Staying past Checkout ?

c00lgy30

Earning My Ears
Hey everyone !
I hope I put this in the right place :) My 17 year old nephew and I are going to Disney World starting February 5 for a short visit (his first time even being on a plane I don't want to overwhelm him lol) . We'er staying at POP for two nights 5th and 6th and going to the parks on the 6th and 7th . Now our return flight isn't until 7am on the 8th and as far as I can tell there is technically no more room at POP for the night of the 7th . My question is what can we do? Will they expect us to vacate and lug our bags around the park, will we have to find our own transportation back to the airport and wait the whole night? Plus i haven't gotten a conformation letter or anything yet but that maybe because I'm in Canada? lol

Thanks for any tips you can provide!

Will they expect us to vacate

Yes. They need to turnover the unit for the people who will need it the following night.

and lug our bags around the park
You can leave them with Bell Services.

will we have to find our own transportation back to the airport and wait the whole night
You should be able to take Magical Express back to the airport sometime after checkout, but before the next AM.

You do need to be out of the room at checkout time. It is rude not to be. You have only paid to be there until that time, and dragging your feet will just inconvenience staff and other guests.

The problem is you will no longer be a guest of Pop. You can use the resort amenities until Midnight that day (the 7th), but on the 8th you can not. I'm not even sure you can use Magical Express on the 8th, as you are technically no longer a Disney guest at that point.

Have you looked into a different value resort for that night? Or even a resort near the airport? What is your plan exactly?

Yes. They need to turnover the unit for the people who will need it the following night.

You can leave them with Bell Services.

You should be able to take Magical Express back to the airport sometime after checkout, but before the next AM.

You do need to be out of the room at checkout time. It is rude not to be. You have only paid to be there until that time, and dragging your feet will just inconvenience staff and other guests.
I would never drag my feet and expect to stay in the room I just want a few tips on what to do , thanks for the tip about Bell Services .

The problem is you will no longer be a guest of Pop. You can use the resort amenities until Midnight that day (the 7th), but on the 8th you can not. I'm not even sure you can use Magical Express on the 8th, as you are technically no longer a Disney guest at that point.

Have you looked into a different value resort for that night? Or even a resort near the airport? What is your plan exactly?

Well as I said were going to the park on the 6th and 7th during the day and I will check out before we go to the park on the morning of the 7th , our flight is at 6:40 in the morning of the 8th so that means we have to be at the airport at around 2-2:30 ( with the shutdown the security checkpoints might be long) . And I have looked around the airport and other resorts but nothing is really in my price range especially for just a couple of hours . Maybe we'll put or bags in with Bell Services come back to pick them up then go to Disney Springs for a nice meal that should be a nice time killer lol

This is what I would do:
1. Figure out what time you will be back from the park on the 7th. Staying for illuminations or happily ever after? It’ll be a late night
2. Add an extra hour or so
3. Make a DME reservation (now), and give them a flight that departs MCO about 3 hours later than the time in step 2. Any domestic flight will do, it doesn’t have to be to your home.
4. Take your bags to bell services the morning of the 7th before heading to the park
5. Get your bags when you get back from the park, and take DME
6. Bring books to read as you spend your all-nighter at the airport.
7. At MCO, go to the front desk at the Hyatt that’s inside the airport terminal. You never know, you might get lucky with a cheap last minute rate. With you already being inside the airport terminal, you wouldn’t need to check out until 5 am.

I’m sorry. These two things don’t go together at all.

for a short visit (his first time even being on a plane I don't want to overwhelm him lol

our flight is at 6:40 in the morning of the 8th so that means we have to be at the airport at around 2-2:30 ( with the shutdown the security checkpoints might be long) .

I don’t think anyone is reporting that mco tsa has been *that* affected.

And if you don’t want to overwhelm him with fun at Disney, then how is sleeping overnight at an airport even being thought of?

You need to get a room and sleep there. Imo.

A 6:40am flight is hard enough for most people, let alone as part of someone’s first round trip flight.

Though I went to college at 17 and my mom moved across the country (so my first solo flight was a red eye with a changeover in Chicago for winter break!), so it’s entirely possible this 17 year old wont blink an eye at the flight or sleeping at the airport.

I’ll tell you, though, the sleep you’ll have is minimal. Airports are noisy and busy. My now-ex once decided it was too expensive to stay at an airport hotel and tried to sleep at an airport and found it nearly impossible. Once the people in his area had dropped off to sleep, maintenance started polishing the floors.

OP your only true options IMO as far as what to do between the night of the 7th and the morning of the 8th is book a hotel room OR spend the night in the actual airport terminal.

You can leave your bags with bell services while you're at the parks. But beyond that you're back to the first sentence in my comment. It's worth checking to see if there is an available room onsite by calling Disney (as I don't see any lower available online) if you're really wanting to stay onsite. Or look around near the airport and see if there is availability at a decent price. I'm not sure if you're able to use 3rd party companies like Expedia/Orbitz, TripAdvisor, etc for discounted pricing if that's a concern for you.

Honest question but why did you book it this way? Was there no way to get a flight home the 7th? When you first booked POP was the intial dates always the 7th or did you decide after you already booked your POP stay to get a flight out the next day?

I’m sorry. These two things don’t go together at all.

I don’t think anyone is reporting that mco tsa has been *that* affected.

And if you don’t want to overwhelm him with fun at Disney, then how is sleeping overnight at an airport even being thought of?

You need to get a room and sleep there. Imo.

A 6:40am flight is hard enough for most people, let alone as part of someone’s first round trip flight.

Though I went to college at 17 and my mom moved across the country (so my first solo flight was a red eye with a changeover in Chicago for winter break!), so it’s entirely possible this 17 year old wont blink an eye at the flight or sleeping at the airport.

I’ll tell you, though, the sleep you’ll have is minimal. Airports are noisy and busy. My now-ex once decided it was too expensive to stay at an airport hotel and tried to sleep at an airport and found it nearly impossible. Once the people in his area had dropped off to sleep, maintenance started polishing the floors.
Oh it's ok we'er both night owls going to sleep at 3 and waking at 7 is a bit of a constant for us . Weer technically an international flight so we have to try to get there 3-3 and a half hours before the flight , we don't mind having to be at the airport for a while I just don't want to be lost or confused on what to do :)

OP your only true options IMO as far as what to do between the night of the 7th and the morning of the 8th is book a hotel room OR spend the night in the actual airport terminal.

You can leave your bags with bell services while you're at the parks. But beyond that you're back to the first sentence in my comment. It's worth checking to see if there is an available room onsite by calling Disney (as I don't see any lower available online) if you're really wanting to stay onsite. Or look around near the airport and see if there is availability at a decent price. I'm not sure if you're able to use 3rd party companies like Expedia/Orbitz, TripAdvisor, etc for discounted pricing if that's a concern for you.

Honest question but why did you book it this way? Was there no way to get a flight home the 7th? When you first booked POP was the intial dates always the 7th or did you decide after you already booked your POP stay to get a flight out the next day?
My uncle was generous enough to pay for our flight with his reward miles so only certain flights were available for us , I will for sure bake use of the bell services an maybe we can wander around Disney springs and get an Uber to the airport .

You can ask about a later checkout time the day before your last day. These are granted at the resort‘s discretion, and they do sometimes refuse. It won’t be long (maybe an extra hour or so). Otherwise, you and your luggage will need to be out of your room by 11 AM on the 7th.

You can leave your luggage with Bell Services at Pop if you want to go to the parks.

As for transportation to the airport, if you’re flying into and out of Orlando International (MCO), your reservation includes Disney’s Magical Express bus service from the airport to your resort, and back to the airport. I don’t think it would be available to you on the 8th, though, so you’ll want to be heading to the airport at least on the evening of the 7th. I agree with the posters who suggest looking for a room at the MCO Hyatt or a nearby hotel that offers a shuttle to the airport.

Hey everyone !
I hope I put this in the right place :) My 17 year old nephew and I are going to Disney World starting February 5 for a short visit (his first time even being on a plane I don't want to overwhelm him lol) . We'er staying at POP for two nights 5th and 6th and going to the parks on the 6th and 7th . Now our return flight isn't until 7am on the 8th and as far as I can tell there is technically no more room at POP for the night of the 7th . My question is what can we do? Will they expect us to vacate and lug our bags around the park, will we have to find our own transportation back to the airport and wait the whole night? Plus i haven't gotten a conformation letter or anything yet but that maybe because I'm in Canada? lol

You don't want to overwhelm him. You'll be waking up on the 7th, going to the parks, killing time all night and flying out the morning of the 8th. At least 24 hours without a place to sleep followed by attempting to sleep on a plane. I suggest calling Disney and see if they can add an extra night. When they say no ask if they can check with guest services. If not try again when you check in. Tell them your flights changed after you booked your hotel and you'd appreciate it if they could add a night to your stay.

You don't want to overwhelm him. You'll be waking up on the 7th, going to the parks, killing time all night and flying out the morning of the 8th. At least 24 hours without a place to sleep followed by attempting to sleep on a plane. I suggest calling Disney and see if they can add an extra night. When they say no ask if they can check with guest services. If not try again when you check in. Tell them your flights changed after you booked your hotel and you'd appreciate it if they could add a night to your stay.
Yeah, not having a room our last night would overwhelm me.

OP, if you are night owls and you can truly handle operating on such little sleep, you could leave your bags at Bell Services at Pop, go to a park until closing, pick up your bags and then head to Disney Springs for a few hours as some venues don't close until 2 am in DS on Thurs. - Sun. You could then uber/lyft to MCO. Because you have an international flight, you should get there 3 4 hours prior to flight time, so leaving DS at 2:00 am would certainly get you there on time. As others suggested, you could also pick a dummy flight (even a domestic one) that would leave around 2:30/2:45 am, so that Magical Express would pick you up at Pop around 11:30/11:45 pm. That would give you free transportation and then you could just hang out in the airport. Or continue to look for a room at Pop or another value. If you book another value for the night, Pop can transfer your luggage over to the other resort so it will be there when you arrive from touring the park that day.

Oh it's ok we'er both night owls going to sleep at 3 and waking at 7 is a bit of a constant for us . Weer technically an international flight so we have to try to get there 3-3 and a half hours before the flight , we don't mind having to be at the airport for a while I just don't want to be lost or confused on what to do :)

My uncle was generous enough to pay for our flight with his reward miles so only certain flights were available for us , I will for sure bake use of the bell services an maybe we can wander around Disney springs and get an Uber to the airport .

Just want to clarify that bell services will store your bags at the Disney resort but you will have to go back to retrieve them prior to heading to the airport. So in your plans above - if you go to Disney Springs you will have to return to the resort to get your bags before getting an Uber (or you could use DME).

Thank you so much for the suggestions everyone ! :) At this point our best bet is to leave our luggage with bell service spend our day at the park then get a late reservation in Disney Springs and just relax take our time and get an Uber to the airport and relax some more lol

Hey everyone !

I'm not understanding why you didn't book your rooms at Pop Century from the 6th-8th. Did you have your flight ressies first, because if you did, that makes more sense for your hotel stay to coincide with your flight departure. And even if you had your resort booked first, could you not make your flight out on the check out date? I'm not trying to be rude, I'm just trying to understand.

I'm not understanding why you didn't book your rooms at Pop Century from the 6th-8th. Did you have your flight ressies first, because if you did, that makes more sense for your hotel stay to coincide with your flight departure. And even if you had your resort booked first, could you not make your flight out on the check out date? I'm not trying to be rude, I'm just trying to understand.
It's all good we are using an air-miles type thing plus I get treatments where we can only fly on certain days and times and when we were settling that the plans for the resort and tickets settled and we realized we'd be off by a night. But really it's only a couple of hours so I just wanted some advice on what we could do in the mean time we'll head over to Disney springs and we got phones to play with and such heck we might just ride the tram at MCO for a while lol :)

It's all good we are using an air-miles type thing plus I get treatments where we can only fly on certain days and times and when we were settling that the plans for the resort and tickets settled and we realized we'd be off by a night. But really it's only a couple of hours so I just wanted some advice on what we could do in the mean time we'll head over to Disney springs and we got phones to play with and such heck we might just ride the tram at MCO for a while lol :)

As others have already told you, if you leave your bags with Bell services you will have to return to the resort to get them- they will not be sent to the airport. Please make sure if you go to Disney Springs and then Uber to the airport that your plan is actually to go to Disney Springs, then get your bags (which will mean leaving some time to get transportation from Disney Springs back to the resort), and then Uber to airport.

I really strongly suggest calling to see if there is another night available at the resort, or booking a room at MCO. Going to a park all day, then to Disney springs, then back to resort, then to airport is all too many pieces and variables. I’m exhausted just thinking about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter