"Stay out of the damn lakes"

A long time ago [like probably over 10 years], the Disney Community was asking about the amoebas and other dangerous possibilities in the waterways around Walt Disney World. A different podcast [one who never finds any issues with Disney] made light of any concerns, laughing it off. When Pete found out about it [I think a listener had asked that question when they used to do the Q&A podcast], he mentioned all of the things in the water that could get you and that it was something to be concerned about. After his little "rant" he made the comment, "Stay out of the damn lakes" . . . and it has stuck ever since.

Makes total sense. Sounds like a classic Pete rant to me! LOL

I’ve listened to his podcasts lately too & he does drink the kool aid a bit much

I like his trivia books & have tried several times to listen to his podcasts (when I was out of the few other Disney ones I like), but just not my thing.

Anyway, I find it interesting that that's where the quote originated, indirectly. Funny!

Last edited:
I'm just glad the jab at Air Canada didn't stick. Even though we all hate Air Canada here (in Canada), it still stings somehow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts