essential, because it's a very small restaurant.

Thanks 2littlestitches! Our Greece trip is in 4 weeks. So The Ferryman is not at the resort? Just want to be sure I understand. Hope to see your TR before we leave.

Thanks 2littlestitches! Our Greece trip is in 4 weeks. So The Ferryman is not at the resort? Just want to be sure I understand. Hope to see your TR before we leave.
No, The Ferryman is in the town of Elounda, which is very close to the resort. It cost 8 Euros for a taxi ride there. Not far, and in our opinion very worth it! There are many shops and restaurants in the area. Regarding restaurants at the resort in Crete, we chose Koh for our "Dine Around" evening, and we liked it a lot. In particular, the waterfront table was really special at Koh.

we would like to do what you did, use "Koh" for "a la carte" day and " The ferryman" next day. I heard good things about "Koh"
Did yo do any OYO in Santorini.

we would like to do what you did, use "Koh" for "a la carte" day and " The ferryman" next day. I heard good things about "Koh"
Did yo do any OYO in Santorini.

We were super tired and a little lame in Santorini! We ended up just having dinner at the hotel at a place called Crocus, I think. It was actually pretty good, but I heard a lot of great reports from other adventurers who went into the town of Fira for dinner, which was walking distance from the hotel. Maybe do a little research on Fira restaurants, then you'll have someplace in mind, unlike us who swam in the pool too long and dined at the hotel. LOL

Alaska--
Anchorage - Fat Ptarmigan's, Orso, Wild Scoops Ice Cream
Talkeetna - Spinach Bread Truck, Roadhouse
Seward - Zudy's

Banff-
Stock, Grapes, and Waldhaus in the Fairmont Banff Springs
Nourish
Beaver Tails
Silver Dragon

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter