Staying at Hilton Bonnet Creek - Uber or Rental Car?

Staying at Hilton Bonnet Creek - Uber or Rental Car?

• Uber

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rental Car

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

Rhe

Earning My Ears
Family of 3 spending 5 days in Disney this summer...rental car and hotel daily parking fee totals $400 without gas or parking elsewhere (driving to Disney Springs, other attractions). This is our first time in Disney. In your experience, would an Uber be cheaper? Resort provides free shuttle to Disney parks so that won't be an issue. The only other places we'll likely go is Disney Springs and the Outlet Mall. What would you do in our situation? TIA!

Family of 3 spending 5 days in Disney this summer...rental car and hotel daily parking fee totals $400 without gas or parking elsewhere (driving to Disney Springs, other attractions). This is our first time in Disney. In your experience, would an Uber be cheaper? Resort provides free shuttle to Disney parks so that won't be an issue. The only other places we'll likely go is Disney Springs and the Outlet Mall. What would you do in our situation? TIA!
Assuming you go to Disney Springs once and the Outlet Mall once, and you need transportation to get to and from the airport, even a regular taxi would likely be cheaper than $400.

I don't trust uber so can't vote for that. I'd do a town car service and/or taxis.

We've never been before, so maybe I'm underestimating what's available to do in the area. We are only doing the parks for one day (MK - I'm pregnant and realistically cannot do several days of straight heat and walking lol). I assumed we would be in Disney Springs more than once and spend lots of time at the hotel pool area. Guess I need to do more research on what else is in the area. Thanks!

We've never been before, so maybe I'm underestimating what's available to do in the area. We are only doing the parks for one day (MK - I'm pregnant and realistically cannot do several days of straight heat and walking lol). I assumed we would be in Disney Springs more than once and spend lots of time at the hotel pool area. Guess I need to do more research on what else is in the area. Thanks!
I recommend the Disney water parks, btw. One is right by Disney Springs.

Thanks. I assumed since the hotel pool seemed to be decent, we could skip out on the Disney water parks! Maybe I'm wrong. I'll take a look into those!

The Hilton's shuttle also goes to Disney Springs, you you won't need a car for that. There is also a Hertz car rental desk so you can drive from the airport, make a grocery stop and then return the car right at your resort. I would Uber to the outlet mall, it should be less than $15 each way.

The Hilton has a very nice pool which should be enough for the OP's kids depending on how old they are.

OP here. DD is 5 and doesn't require much...I also thought the hotel pool would be good enough. She'll love the lazy river and slides.

The Hilton has a very nice pool which should be enough for the OP's kids depending on how old they are.
I think the water parks have far more attractions and fun than any resort pool, even Stormalong Bay (and we love Stormalong Bay).

Last edited:
The Hilton's shuttle also goes to Disney Springs, you you won't need a car for that. There is also a Hertz car rental desk so you can drive from the airport, make a grocery stop and then return the car right at your resort. I would Uber to the outlet mall, it should be less than $15 each way.

This is super helpful! Thanks!!

OP here. DD is 5 and doesn't require much...I also thought the hotel pool would be good enough. She'll love the lazy river and slides.
In rental car, Uber, Lyft, or taxi -- 5yo must be in a booster seat or car seat in FL. You might want to look into Bubble Bum if you plan to use any of them.

In rental car, Uber, Lyft, or taxi -- 5yo must be in a booster seat or car seat in FL. You might want to look into Bubble Bum if you plan to use any of them.

Seriously? What's the age cut off for that requirement?

I think the water parks would be more fun than the outlet mall...they have far more attractions and fun than any resort pool, even Stormalong Bay (and we love Stormalong Bay).
For a pregnant lady? She won't be able to do any slides. There is shade and a lazy river at the Hilton.

OP, how old is your child? ETA: Nevermind. I see she's 5. She'll be happy as a clam at the Hilton's pool.

For a pregnant lady? She won't be able to do any slides. There is shade and a lazy river at the Hilton.

OP, how old is your child?

Lol...yeah, I won't be having much fun on this trip! :) DD is 5 years old and pretty easy going. She wouldn't really see a huge difference in a water park vs. the hotel pool area. She just wants to get in the water and play.

The parks are open late just about every night in the summer so you don't have to be out and about all day. You can go into a park in the morning, come "home" for a swim/nap and then go back out in the evening for fireworks and enjoy the cooler weather.

You have 5 days, why not spend 3 of them in Disney parks? Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom and then Epcot or Disney Hollywood Studios. If your DD is over 40" tall she can do many of the thrill rides with your husband (DH) and you can chill out in the shade or a/c.

The parks are open late just about every night in the summer so you don't have to be out and about all day. You can go into a park in the morning, come "home" for a swim/nap and then go back out in the evening for fireworks and enjoy the cooler weather.

You have 5 days, why not spend 3 of them in Disney parks? Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom and then Epcot or Disney Hollywood Studios. If your DD is over 40" tall she can do many of the thrill rides with your husband (DH) and you can chill out in the shade or a/c.

We are thinking about adding Disney days, initially decided against it because we've heard how much walking it is (and how hot Orlando is in the summer). Definitely a thought, though.

Gee. Thanks for the link. DD is 5 but she's literally the size of a 6.5 year old - very tall. I'll look into that inflatable booster seat just to be safe. Thanks again for the tips everyone!
I notice the price has dropped lately. WalMart has the basic black model for $24, with free pickup at a nearby store.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter