Staying off-site. Want to use a ‘special’ magic band from eBay

kizzle

Mouseketeer
Hi

I am staying off-site and only have a card to access Disney parks and FP+

I am always worried I will misplace my card and decided to go for a magicband

I noticed some on eBay (new) magic bands limited release or edition

I don’t think (used) magic bands can be ever used again

Can I buy a (new) magic band on eBay and have it assigned at DisneyWorld?

I know Disney sell basic models on site but would like a unique touch model

Also the band may be 1-2 years old unused, is this a problem?

Do they still have magic bands that change the circle colour/noise when entering the park as I would like to see if they was available as well as a gimmick

Hi

I am staying off-site and only have a card to access Disney parks and FP+

I am always worried I will misplace my card and decided to go for a magicband

I noticed some on eBay (new) magic bands limited release or edition

I don’t think (used) magic bands can be ever used again

Can I buy a (new) magic band on eBay and have it assigned at DisneyWorld?

I know Disney sell basic models on site but would like a unique touch model

Also the band may be 1-2 years old unused, is this a problem?

Do they still have magic bands that change the circle colour/noise when entering the park as I would like to see if they was available as well as a gimmick

If you purchase a brand new MB on eBay, it can be linked to your account. If it's been used, it can only be assigned to the person it was originally assigned to and will not work for you.

Disney sells all sorts of models in their stores. They have the basic, and limited edition, solid colors as well as all sorts of character printed bands. The ones that change color and make noise are the limited edition bands, and you'll find those behind the counters in boxes. They're more expensive than the regular and limited release bands.

Thanks!

Hmm don’t think I really want to risk eBay, I hope they have limited edition when I arrive lol

Disney has plenty to choose from not just plain ones.
If you buy on ebay make sure it is definitely new.
Once used that magic band is assigned to that person and only they can use it in the future.
No need for Disney to set anything up.
Create a My Disney Experience account and then use the code on the back of the band to link it to your MDE and then use the code on the plastic card ticket to link that to MDE.
Once both are linked you can use the magic band to access the ticket info.

You can buy Magic bands from the ShopDisney website or app and then link the band to your MDE account before you go. They sell limited edition bands from the parks there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter