Step By Step - How to Add Names to an Existing Contract (Gratuitous Transfer)

I'm working on adding my name to our DVC contract, which was just in my wife's name previously. I have a question which may have been answered. When listing the names we are transferring to on the Request to Transfer Title document, do I separate the names with a comma or the word 'AND' or something else?

THIS WARRANTY DEED dated ______________________ day of ______________________, 2019, by A and B, whose post office address is XXXX, XXX, XX XXXXX, hereinafter called the grantor, to A, B, C and D, Joint Tenants with Full Right of Survivorship and not as tenants in common, whose post office address is XXXX, XXX, XX XXXXX, hereinafter called the grantee:

Agree with DaveNan - we changed ours from our names to a revocable trust.
I searched (with the instructions in this thread) several DVC filings and pulled the filing for our original purchase and made the changes.

Hello-
Wondering if anyone knew the answer to this question...

My father passed away in 2018. He willed A contract to me.
I have been paying the dues and making reservations in my name since then and today I got the deeds in my name after going through Probate and Orange county.
I have my own contract in my name. Will they just add my father's contract to my membership in my name?
We both had the same Feb Use Year.
Other thing I am worrying about is if they transfer it, Will that delete/cancel a thanksgiving week trip I have booked? or will they transfer that reservation to my account also?
Or should i wait till after thanksgiving to notify DVC?
Any info is appreciated!!!!!!!

I believe as long as the deeds are titled exactly the same and have the same use year they will be merged into one membership number. I'm not as sure about the reservation - I think you would be safe as you would be if it was a gratuitous transfer. And I also think Disney may already have the information that the deed has had ownership transferred and will automatically merge the accounts. There are very experienced DVC veterans who may have a definitive answer and will chime in.

Hello-
Wondering if anyone knew the answer to this question...

My father passed away in 2018. He willed A contract to me.
I have been paying the dues and making reservations in my name since then and today I got the deeds in my name after going through Probate and Orange county.
I have my own contract in my name. Will they just add my father's contract to my membership in my name?
We both had the same Feb Use Year.
Other thing I am worrying about is if they transfer it, Will that delete/cancel a thanksgiving week trip I have booked? or will they transfer that reservation to my account also?
Or should i wait till after thanksgiving to notify DVC?
Any info is appreciated!!!!!!!
They should as long as it's titled EXACTLY the same down to the initials or middle names and who is title first and second. I'd call member admin and discuss with them to be sure and to make them aware of the need. Unfortunately, from what I've seen in the past, if they don't do it on the front end, they likely won't fix it later.

As for cancelling your Thanksgiving trip, when I did a transfer by adding my kids to our membership, they took all the paperwork, but wouldn’t finalize it until we used the reservation. I called back the next week, after our trip, and they had it Completed within a week.
I have since heard that because it was all in the family, they didn’t need to wait until after the reservation, but in my case they did anyway.

As for cancelling your Thanksgiving trip, when I did a transfer by adding my kids to our membership, they took all the paperwork, but wouldn’t finalize it until we used the reservation. I called back the next week, after our trip, and they had it Completed within a week.
I have since heard that because it was all in the family, they didn’t need to wait until after the reservation, but in my case they did anyway.
This was not my experience and I communicated directly with Member admin about this issue. They said as long as the original owners were staying on the deed, having pending reservations would not be affected. When we did the transfer we did have pending reservations and there were no issues. It's certainly possible the process could change but I'm confident that as long the owners stay on the deed it won't be an issue. Now certainly there is always the law of unintended consequences but in reality I don't recall anyone saying their reservation were canceled without communication. I am aware of other hold ups like yours but only when removing the current owners in the process.

This was not my experience and I communicated directly with Member admin about this issue. They said as long as the original owners were staying on the deed, having pending reservations would not be affected. When we did the transfer we did have pending reservations and there were no issues. It's certainly possible the process could change but I'm confident that as long the owners stay on the deed it won't be an issue. Now certainly there is always the law of unintended consequences but in reality I don't recall anyone saying their reservation were canceled without communication. I am aware of other hold ups like yours but only when removing the current owners in the process.
This was the case when we did ours last spring. We had 2 existing reservations and it did not have any affect on our transfer paperwork going through.

Reports are that OCC may record a deed with mistakes but Disney will reject it.
This has me worried. What kind of mistakes? If Disney rejects it, do they tell you why and let you correct it and resubmit it? Then do you have problems with OCC and duplicate deed regestering? Someone said they read of people losing their points because they did it wrong!!!

I know this thread is a few months old, but was hoping someone could help. I am up to the point where I’m filling out the doc stamp tax form. Since I am also doing a gratuitous transfer, do I check yes when asked if it is a gift?? Thanks!
I didn't see instructions for the doc stamp form. Did I miss that? Where did you read about it?
EDIT: I found this.
If you haven't included a consideration paragraph in your deed, OCC instructions are to write "consideration $10.00" on the top left of the deed. This now replaces the need to prepare the document stamp statement.

Why are you needing to complete a doc stamp form? Did you submit, and they sent you that form?

Last edited:
Glad to hear that Disney was so helpful with everything!

I emailed the Request to Change Title form to DVC on Wednesday afternoon and my mom got the email from them with all the information and forms today, Friday. It took less than 2 days! So now I am working on the deed and hope to have everything ready to mail early next week. (I just have to find a notary somewhere!) I'll keep you posted on how it goes!
Did you email the Request to Change Title form from WITHIN your DVC account somehow, like through contact us or something? Or was it just your regular email, like emailing a friend?

Did you email the Request to Change Title form from WITHIN your DVC account somehow, like through contact us or something? Or was it just your regular email, like emailing a friend?
When we got the ball rolling on our title change last year we emailed the initial form to this address: wdw.dvc.member.administration [at] disney.com

From my understanding, if they are all under the same member ID then all the contracts need to have same listed owners to remain under that member ID.
I am planning to add my daughter to my 2 contracts. I have one member number. Will that now change? My memory is not good enough now to remember a NEW member number. Oh, no!

I am planning to add my daughter to my 2 contracts. I have one member number. Will that now change? My memory is not good enough now to remember a NEW member number. Oh, no!
No, the member number and contract numbers stay the same. We ended up deciding to use a title company to do ours to save ourselves the trouble of not wanting anything to go wrong. It was just shy of $200 for one contract with LT Transfers when we did out last year.

This has me worried. What kind of mistakes? If Disney rejects it, do they tell you why and let you correct it and resubmit it? Then do you have problems with OCC and duplicate deed regestering? Someone said they read of people losing their points because they did it wrong!!!
Technically true if the deed is no done correctly such as number of witnesses. But all you'd need to do would be to redo and record again, nothing to get stressed over and likely only a risk if you do it yourself or get someone not accustomed to FL deeds. LT transfers is a great option and I wouldn't worry about it there.
If you change them both in exactly the same way at the same time it should not be a risk. Total cost should be around $400 roughly for LT transfers to do it, likely more if you get someone else to do so. You can do it yourself for around $50, we did in exactly your situation with 4 contracts.

Do I have to worry about future reservations (next March) being canceled while going thru this process? I'm using LTTransfers.....just started the initial paperwork.

Do I have to worry about future reservations (next March) being canceled while going thru this process? I'm using LTTransfers.....just started the initial paperwork.
The technical answer is no from what I've seen and my personal conversations with DVCMC but you never know. That assumes you're adding the names but the current owners are staying on the deeds.

Yes, I’m staying on the deed - they are actually “associates” since they were minors when I purchased. Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter