STAY AWAY FROM GREENBERG RENTAL

pxydst

Mouseketeer
Just saw a post on FB from Greenbergs and they are not a preferred camper rental for FW anymore???? hmmmm that worries me, we have less than 80 days and if they are having issues with FW/WDW am I SOL???? and aI was right... they canceled my reservation when I asked if they were prefered rental company

Last edited:
I asked if they still were renting TO FW and I said I was concerned about it and he cancelled our reservation for march!

I merged your 2 threads since they were the same subject. Sorry this happened to you. I hope you find another company to rent from. They are still listed on the WDW site as official vendors as of right now.

Last edited:
Just saw a post on FB from Greenbergs and they are not a preferred camper rental for FW anymore???? hmmmm that worries me, we have less than 80 days and if they are having issues with FW/WDW am I SOL???? and aI was right... they canceled my reservation when I asked if they were prefered rental company

So sorry to hear that. Check out Wilderness Camper Rentals. I think they are still running discounts and they offer golf cart rentals. We've stayed with them a couples times and staying with them again in February. They have good reviews on Facebook and we've never had an issue during any of our stays.

yes thank you... it happened last night - Saturday night so no place will be open until Tuesday ughhhh

yes thank you... it happened last night - Saturday night so no place will be open until Tuesday ughhhh

They are extremely responsive so you could try to reach out and see if you can get it on contact with them today

Interesting, wonder what happened between them and Disney?

I second LadyDi8 we have used Wilderness Camper Rentals more than once and have been extremely happy both times, so much so we booked again with them for next year. And yes they bring the golf cart in when they deliver the Trailer which is so convenient.

My daughter rented a trailer from Greenberg a little over a year ago. We had two sites in the 100 loop across from one another. We had no problem with Greenberg. The only pain was to be on site when the camper arrived. That was not a problem since we came down in the Scepter a day early.
My SIL met with them, all went well.
I believe, before FW created the preferred list, the rental companies were allowed to set up before the renters arrived.
That was what happened a year earlier. Just had to move in and done.
No doubt, the preferred li$t has $ome aggreemnt$ with Di$ney to be called $uch :santa:.

Yes, I had no issues with greenbergs either until they canceled our reservation! Very unstable business practice. So this is just a warning to other people who may be thinking of renting from them.

Interesting, wonder what happened between them and Disney?
if you look at the BBB you might get a hint of why Disney is not happy with their service
LadyDi8 and DisneythePooh - Wilderness camper rentals did not have a big enough camper to fit us so we went with Meachum's which is another preferred company by Disney

We rented through Greenberg in July. At the time we made the booking they were not preferred but became preferred just before we checked in. I have to say they were great to rent from and we were planning on renting again for our next trip.
Their website still says preferred.

Last edited:
Again.... this is a warning to people who do not want to gamble on a business who might cancel a reservation. I guess I would rather go with someone with a rating of A+/A with the Better Business Bureau than a B. Call me silly..

Need to find out what constitutes a "preferred" rental company vs a regular camper rental company.
FW used to allow rental companies to set up everything prior to the guests arriving at the fort.
Do the preferred have that privilege now and not the regular rental outfits?
There are only two preferred co. on the Disney list and who knows how many available companies to rent from in the area and on and on.
I stand by an earlier post, that a buy in is necessary to be on the preferred list.
Having your name and the ability to advertise a business inside Disney would not be free.

My neighbor is a retired exec from AT&T. Spaceship Earth was sponsored by AT&T for a long time and cost millions to do so every year.
Disney then wanted to about double the ante, AT&T walked.

What started my question to greenbergs the day he canceled me was his Facebook post that said something to the effect of it was their business decision and Disney’s business decision to not be preferred and what is best for both of them-I could not copy the post because he deleted it. So it made it sound like it was not a financial issue, just my two cents

I booked with them and fully understood and understand that I would forfeit 50% of my deposit.

I cancelled on December 3rd and was told within 30 days, my refund would be processed.

After January 3rd, I began calling and emailing and finally got an answer that they would be mailed on January 19th. I called yesterday because I still have not received my refund.

They are considered a preferred RV Rental place by Disney.

They are considered a preferred RV Rental place by Disney.

They are not any longer according to Disney.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/resorts/campsites-at-fort-wilderness-resort/services-amenities/ click the READ MORE under RV rentals

However Greenberg has not quiet removed it from their website yet. Wonder how Disney feels about that?
https://www.greenbergrvflorida.com/camping-in-florida/fort-wilderness/

This is a thread from a few weeks ago about Greenberg.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/stay-away-from-greenberg-rental.3654014/

Their "WDW Preferred Vendor" was emblazoned on the side of one of their company pickup trucks driving around the Fort when I was there the week of New Years Day.

Wonder how fast they'll get that sandblasted off? :confused3

Bama Ed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!