• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Staying at Swan - Hopper Pass Added to Room Key?

stevemac

Earning My Ears
In the past we have stayed at Beach Club and was able to combine 5-day hopper pass with room key (one less thing to lose). Was able to get the "teacher" rate at the Swan for late-June. Can a pre-purchased 5-day hopper pass (purchased early to get discount) be merged with the room key at the Dolphin? BTW, when I called the hotel they stated the teacher discount was unavailable for my dates. I checked the Dreams Unlimited site and they were able to get the discount for my stay (thanks Dreams). Just a thought that for people having trouble getting discounts, just check with Dreams Unlimited.

Thanks in advance.

You can purchase tickets at the Swan and Dolphin but they do not combine them with the room key.

We stayed at the Swan and were told it was not possible because they are not a "Disney" hotel. So we were given paper passes which were fine.

Have a great time.

Originally posted by stevemac
...Can a pre-purchased 5-day hopper pass (purchased early to get discount) be merged with the room key at the Dolphin? ...
Not only can it not be done at the Dolphin as Lorac1127 mentioned, but it cannot be done at a Disney resort anymore either.

Only park passes purchased at check-in can now be encoded onto a Disney resort ID. The reason for this is the two-tiered pricing system they initiated in September 2002. It would kind of defeat the purpose of their system to allow you to purchase at a discount in advance and then have the resort put them on your ID. Of course, the tickets purchased at check-in cost will you more.

There is one exception to this however. UPH's purchased in advance with the discount are still encoded on your resort ID. That's because the ticket doesn't actually exist until you have checked in. All other ticket media (PH, PHP, AP/PAP) exist independently of your resort check-in, the UPH does not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter