Staying at OKW tomorrow!

PiazzaM

Earning My Ears
I am so excited I leave in about 15 hours!!! This is my 1st time to Disney as an adult! I am staying for a week at OKW!! I have a 2 bedroom villa, I exchanged in from my timeshare. I will let you all know everything when I get back! Thank you to all those who gave me great tips and ideas! Watch out Mickey, Michelle's coming to town!:bounce:

Let us know how it went when you get back.....I am arriving OKW in 2 months - first girls only vacation for me EVER....and I would love to know all the details about OKW.

Hope you have a great, great, great time!:jester:

you will **love**OKW and the 2 bedroom villa. we had one in july w/5 adults. had plenty of room. the full kitchen and extra nice laundry room were great. thought i would never use the laundry, but sure glad to have a dryer when our tennys got wet! and the full kitchen!! nice. have a super trip.:p

My trip was awesome! i loved OKW! I want to visit again! We had a 2 bedroom villa off of Old Turtle Pond Road, unit 42. I was on the 1st floor, because I had an scooter. Well, I needed more time in the parks, and since they close at 6 or 7 or 9pm, depending on the park... you need two days at least for each park! I didn't even get to Animal Kingdom, and Epcot was the best! I will write a detailed report later in the trip board.

I can't wait to hear about your trip, we leave for OKW in 11 days! Did you take the buses? Tonia

Yes, I took the buses, it took longer than taking the car, but they were easy! Just leave 40 mins for traveling, especially from MK. OKW is the furtherest from MK. The buses were great even with my scooter. Have fun!

Welcome home and thanks for the review! Glad to hear you liked OKW. That resort makes me wish I could just live in WDW! :)

we'll be at okw this fri night - just booked it 2hrs ago
our cruise was cancelled
anything we should check out while there? we are dvc members

Originally posted by imgoingtodisney
we'll be at okw this fri night - just booked it 2hrs ago
our cruise was cancelled
anything we should check out while there? we are dvc members

Sorry about your cruise :( , take the boat ride to DD. Here is a link to help you.

http://wdwig.com/g_okw.htm

We also just had our 1st stay at OKW a few weeks ago in the 2BR - we rented points. We loved it so much we came home & bought an OKW resale. It should close in about 6 or 8 weeks.

I'm already trying to figure out ways to use our points in the most efficient way possible!!

How and where did you buy resale Disney at? Did they sell it by the point? We went on the Vacation ownership tour while we were there and are thinking of joining.

PiazzaM - I guess I didn't answer all you're questions (& I was surprised to see it created a hyperlink when it posted).

We bought a resale package through The Timeshare Store. We checked it out on the Internet through the recommendation of friends and also many on these boards.

It seems to me they sell the full DVC package that people own. The packages range from very large all the way to 50 points. We e-mailed the company asking for information on a few. A rep contacted us via phone. We found one we were interested in, made an offer (price per point), the sellers countered & we came to an agreement on a selling price.

So far everything has been done via phone, fax or e-mail & overnight mail. We bought at OKW, which is not available to buy from Disney but is through resales.

Good luck w/ whatever you do. ----------

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter