Stay Strong SEPTEMBER WISH Challenge

Happy Friday, all! Weekends are typically a busy time at my second job, but it’s been randomly super slow for the past few days! Tonight I got cut from the schedule, so I didn’t even have to go in. Sad for my paycheck, but happy for my free time!

I woke up early to jog this morning, so now I have a lot of free time tonight AND my exercise is out of the way! Win-win.

I absolutely loved the morning walk and one-on-one time with each twin. Come to find out a year later, that was their favorite part of the trip :love:

How lovely! I used to give each of my kids each a day off school throughout the year and we would hang out 1:1 they used to love that too. Hmmm it dropped off though - life got busy I think - but I do still find time to something 1:1 with them.

Yay! It's Friday! It's been an exhausting week of starting school with a classroom full of kindergarteners and a house with twin high-schoolers. But we made it to Friday! And I completed my workouts before school all week! This weekend will be filled with lesson planning and other school work for me (as well as my daily workouts, of course). And my daughter has an indoor field hockey tryout. Otherwise, I'm pretty happy to have a fairly calm weekend.

Hope you get some rest time in there - you deserve it - such a big week!

I am feeling much more comfortable now with our plans.

That is great! I am glad you have found a way to manage the sister issue.
[
My youngest has started to walk unassisted which I'm SUPER excited for, a little sad for, and a fair bit terrified of having two incredibly mobile young-ins' lol!!!

Ahhhh those days - I remember them! That should keep you on your feet with some extra steps of your own to add to the exercise hehe.

have a million chores to get done this weekend so I'm sure it will fly by :duck: :scared:

ugh me to - and the weekends always fly by way too fast.

QUOTE="Oneanne, post: 61043755, member: 513827"]
my sore knee is feeling pretty solid
[/QUOTE]
So I sent this picture to myself this morning, to add to my post, and it just came thru.... not the most flattering angle, but these are ankles/feet that are not swollen!

I had already saved the first quote about your knee to ask you if you had notice a reduction in inflammation/swelling yet? and then as I kept reading I came across your super slim ankles! That was one of the first things I noticed too. Hang in there you are doing great - its not easy giving up that sugar.

Happy Friday, all! Weekends are typically a busy time at my second job, but it’s been randomly super slow for the past few days! Tonight I got cut from the schedule, so I didn’t even have to go in. Sad for my paycheck, but happy for my free time!

I woke up early to jog this morning, so now I have a lot of free time tonight AND my exercise is out of the way! Win-win.

Hope you made the most of your free time last night :)

My Friday afternoon ended up with a trip to emergency with DS15 - I picked the twins up for him to say 2 things to me - I think I need my eyes tested - I had trouble reading from my prompt sheet during my oral presentation today - and next I can't move my wrist - I fell over yesterday running away from a mate and tripped in a pothole - I didn't tell you last night as it wasn't so bad but at lunch time today it really started hurting and I have to hold it up like this to stop the pain! Ugh teenage boys. Now the eye thing is funny because I literally only said to him in the past week I think we need to get them tested there had just been a couple of little things that were tingling my mummy senses - so now we both have appointments for Sunday - as I had gotten my reminder to get mine re-tested. Couple of hours at hospital and xray later - they don't think it is fractured - yay - if still painful and restricted movement in a week - needs another xray - being a kid with the injury right around the growth plate they can't always tell when it is close to when they injured. Luckily I had already planned ommlette's for dinner - nice and easy! As for today - housework - and driving kids to their work shifts. I didn't get to walk yesterday - so back at that today.

Ahhhh those days - I remember them! That should keep you on your feet with some extra steps of your own to add to the exercise hehe.

ugh me to - and the weekends always fly by way too fast.

My Friday afternoon ended up with a trip to emergency with DS15 - I picked the twins up for him to say 2 things to me - I think I need my eyes tested - I had trouble reading from my prompt sheet during my oral presentation today - and next I can't move my wrist - I fell over yesterday running away from a mate and tripped in a pothole - I didn't tell you last night as it wasn't so bad but at lunch time today it really started hurting and I have to hold it up like this to stop the pain! Ugh teenage boys. Now the eye thing is funny because I literally only said to him in the past week I think we need to get them tested there had just been a couple of little things that were tingling my mummy senses - so now we both have appointments for Sunday - as I had gotten my reminder to get mine re-tested. Couple of hours at hospital and xray later - they don't think it is fractured - yay - if still painful and restricted movement in a week - needs another xray - being a kid with the injury right around the growth plate they can't always tell when it is close to when they injured. Luckily I had already planned ommlette's for dinner - nice and easy! As for today - housework - and driving kids to their work shifts. I didn't get to walk yesterday - so back at that today.

Oh no! I'm sorry to hear about your son, that is so typical of the male species though... I remember when my husband got a bug bite on his wedding ring finger, two days later it was swollen and purple, he couldn't get the swelling down and couldn't get his ring off... had to send him to the ER, and luckily they were able to cut his ring off into two pieces. It's tungsten so not supposed to be able to be cut, he could've lost his finger... I'm sure I've lots more *face palm* stories like that to come. Glad you had an easy dinner planned.

I do have some more research to do. Like how does the car rental place work on site. We will need to rent a car for the day at the beach. It looks like we will fly this time too so I need to look into everything with DME. I am getting so excited now.
It sounds like you have come up with a great plan!
We rented a car this summer for the first time. We rented from National at the Disney Car Care center close to Magic Kingdom. We were staying at Bay Lake Tower. We called them and let them know what time we wanted picked up. The shuttle picked up my husband at our resort and took him to get the car. Then he drove it back and parked at Bay Lake until we were finish at Magic Kingdom for the day. We returned it at the airport since we were moving off-site for the last 4 nights of our trip (we stayed at our parents timeshare during the non-Disney portion of our trip). We thought the Disney Car Care service was very convenient.
We also love DME! I always joke (sort of), that working at the airport as the Magical Express greeter is my retirement job. I can stand in a climate controlled airport waving my four-fingered Mickey hand and greeting people as they enter the line for the Magical Express bus. It's the much anticipated first welcome sign of Disney that they get after a long (or even short) flight.

Good morning, everyone! My motivation today is to just keep pushing through. Although I was tired and still dealing with this cold that seems to last forever, I eventually got my workouts in this weekend. As for today, I already completed my workout and my healthy lunch is packed. We can do this!

My Friday afternoon ended up with a trip to emergency with DS15

Oh No I hope it heals fast and stays as not broken. DD broke her ankle in the growth plate several years ago (this was the start of the ankle issues) and it did not show up on the x-ray for 6 months. Thankfully the issues she had was not because of this but something she was born with but it all started about the same time and then the bigger issue was masked by symptoms that were thought to be from the break.

It sounds like you have come up with a great plan!
We rented a car this summer for the first time. We rented from National at the Disney Car Care center close to Magic Kingdom. We were staying at Bay Lake Tower. We called them and let them know what time we wanted picked up. The shuttle picked up my husband at our resort and took him to get the car. Then he drove it back and parked at Bay Lake until we were finish at Magic Kingdom for the day. We returned it at the airport since we were moving off-site for the last 4 nights of our trip (we stayed at our parents timeshare during the non-Disney portion of our trip). We thought the Disney Car Care service was very convenient.
We also love DME! I always joke (sort of), that working at the airport as the Magical Express greeter is my retirement job. I can stand in a climate controlled airport waving my four-fingered Mickey hand and greeting people as they enter the line for the Magical Express bus. It's the much anticipated first welcome sign of Disney that they get after a long (or even short) flight.

Thank you for this. I have read a lot about the CCC at Disney and sounds like it will be great. Same with DME. I just need to read more so i know what to do. I don't like feeling like I am "lost". I read up on the subject to the point I seem like an old pro at it. I did this last year when I flew for the first time. When I told the security guard at the Airport (i was the only one there at the time) that I didn't know what I needed to do (still nervous about going through the screening and messing something up) that I hadn't flown in 14 years he was shocked. He said knew exactly what to do.

That would be an awesome job. I tell DH all the time that after we retire we are moving to Orlando so I can work at Disney as a greeter.

My motivation today is that my foot is doing so much better. No pain for a week. DH does not want to work out yet but it has been 3 weeks since it started and a week of no pain. I am going to start out slow. Just a casual walk on the treadmill. Hopefully by the end of the week if all goes as planned I will back up to the fast walk I was doing.

My motivation today...

I feel like I've gotten a good solid start to changing the things I need to change and I need to stay focused and keep moving down that path. Two more pounds have come off, so that leaves -3 more needed for this month. Blood pressure is looking much better and over the weekend I saw blood sugar numbers in the 90's several times... the goal is to consistently be under 90, which I think is going to take a while to accomplish, but it's nice to see <100 here and there.

This weekend autumn happened... in a really big way. Saturday it was overcast all day, then in the evening a wicked thunder and lightning storm blew in. They said there were over 200 strikes in 3 hours, including one right in my neighborhood - the thunder shook the house. The street in front of my house flooded, I live in a low point with two hills on either side, and I have a drain in front of the house that I normally keep clear, but one of my neighbors has a car parked over it (for over 6 months... don't even let me get started) so it's hard to get to and this being the first rain in a long time I also forgot to even look at it. Sunday was cool but dry and this morning I'm wearing a jacket and boots for the first time of the season. Love this time of year.

Last edited:
Morning all! Happy Monday. I went off course a bit this weekend with hubby's birthday we did Indian and then ordered Chinese in yesterday. I don't regret it though had a wonderful and busy weekend. Got about half of what I wanted to get done finished.

Laura booked us HHN for our first night in Orlando so I'm apprehensive about that but I do think it will be fun.

Weather is changing here, it's dreary and wet outside. My oldest is sick so no daycare today and I had to call in to work. So far they seem accommodating. Poor boy is sleeping on me now, all he wants is daddy though.

Our weather has not changed too much yet. Last week was a bit cooler. We were able to sleep with the windows open instead of the AC but this week we are back up into the mid 80's. I am ready for the cooler 60-70 degree weather.

I did work out at lunch today. I only did 2.0 on the treadmill and for 30 minutes. I will do the same tomorrow and then up the time for Wednesday and Friday to 45 minutes and next week up the speed again. Thursday we have an event at work so no treadmill that day. Though I will spend most of the day on my feet. So far my foot feels great.

I feel like I've gotten a good solid start to changing the things I need to change and I need to stay focused and keep moving down that path. Two more pounds have come off, so that leaves -3 more needed for this month. Blood pressure is looking much better and over the weekend I saw blood sugar numbers in the 90's several times... the goal is to consistently be under 90, which I think is going to take a while to accomplish, but it's nice to see <100 here and there.

This is awesome. you are doing a great job.

Oh No I hope it heals fast and stays as not broken. DD broke her ankle in the growth plate several years ago (this was the start of the ankle issues) and it did not show up on the x-ray for 6 months. Thankfully the issues she had was not because of this but something she was born with but it all started about the same time and then the bigger issue was masked by symptoms that were thought to be from the break.

Thanks - it seems to be improving - thank goodness.

So far my foot feels great.

That is awesome news :)

Weather is changing here, it's dreary and wet outside. My oldest is sick so no daycare today and I had to call in to work. So far they seem accommodating. Poor boy is sleeping on me now, all he wants is daddy though.

Hope he feels better soon.

Well my eating over the weekend and yesterday was not great - perimenopause to thank - after nothing for 4-5 months - Friday bam - so I had a lot of 'craving' eating and feeling blah. I had yesterday off work - just needed a day. Well we are going in the opposite direction to you weatherwise, with things warming up - nights are still a little cool. We have had a very early start to our bushfires - there are warm dry strong winds - yesterday here there were some really strong wind gusts at times. About 20 minutes north of me there was a bush fire yesterday and it is still blazing this morning. My cousin lives closer to it - her kids school is closed today - yesterday it was heading towards their high school - no news yet it was damaged - but I think 10 houses were damaged. It is not near me - so we are safe and it was also north of my cousin and moving north away from her too - but she said lots of smoke. There are 65 fires burning in all different areas of our state at the moment - sigh. DS15 is supposed to be going on a school camp where they have to hike and canoe for 3 days along the beach and through some national park north of here next week - I will be keeping a close eye on these bush fire conditions and checking in with the school at the end of this week to see if anything needs to change.

Hi All - sorry for dropping the ball on the motivation quote yesterday! I took the picture Sunday, then Monday was one of those days that just drifted off the planned timeline....

Anyway, here it is:

Monday - turtle.JPG

It's a motivation for me right now because September is a new year and a whole new schedule here, and I'm very slowly adjusting. I'm trying to be patient and figure out what will really work best, but a lot is still up in the air. I need to remind myself that small steps count.

Last edited:
I'm currently reading this book from the library:

(Amazon link) and description:
Every day we make choices—about what to buy or eat, about financial investments or our children’s health and education, even about the causes we champion or the planet itself. Unfortunately, we often choose poorly. Nudge is about how we make these choices and how we can make better ones. Using dozens of eye-opening examples and drawing on decades of behavioral science research, Nobel Prize winner Richard H. Thaler and Harvard Law School professor Cass R. Sunstein show that no choice is ever presented to us in a neutral way, and that we are all susceptible to biases that can lead us to make bad decisions. But by knowing how people think, we can use sensible “choice architecture” to nudge people toward the best decisions for ourselves, our families, and our society, without restricting our freedom of choice.

So my Topic Tuesday question is:
What you you do to set up your environment to make healthy choices easier?

For the most part I don't have inappropriate foods in the house... now I have been known to drive to the grocery store anyway if I really, really, really wanted something (ice cream), but not having it in the house did slow me down a bit. With the new food restrictions I do need to go thru the cupboard and pantry, again, and clear things out.

Other than that, trying to make sure home is comfy and safe so I can de-stress when I'm there.

I have me second sauna tonight, but after that I do need to start going thru the kitchen/pantry and getting it better organized... I'm tired of eating hamburger patties and need to start actually cooking some things. I've got several recipes earmarked, just haven't felt inspired to cook them because the kitchen is so cluttered and over flowing.

Edited to add: the current theme of the clearing course I'm taking is moving things around. In this morning's post she suggests starting with the utensil drawer in the kitchen... could the timing be any better? That's exactly where I'll start tonight.

Last edited:

First of all, I really love this! I'm struggling with motivation a bit as I inch closer to goal weight. The last few pounds are tough! I keep reminding myself that even maintaining current weight is good. This is still moving forward from where I was and that I need to keep myself focused on the future, being healthy and not let myself move backwards.

I'm currently reading this book from the library:
View attachment 434616

(Amazon link) and description:
Every day we make choices—about what to buy or eat, about financial investments or our children’s health and education, even about the causes we champion or the planet itself. Unfortunately, we often choose poorly. Nudge is about how we make these choices and how we can make better ones. Using dozens of eye-opening examples and drawing on decades of behavioral science research, Nobel Prize winner Richard H. Thaler and Harvard Law School professor Cass R. Sunstein show that no choice is ever presented to us in a neutral way, and that we are all susceptible to biases that can lead us to make bad decisions. But by knowing how people think, we can use sensible “choice architecture” to nudge people toward the best decisions for ourselves, our families, and our society, without restricting our freedom of choice.

I might need to pick up this book to read sounds very interesting.

I keep my foods in a specific place, I have my fridge organized so I can quickly see what I can eat, and I try to have food prepped and ready to go so I don't get tempted by other options. I also find fasting and setting up my day in an organized way in my head really helps me to stay on track. I try to keep busy in the afternoon/evening when my cravings are at their highest.

I did not make the healthiest food decisions yesterday, but I am motivated to make the right ones today. I'm home again with my little, he's almost better but still off so we decided to keep him home one more day. I am going to cook up some proper keto foods, have a good food day and finish up planning and organizing for my trip... we are in the single digits now... 9 days!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!