Stay in one hotel or two?

fivetexans

Earning My Ears
We will be in Paris next year. We want to see some Paris sites and spend a day or two at Disney.

My options:

1) I am trying to decide whether to stay in one hotel in Paris to see the sites, then go to one of the on-property resorts for our time at Disney. Less commuting possibly.

2) Or, is there a great hotel where we can stay which will have access to both the Paris sites and spend time at Disney. It may be more commuting, but it may be nice to be in one place.

When you've been to Paris to see both sites and Disney, what did you do?

Thanks for your time!

I would (and have) stay in two different hotels - one in central Paris and one in Disneyland, which is actually situated in a small town outside of Paris. Some of the hotels in Paris itself are incredible - try to stay in the centre (ie near the Champs Elysees and the Opera) as parts of Paris are much more undesirable. We stayed at Intercontinental Le Grand which was incredible - lots of history in the building and its restaurant. There are lots of hotels in that area worth looking at.

For Disneyland, I’d definitely try to stay onsite if you can - I just find this much nicer and easier than the offsite hotels.

Thank you for the replies! Doing my planning right now. This is a trip planned for late September 2019.

3 nights in the Riquewihr/Ribeauvillé area. 1 night in Normandy. 3 nights in Paris. 3 nights at DLP.

France is the middle part of a 31-day European vacation (been saving for awhile).

Last edited:

Thank you for the replies! Doing my planning right now. This is a trip planned for late September 2019.

3 nights in the Riquewihr/Ribeauvillé area. 1 night in Normandy. 3 nights in Paris. 3 nights at DLP.

France is the middle part of a 31-day European vacation (been saving for awhile).

Wow, that sounds like it will be pretty incredible!

For Disneyland Paris hotels, I don’t believe September is available to book yet, but I would make sure when you are ready to book that you’ve got a special offer, rather than the standard rate. Typically, the offer starts being up to two nights and two days free, and then progresses to being a free meal plan (and sometimes an additional room discount), which usually works out as a great deal. :)

I'm having the same dilemma Paris is going to be in the middle of my European Trip for 2 weeks with my 3 kids the 1st part of the trip will be London then we are traveling by train to Paris. We are staying 3 to 4 days and then heading by Plane to Rome for our Cruise on RCI to the Greek Isles for 7 days....

I was thinking of staying in Paris when we come in on the Train in the evening because we can see all the sights at night and then wake up tour the city by day and then head to Disney the next evening but worried about what to do with our luggage once we check out. I figured it would be easier to get transportation to the airport so we can leave for Rome.

Now I'm wondering if we should head to Disney after London and send our luggage to the hotel and tour a Paris at night and then head to Disney and cut out the extra hotel.

I'm having the same dilemma Paris is going to be in the middle of my European Trip for 2 weeks with my 3 kids the 1st part of the trip will be London then we are traveling by train to Paris. We are staying 3 to 4 days and then heading by Plane to Rome for our Cruise on RCI to the Greek Isles for 7 days....

I was thinking of staying in Paris when we come in on the Train in the evening because we can see all the sights at night and then wake up tour the city by day and then head to Disney the next evening but worried about what to do with our luggage once we check out. I figured it would be easier to get transportation to the airport so we can leave for Rome.

Now I'm wondering if we should head to Disney after London and send our luggage to the hotel and tour a Paris at night and then head to Disney and cut out the extra hotel.

I would first figure out more specifically how much time you want to dedicate to Disney and how much to Paris. If it's just to see the lights by night, I would definitely say stay at Disney. If you only want to do one day of Disney, stay in the city. You can always check with your hotel if they have baggage storage. I found out that most hotel booking sites like Expedia and Booking.com don't display this information, or not correctly.

I would first figure out more specifically how much time you want to dedicate to Disney and how much to Paris. If it's just to see the lights by night, I would definitely say stay at Disney. If you only want to do one day of Disney, stay in the city. You can always check with your hotel if they have baggage storage. I found out that most hotel booking sites like Expedia and Booking.com don't display this information, or not correctly.

Ok that's good to know about the baggage because I want seeing anything online.

I know I want to see Paris at night especially the Champs de elysees and I want to go up the Eiffel tower, go to the Louve and some restaurants and pastry places by day. So one night and probably half a day. I know that's about as much as I'm going to get out of my kids.

Ok that's good to know about the baggage because I want seeing anything online.

I know I want to see Paris at night especially the Champs de elysees and I want to go up the Eiffel tower, go to the Louve and some restaurants and pastry places by day. So one night and probably half a day. I know that's about as much as I'm going to get out of my kids.

The Eiffel Tower, the Louvre, and restaurants (breakfast & lunch?) in half a day with kids? Possible but you'll be on a tight schedule.

I believe with all the queues and things you pass for the Eiffel Tower, I think a short visit can even take up 1,5 hours easily, even with a ticket pre-purchased. 45 minutes walking to the Louvre (20-30 minutes by subway), an hour at the Louvre, and then at least an hour for both breakfast and lunch. Plus the commute to/from your hotel.

Yup that pretty much the plan which why I'm worried about the luggage. I've learned from my Disney vacation to leave room for changes in plans etc. Which is why I'm really leaning to staying at Disney the entire trip and then visit the city. But cost will definitely maybe a factor there.

Your initial idea sounds quite sensible - most hotels will let you leave luggage there. Alternatively, have you considered using luggage storage at a train station? I've done this a lot while train hopping through Europe, it requires spending a little bit of extra money but usually it is not expensive. You could store your luggage near Chatelet Les Halles, then pick it up to take on the train to Disneyland at night. It really depends how much luggage you'll have, it might still be a pain navigating the city like this.

If only we had the amazing Takkyubin luggage transport service that they have in Japan!

It sounds like you're not planning to spend a lot of time in Paris, so staying at Disney and travelling (luggage free) into the city once or twice is probably best overall.

Your initial idea sounds quite sensible - most hotels will let you leave luggage there. Alternatively, have you considered using luggage storage at a train station? I've done this a lot while train hopping through Europe, it requires spending a little bit of extra money but usually it is not expensive. You could store your luggage near Chatelet Les Halles, then pick it up to take on the train to Disneyland at night. It really depends how much luggage you'll have, it might still be a pain navigating the city like this.

If only we had the amazing Takkyubin luggage transport service that they have in Japan!

It sounds like you're not planning to spend a lot of time in Paris, so staying at Disney and travelling (luggage free) into the city once or twice is probably best overall.

Oh wow good to know so didn't know you could do that. I will make a plan for each of these options see what's best. I did even contemplate shipping luggage home before we head to Rome as well but figured it might be very expensive..

Oh wow good to know so didn't know you could do that. I will make a plan for each of these options see what's best. I did even contemplate shipping luggage home before we head to Rome as well but figured it might be very expensive..

Yes it is fairly common here in Europe! You won't find luggage storage in every major train station, but most of them. There are also luggage storage facilities available around the city of Paris. I assumed I'd be able to do this recently in the US and was quite surprised to find that it wasn't an option at the train station I was at.
I hope you find a solution that works for you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!