Stay Strong SEPTEMBER WISH Challenge

I love this because I really need to remember it! I'm not good at all with unplanned change. - If I make a change myself, or can see a logical reason for a change, I'm fine. But the pace of "upgrades" in our society, and constantly adjusting to improvements in things I didn't know needed improving can overwhelm me sometimes.

What is the biggest change you have made in your wish for a healthy lifestyle?

Is there something you would like to change?

I think one of the biggest changes I have made is the way I cook and the way we eat. We eat red meat once a week, I can’t remember the last time I bought a can of cream of something for a recipe and we eat vegetables I never ate growing up. I am a big fan of those one pan, roasted in the oven recipes.
One thing I would like to change is our lunches-I really would like to eat less or just eliminate deli type meats for health reasons-my husband needs to watch his sodium. I need to research some websites for ideas.

My answer is very similar to yours. We've also adjusted our eating (less fat, less red meat) due to suggested changes in my DH's diet, and I love one-dish dinners! I buy reduced sodium deli meats, but I'm just so bored with sandwiches, and would like to go less "processed" with lunches as well.

My DH also has quite a sweet tooth, and I'd like to reduce the sugar in the house a little without making him feel "deprived" (but also without adding elaborate dessert prep to the things I already do! :laughing: )

I think the biggest change I've made in my WISH for a healthy lifestyle...has been to PLAN a healthy lifestyle. Being purposeful has made all the difference. And the more I follow the plan, the better habits I set for myself. I plan to get up and workout each morning. In the beginning, it was really hard to pull myself out of bed earlier. But now, I usually wake up a little before my alarm. I also plan out meals for the week, which has caused less eating out. In the beginning, I even used to plan our meals out. I would choose a restaurant, look up the menu and find a healthy choice as part of my weekly planning. So when I got to the restaurant, I already knew what I was going to eat and wasn't as tempted by other foods. And sometimes, the portion sizes are large at restaurants. So I would plan on eating half the meal there and taking half home for another meal. When I planned on this, I would ask for a to-go box as soon as the meal came out. I would put half in the to-go box right away so I wasn't tempted to eat it. Now that I've been doing this for 2 years or so, it doesn't take as much time to plan that because I already know what things I can eat at the different local restaurants.

Something I would still like to change is my stretching. I am good with the workouts but because I do them before work, there is always that rush to make sure I have enough time to get ready fro work. So I often skip the stretching after my workout. I know that's not good. And in the 21 day fix workout, I often skip Yoga day because I know I'm not good at it. I've never been very flexible. So it's hard. But I know I need to push through that because it's definitely important to stretch.

I love this because I really need to remember it! I'm not good at all with unplanned change. - If I make a change myself, or can see a logical reason for a change, I'm fine. But the pace of "upgrades" in our society, and constantly adjusting to improvements in things I didn't know needed improving can overwhelm me sometimes.
I am exactly the same way!!! Sudden change or change for no apparent reason is so overwhelming to me too!

I am way behind and only skimmed the couple of pages that i missed. We had a big event at work on Thursday but I ended up leaving at noon that day. I ended up sick and in bed from Thursday afternoon through Sunday. I did really even eat anything. Some toast and a small bowl of plain noodles each day. Just enough to have something in my stomach when I was taking Mortin. I feel much better but still not eating much yet. it is getting back to normal though.

vacation is now just a week away

That looks lovely @Oneanne - so relaxing.

Similar to *tinker*bell* biggest change has been Keto, paying more attention to planning what to eat.

I am starting but need to continue to change my attitude to exercise - need to consolidate its role in my life.

Two more work days until I leave for Orlando! I'm very excited, have lots and lots to accomplish around work, but hoping everything goes smoothly.

Sooooo jealous! Hope you have a fantastic time

And in the 21 day fix workout, I often skip Yoga day because I know I'm not good at it. I've never been very flexible. So it's hard. But I know I need to push through that because it's definitely important to stretch.

I have been doing some simple yoga you tube stretches lately - when I first started I did a 'cheats' version of downward dog - but in the past week I have given the proper one a go and am building my ability to do it. if the 21 day fix yoga is too tricky to start with maybe look for some simpler you tube ones - I have been doing just a 10 minute morning stretch one - which is quite gentle and easing into improving my flexibility
. When I feel more confident with it I will look for another one.

Doing okay so far with trying to increase activity - last night I did my strengthening exercises - felt it a little in my shoulders this morning. Did my walk this morning and tried to do 2 small sections of HIIT with some faster paced walking than the rest of my walking pace. Did my 10 minute yoga when I got back to try and relieve those sore muscles from last night. Eating was good today - did have some chocolate but not as much as yesterday :) Work today involved a fair bit of walking around as well so that helped with increasing step count today. I have my appointment with the dietician in the morning - so am feeling some uncertain anticipation about that - but will see what the meeting brings.

@Oneanne how are you going - are you coping with cutting down on your beloved sugar? from one sugar addict to another lol

am way behind and only skimmed the couple of pages that i missed. We had a big event at work on Thursday but I ended up leaving at noon that day. I ended up sick and in bed from Thursday afternoon through Sunday. I did really even eat anything. Some toast and a small bowl of plain noodles each day. Just enough to have something in my stomach when I was taking Mortin. I feel much better but still not eating much yet. it is getting back to normal though.

Sorry to hear you feeling unwell - hope you continue recovering quickly!

Welcome back! Sorry to hear about your grandson, glad he is on his way to feeling better though!

Allergies are no fun, hopefully your medication works well and quickly.

My biggest change has been cutting carbs. I cannot believe the benefits I have gained from this. No more IBS issues, no weekly+ bad migraines, 100+ pounds lost in a year, more energy.

Something I would like to change for the upcoming year is to go to the gym regularly and really get some strength training in.

Two more work days until I leave for Orlando! I'm very excited, have lots and lots to accomplish around work, but hoping everything goes smoothly.

I am way behind and only skimmed the couple of pages that i missed. We had a big event at work on Thursday but I ended up leaving at noon that day. I ended up sick and in bed from Thursday afternoon through Sunday. I did really even eat anything. Some toast and a small bowl of plain noodles each day. Just enough to have something in my stomach when I was taking Mortin. I feel much better but still not eating much yet. it is getting back to normal though.
So sorry you've been sick.

I'm in the middle of doing it right now... removing carbs, kicking the sugar habit and slowing learning how to think/plan ahead. I've done some testing with different things to see where my tolerance limits are, and they are incredibly low. I'm kind of dumbfounded about how I was feeling so crappy all the time and couldn't differentiate what was causing what... last weekend I forgot to say "hold the tomatoes" and had to pick them out of the salad myself, but still got a bit of a tummy ache. Yesterday I had rice, which is low on the lectin scale and I thought I could handle it, but had the cough this morning, so no more rice for me.

I would like to be physically strong... like being able to take hikes with significant vertical climb or that are quite long. I'd like to not be achy and stiff just standing up. That's going to mean physical training at some point, and the start is the simple yoga exercises I got from the session I had last week.

Last edited:
Similar to *tinker*bell* biggest change has been Keto, paying more attention to planning what to eat.

I am starting but need to continue to change my attitude to exercise - need to consolidate its role in my life.

Sooooo jealous! Hope you have a fantastic time

I have been doing some simple yoga you tube stretches lately - when I first started I did a 'cheats' version of downward dog - but in the past week I have given the proper one a go and am building my ability to do it. if the 21 day fix yoga is too tricky to start with maybe look for some simpler you tube ones - I have been doing just a 10 minute morning stretch one - which is quite gentle and easing into improving my flexibility
. When I feel more confident with it I will look for another one.

Doing okay so far with trying to increase activity - last night I did my strengthening exercises - felt it a little in my shoulders this morning. Did my walk this morning and tried to do 2 small sections of HIIT with some faster paced walking than the rest of my walking pace. Did my 10 minute yoga when I got back to try and relieve those sore muscles from last night. Eating was good today - did have some chocolate but not as much as yesterday :) Work today involved a fair bit of walking around as well so that helped with increasing step count today. I have my appointment with the dietician in the morning - so am feeling some uncertain anticipation about that - but will see what the meeting brings.

*Keep Calm and Keto on!* .

Thanks, I'm so looking forward to it.

I do a 10 minute yoga video as well... have not been consistent with it lately but made a point of doing it this morning as my back was super sore yesterday at work. I'm hoping the stretches, actually sleeping decently last night, and some advil will fix it enough for the next couple days until I'm back and can work on building more strength in my back muscles.

This is the one I do, it was a tad challenging at first, but in a good way. I used it as a cool down to my workout, then started doing it first thing in the morning which I love.

My one year keto-versary passed on Friday and I didn't notice until yesterday. I'm going to make a collage of photos from today and from one year ago to show the difference. I'm pretty happy with how far I've come even though I didn't quite make it all the way to goal weight. I knew that would be a tall order anyways.

Happy Tuesday everyone!

Hi All! New here and late to the game...

I started Keto and IF 2 months ago and have dropped 20 lbs, 55 more to go. I'm 41 and have high cholesterol and pre-diabetes. I was very enthusiastic in the beginning, but seem to be running out of steam lately, particularly when it comes to exercise. Women in my family hit menopause early, so I am already struggling with hot flushes, insomnia, and crazy hormonal swings. If I don't get my act together, I'm terrified I will not live to see my children grow up.

I try to walk 20-30 minutes a day and have been following an exercise program called MUTU, in order to heal my very damaged/weak core. In addition to losing 20 lbs, I have lost 5 inches around my waist and gone down a size (almost 2).

I need help to stay motivated and on track...

I started Keto and IF 2 months ago and have dropped 20 lbs, 55 more to go. I'm 41 and have high cholesterol and pre-diabetes. I was very enthusiastic in the beginning, but seem to be running out of steam lately, particularly when it comes to exercise. Women in my family hit menopause early, so I am already struggling with hot flushes, insomnia, and crazy hormonal swings. If I don't get my act together, I'm terrified I will not live to see my children grow up.

I try to walk 20-30 minutes a day and have been following an exercise program called MUTU, in order to heal my very damaged/weak core. In addition to losing 20 lbs, I have lost 5 inches around my waist and gone down a size (almost 2).

Welcome! :welcome:
It sounds like you are off to a great start! We will be happy to encourage you as you continue to reach your goals. We have several posters following Keto and finding success as well. Do not hesitate to join in!

Tomorrow will be what we call Woohoo Wednesday-we share what is going right during our week health wise and in our daily lives. Looking forward to hearing from you!

Welcome!

Welcome!!! Great progress, congrats that must feel really good! I find that inches sometimes come before a weight drop so keep on chugging along and you will get there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!