Step By Step - How to Add Names to an Existing Contract (Gratuitous Transfer)

I live in Canada and I'd like to add my 2 adult kids to my contracts so they don't have to go through probate in Florida if I don't outlive my contracts. This is all a bit complicated for me. I have 5 contracts though so, doing them individually through an attorney would be very costly.

ETA: I'm having a bit of trouble finding the special warranty deeds on the OCC website. Did you have to open an account?
I found online a Florida Special Warranty Deed-individual grantors. I think this might be the form. However, it seems to need to be notarized in Florida. What am I missing here?
I did not have to create an account. I just kept searching for deeds with my resorts, akl or riv, in the details section I think. Then scanned the list of most recents for ones that showed same names with additional names from grantor to grantee. I found both quit claim and special warrant deeds and went with special warranty in the end. If you have more questions let me know.
don’t know what you’re needing a zip code for btw.

I live in Canada and I'd like to add my 2 adult kids to my contracts so they don't have to go through probate in Florida if I don't outlive my contracts. This is all a bit complicated for me. I have 5 contracts though so, doing them individually through an attorney would be very costly.

ETA: I'm having a bit of trouble finding the special warranty deeds on the OCC website. Did you have to open an account?
I found online a Florida Special Warranty Deed-individual grantors. I think this might be the form. However, it seems to need to be notarized in Florida. What am I missing here?
We live in Texas, but hopefully that doesn't matter. We added our adult DD to our contracts this year, and LT Transfers used a Quit Claim Deed. We had it notarized in Texas, and it required two witnesses in addition to the notary.

However, I have read on TUG (and here of course) about international transfers having issues with having documents notarized - it seems that rules are different in various countries.

(PS just in case you'd want to have a transfer company assist you, LT Transfers www.lttransfers.com charged us $225 document prep and $28.20 recording and filing fees for each contract, plus $15 total postage for everything.)

No trouble in Canada (Ontario) getting it notarized. Used an online notary and everything was done over zoom with the notary providing the official notarized document at the end. Used deeds.com to submit and it was all done on the Orange County site within 24 hours.

I did not have to create an account. I just kept searching for deeds with my resorts, akl or riv, in the details section I think. Then scanned the list of most recents for ones that showed same names with additional names from grantor to grantee. I found both quit claim and special warrant deeds and went with special warranty in the end. If you have more questions let me know.
don’t know what you’re needing a zip code for btw.
Thanks, I found my deeds eventually. I hadn't been looking in the right place.

The zip code was required to verify my credit card at payment time on both OCC and deeds.com. I ended up calling OCC and paid over the phone for the copies of my deeds to be emailed.

I still have not figured out to DIY Aulani or VDH/VGC yet, but I'm trying my first DIY with a Vero Beach Contract. The costs structure appears to be the same, but only difference is I'm going to mail to & make check out to:

Indian River County Clerk of the Courts
2000 16th Avenue
Vero Beach, Florida 32960

Putting in today's mail. Hope it records with no issue!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter