Steak Dinner with young adult children

luvdmouse

Mouseketeer
Family of 5 traveling during December holidays, trying to decide on a steak dinner for one of the nights. What’s the best 1 dining credit steak meal and 2 dining credit steak? Last time we ate at STK which was unbelievable but looking to try something different.

I don't have any experience with a one credit steak, but for a signature we love Yachtsman. We haven't done STK, because Yachtsman is so good we can't tear ourselves away from it. Others have said Shulas is the best steakhouse on property but it isn't as kid friendly so we haven't tried it.

Shula's is not on the dining plan. But it is delicious!

As far as a 1-credit dinner, I would choose the beef tenderloin at The Wave. It's awesome!

As far as a 2-credit dinner, I would choose the filet mignon at Le Cellier. It's been years since I've been (8 to be exact--I went for my 40th birthday lunch), but if it's still as good as it was, you won't be disappointed.

Another vote for Yachtsman. We have also enjoyed steaks at Citricos, Brown Derby, and Le Cellier (maybe it was just the room we were in, but the tables weren't close at all, so I never understand that complaint - but again, it could just be the room we were in was better about that than others? Or because it was lunch and not super crowded).

For one credit I recommend Mama Melrose. Their steak was surprisingly very good!

Chefs de France has filet and steak frites, both excellent, 1 credit.
We have always had a fantastic experience at 2 credit Yachtsman and recommend it highly.

Reactions: Kae
Family of 5 traveling during December holidays, trying to decide on a steak dinner for one of the nights. What’s the best 1 dining credit steak meal and 2 dining credit steak? Last time we ate at STK which was unbelievable but looking to try something different.
Our entire party enjoys eating steak at Boathouse, Yachtsman (particularly comforting for children and anyone who prefers American food), Jaleo, Jiko's filet, and HBD's filet of beef in the 2 credit category.

We've enjoyed the steak bento box at TD and the family style steak dish at Wine Bar George in the 1 TS credit category.

We didn't have a good experience at Yachtsman - overcooked steaks. Sent them back and the new ones didn't really come back any better.

For one credit, we have had an excellent steak at Grand Floridian Cafe.

Turf Club over at Saratoga Springs serves a great steak for a 1 TS credit restaurant. It's off the beaten path so to say but the restaurant is very nice, usually quiet, and has some really good food and service.

For the one-credit steak, we (including the kids) loved the steak at Grand Floridian Cafe.

Our best one credit steaks have been at the Wave and the Turf Club. I think the Yachtsman is the best steak restaurant on the dining plan, but Shula’s is overall a better choice.

I will never consider le Collier signature dining. There are way too many rabbles way too close together for my taste. It was worth it when it was 1 credit. Never, imho, worth 2 credits .

Yachtsman is a signature steakhouse for a reason.
My experience has been totally different. Le Cellier has been wonderful every time I've been, but of course, I haven't been since it changed to 2 credits. But I would have gladly paid 2 credits when it was just 1 credit. That's how much I loved it! Yachtsman, on the other hand, was my worst Disney dining experience ever. My family of four agree we will NEVER be back.
We didn't have a good experience at Yachtsman - overcooked steaks. Sent them back and the new ones didn't really come back any better.

For one credit, we have had an excellent steak at Grand Floridian Cafe.
Horribly cooked steaks was only one of our problems at Yachtsman. My steak ordered medium well came out rare. I sent it back and then one side was rare and the other side was well-done. I didn't even eat a bite of it. My DH's and DSs' steaks were gristly and just nasty. My kids still laugh about how this was the only steakhouse they've ever been to where they didn't get steak knives. All we were given were butter knives. And when I complained to a manager about the quality and preparation of the steaks, the server was downright mean to us. The manager was nice enough though to give us our credits back. Horrible experience overall though.

For one credit Kona for 2 credits Yachtman if your kids are old enough 2 credits at Jiko.

I will never consider le Collier signature dining. There are way too many rabbles way too close together for my taste. It was worth it when it was 1 credit. Never, imho, worth 2 credits .

Yachtsman is a signature steakhouse for a reason.
Im guessing you meant "tables"? And I agree btw. I dont consider LC signature either. My steak wasnt that great...and ya the tables are definitely way too close together. Way too rammed. Not worth the price they ask.

I've had great steak at The Wave. GF Cafe was good too, although the steak came a tad overdone. Otherwise, good flavour. Cali Grill has delicious steak as well. Even though I was not at all impressed with the side dish, the steak itself was cooked well and very tender.

I am saddened by what's happened with Le Cellier over the years. We used to get fantastic prime rib there for a reasonable cost when it first opened. Back then it was cafeteria style. When it changed to table service, we still enjoyed it as the food was good, although a bit more expensive, and the tables were still comfortably spaced. We will no longer go because the food prices are ridiculous compared to the quality. More importantly the tables are so tightly packed in that you are practically on top of the next table. The noise level is ridiculous. I don't know how anyone can enjoy a nice dinner that way. I wish they would make better use of the space and buildings at the top of stairs in Canada to open a bigger TS restaurant. It's all wasted space up there now.

For a nice steak now, I liked Chefs de France.

Horribly cooked steaks was only one of our problems at Yachtsman. My steak ordered medium well came out rare. I sent it back and then one side was rare and the other side was well-done. I didn't even eat a bite of it. My DH's and DSs' steaks were gristly and just nasty. My kids still laugh about how this was the only steakhouse they've ever been to where they didn't get steak knives. All we were given were butter knives. And when I complained to a manager about the quality and preparation of the steaks, the server was downright mean to us. The manager was nice enough though to give us our credits back. Horrible experience overall though.

Our experience was exactly the opposite - we ordered medium steaks and they came our charred and well done!!! I had really talked this restaurant up to my DH after reading all the reviews and we saved it to the very end of our trip and then it was so disappointing. I feel like maybe we just hit it on a bad night, but it is hard to go back and give somewhere another try when it is that expensive and was so bad. I didn't talk to the manager since it was the very end of our trip, giving us back our credits wouldn't have been a help because we were going home the next day. I probably should have though.

Chefs de France has filet and steak frites, both excellent, 1 credit.
We have always had a fantastic experience at 2 credit Yachtsman and recommend it highly.

I loved my filet a Chefs de France. It was prepared perfectly!93576277-A121-4A3D-A3EA-69B3E6F3362A.jpeg

Last edited:
The Wagyu surf n turf at Tiffins in Animal Kingdom is the most amazing steak I have had ever (on Disney property or off) and the perfectly cooked lobster tail that comes with it was the icing on the cake. I eat it over and over in my dreams as I recall how it melted in my mouth in perfect steak-y bliss. Plus at $65 on the dining plan, it is an exceptionally good value for 2-credits compared to many other 2-credit restaurants. I also think Jiko has the best specialty cocktails and desserts, which adds to the dining plan value.

My 13 year old DS has eaten many a filet while in Disney and his favorite is Narcoosse's. Mine is at Citricos, both 2 credits

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter