Staying at Timeshare but being away a few nights?

Noreen411

DIS Veteran
Hi

We have a timeshare at Vistana Resort which we love.

We have also stayed at Vistana Villages since it’s a sister resort and can use our time there if we prefer.

Normally we like to go to Disney staying at our timeshare for about 12 nights and it works out great.

There is a possibility that our next Disney trip will include a short cruise before going to Disney World. We would head down the day before the cruise and I was thinking of just booking a hotel near the pier, then when we get off the ship in a few days drive over to Disney and check into the timeshare for the rest of the trip.

Then I started thinking that I have enough points to book my normal 12 nights at the timeshare, could arrive the day before the cruise, check in and get settled, then the next morning head to the pier for the short cruise leaving much of our stuff in the timeshare since we don’t need it all for the cruise, then when we get off the ship drive back and we’re already checked in, have our villa, etc.

I’m assuming they wouldn’t care (or probably wouldn’t even know the difference) but would the timeshare company care if we’re leaving the villa vacant for a few nights other than our stuff? I don’t think they check to see who is in and out of their villas in general, but I’m thinking if the cleaning people come in and they don’t see used towels and stuff they may think something happened to us.

I’m probably being paranoid, but just wondering if anyone has ever done this and if it makes logical sense.

We are cruising out of Port Canaveral so it’s only about an hour’s drive so not a long distance extra.

Thank you in advance
Noreen

We have done this a few times. Stayed at a timeshare in Orlando and went to the gulf coast for a few days. No problems. We just locked the door and left. For the most part cleaning was only available one a week and we laundered our own towels.

We have done this a few times. Stayed at a timeshare in Orlando and went to the gulf coast for a few days. No problems. We just locked the door and left. For the most part cleaning was only available one a week and we laundered our own towels.

Thank you - I’m glad to hear someone who actually did what we are looking to do

You are welcome. We had no issues. The first time I tried to tell them and they basically said it was our place and we could come and go as we liked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter