• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sticker Shock

wfdiaff

Mouseketeer
Does anyone else think that Royals prices are high especially for the Harmony? I did some comparison between Royal and Carnival (don't hate). Balcony for 4 people during the week of March 10, 2018,for a minimum of 7 days.
Carnival Vista(newest ship 2016) 8 day $3900
Allure of the seas 7 day $4600
Harmony of the seas (newest ship 2016) $6000
I would really like to to do Royal over Carnival but not for that difference in price. I cant believe Royal is that much better and I am not that picky.
Anyone else have the same opinion. Help me see the light of Royal.

That does seem a bit high to be honest- the Allure price is ok for spring break time, but Harmony does seem pricey. I have no idea how the ship compares to the Carnival ship you mentioned as I haven't looked up Carnival ships before

I think the prices are a bit out of whack as those cruises were just posted yesterday. Royal is still putting up their cruises for fall 2017/spring 2018 so perhaps they are still in progress? You could book and hope it falls, cancel if it doesn't. I do think Vista is going to be pretty nice though...

I looked at prices of January 2017 and the Harmony is higher than Allure then as well.

Does anyone else think that Royals prices are high especially for the Harmony? I did some comparison between Royal and Carnival (don't hate). Balcony for 4 people during the week of March 10, 2018,for a minimum of 7 days.
I would really like to to do Royal over Carnival but not for that difference in price. I cant believe Royal is that much better and I am not that picky.

Disney Fantasy, 7 night Western carribean, spring break 2017, 4 people, family verandah is $9200.
$6k seems cheap compared to that!

The problem is the ship. The Anthem is same way. The newest ships always cost a premium. It takes a couple years for the prices to come down. If you want lower priced, look up the Grandeur out of Baltimore. That ship is typically lower.

A combination of a premiere season and a lot of early booking both create a supply and demand pinch. When they first opened the Harmony bookings last year, the prices were a lot lower, and a lot of cabins were snapped up quickly.

Recently I looked at a variety of dates for this ship and a few other RCCL ones. I was also suprised at the costs and I was looking at low cost time frames. New ship is one reason-who wouldn't want to sail on such a new ship with so many bells and whistles! I also wonder if they are trying to get some of that revenue clearly out there from people who pay higher prices on DCL, for example.

After it was all said and done we decided to book the Liberty. It appears to have a lot of neat stuff on it also and not near as expensive. Maybe sometime in the future I will get to do an Oasis class, I would like to try one of the Boardwalk balconies.

After it was all said and done we decided to book the Liberty. It appears to have a lot of neat stuff on it also and not near as expensive. Maybe sometime in the future I will get to do an Oasis class, I would like to try one of the Boardwalk balconies.

We love Royal and I'm sure you'll have a great time on Liberty. Do report back and let us know what you think. Enjoy your cruise.

Yes I did. and your point is?

WOWZERS. Nearly a month later and you respond like this?

The point was..."hey look, in case you hadn't checked back there" (because you would be surprised how many people post in both places and forget to check one or the other place), and "wow, you got some great responses!" Because I generally mean literally what I say. So...when I say "you got great responses" means "you got great responses".

Also, and this isn't what I meant then but it's what I mean NOW...many of us here are also over there. When you ask in both places, expect the same people to be answering you a lot of the time. In case you didn't realize that. I have a different name there than here, because I hadn't found the Dis when I first joined there, but just like many of us, we're in both places.

New ships are expensive. Bigger ships are expensive. It is what it is.

WOWZERS. Nearly a month later and you respond like this?

The point was..."hey look, in case you hadn't checked back there" (because you would be surprised how many people post in both places and forget to check one or the other place), and "wow, you got some great responses!" Because I generally mean literally what I say. So...when I say "you got great responses" means "you got great responses".

Also, and this isn't what I meant then but it's what I mean NOW...many of us here are also over there. When you ask in both places, expect the same people to be answering you a lot of the time. In case you didn't realize that. I have a different name there than here, because I hadn't found the Dis when I first joined there, but just like many of us, we're in both places.

New ships are expensive. Bigger ships are expensive. It is what it is.

Okay, so I may of misinterpretted your response. It took a month because when I read it a month ago, I typed an unnice reply so I deleted it and was just now getting back to this forum. I read it like this.....YOU ALREADY ASKED THIS QUESTION DIPSH@@ ON CRUISECRITIC WHY ARE YOU BOTHERING US WITH THE SAME QUESTION HERE! This is the problem with email, texts and chat. There is no way to add feeling other than punctuation. I believe there also should be a "sarcastic" font.
So In retrospect, thanks for the heads up. I did see the responses there. I like to seek many opinions when I am researching something to make sure I get all angles covered. (Insert handshake emoticon here) I couldn't find one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter