Stay Play Dine 2019 Calculation Thread

Your math is spot on for value resorts! I just checked (we upgraded to the standard plan) so I did a package exactly like ours with no discounts and subtracted out the discount you put and its the same we paid.

We wound up saving a small amount (about 150) compared to our previous package which was discounted room and tickets but not on dining. When we compare our previous package without the dining plan but with what we had set aside for food it was only $90 more. Can someone check my math though and tell me if we really came out ahead?

Standard dining plan, pop century standard view 2 adults, 2 kids ages 4 and 12. 5 day park tickets base
Original package our room was $999 and tickets were 1450.08

Stay play dine all the same but with dining plan 4364.16 (with an upgrade to standard plan)

We planned character meals before the dining plan
One thought...since you are upgrading to standard dining, have you considered looking at a moderate resort (maybe CBR or CSR) to see what that would cost?

One thought...since you are upgrading to standard dining, have you considered looking at a moderate resort (maybe CBR or CSR) to see what that would cost?

Upgrading to a moderate (Corondo springs standard view) would cost $4603.35 which is a little more than $200 additional out of pocket. We originally decided the standard plan at Pop was fine because spending an additional $90 wasn't that bad (compared to what we had set aside for food to begin with). At that point, I'm not 100% sure that would be really a savings for us and we'd probably just drop back to a room/ticket only reservation (we're kind of on a budget which I don't think we can stretch much further)

We probably don't really come out ahead with our savings (I think it was about a 35-37% savings on the dining plan) but at the same time we were able to add character meals we wanted to do and I don;t have to tell everyone they need to order cheap or split meals.

You’re welcome :)
You almost had me stumped LOL! This was a pretty difficult one. That Canadian discount you have is pretty good!

It is until you add in the exchange rate...our Canadian dollars are only worth 0.70 American. I try not to think about it when I buy a Mickey bar.

I know that this discussion was for last year....but looking to take advantage of SPD if available this January. And having difficulty finding answers to some ?'s we have about this deal. Does Disney have block-out dates for this offer in early January - planning to go during the Marathon Weekend and stay afterwards too (11 day visit). I really appreciate such detail here! Thank you for the comparison info....has helped us alot. :)

No - it works for any travel party size. The bigger the family (and the more “dining plan adults”) the larger your savings will be.
I know that this discussion was for last year....but looking to take advantage of SPD if available this January. And having difficulty finding answers to some ?'s we have about this deal. Does Disney have block-out dates for this offer in early January - planning to go during the Marathon Weekend and stay afterwards too (11 day visit). I really appreciate such detail here! Thank you for the comparison info....has helped us alot. :)

I don't recall Disney blocking out any dates from this promo. What you may find though is less availability. Depending on your dates and resort preferences, some may show no availability for certain dates and lengths of stay.

I keep watching for 2020 I feel like this is about the time of year they announce? Maybe a little later in the month closer to September?

I read in another thread that historically they've announced SPD first week of October or last week of September.

For those that will find this of interest:

Here's a list of historical release dates for Stay Play Dine and room only discounts typically covering Jan/Feb dates:

2019 Travel - released 9/26/18 VISA, released 9/26/18 PUBLIC *(no early Visa release although there were add’l discounts for Visa cardholders)
2018 Travel - released 10/3/17 VISA, released 10/3/17 PUBLIC *(no early Visa release although there were add'l discounts for Visa cardholders)
2017 Travel - released 9/28/16 VISA, released 9/30/16 PUBLIC
2016 Travel - released 9/24/15 VISA, released 9/28/15 PUBLIC
2015 Travel - released 10/6/14 VISA, released 10/9/14 PUBLIC
2014 Travel - released 10/3/13 VISA, released 10/7/13 PUBLIC
2013 Travel - released 10/4/12 VISA, released 10/10/12 PUBLIC

And just to add info here for those that stumble across this post, 2011 & 2012 were the last 2 years where Free Dining was offered during Jan/Feb/Mar. For 2013 and onward it's been Stay, Play & Dine. There's been rumors EVERY year since then that free dining is coming, and then it ends up being StayPlayDine so if you hear that rumor again, take it with a grain of salt.

not so patiently waiting for January discounts to drop lol... We've planned a multi family trip at Poly, so hoping theres something that equals maybe 25%.

For those that will find this of interest:

Here's a list of historical release dates for Stay Play Dine and room only discounts typically covering Jan/Feb dates:

2019 Travel - released 9/26/18 VISA, released 9/26/18 PUBLIC *(no early Visa release although there were add’l discounts for Visa cardholders)
2018 Travel - released 10/3/17 VISA, released 10/3/17 PUBLIC *(no early Visa release although there were add'l discounts for Visa cardholders)
2017 Travel - released 9/28/16 VISA, released 9/30/16 PUBLIC
2016 Travel - released 9/24/15 VISA, released 9/28/15 PUBLIC
2015 Travel - released 10/6/14 VISA, released 10/9/14 PUBLIC
2014 Travel - released 10/3/13 VISA, released 10/7/13 PUBLIC
2013 Travel - released 10/4/12 VISA, released 10/10/12 PUBLIC

And just to add info here for those that stumble across this post, 2011 & 2012 were the last 2 years where Free Dining was offered during Jan/Feb/Mar. For 2013 and onward it's been Stay, Play & Dine. There's been rumors EVERY year since then that free dining is coming, and then it ends up being StayPlayDine so if you hear that rumor again, take it with a grain of salt.
Do you recall what the additional disney visa discount was?

Do you recall what the additional disney visa discount was?
Last year it was an additional 10% on certain resorts. I actually included the list of resorts this applied to in my first post in this thread. I'l paste here for ease though!

25% OFF PUBLIC - 35% OFF through Disney Visa
  • Disney's Old Key West Resort
  • Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
  • Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
  • Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
  • Disney's Yacht Club Resort
20% OFF PUBLIC - 30% OFF through Disney Visa
  • Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
  • Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
15% OFF PUBLIC - 25% OFF through Disney Visa
  • Disney’s All-Star Music Resort
  • Disney’s All-Star Sports Resort
All other resorts did not have an additional offer with Disney Visa.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!