Staterooms on the fantasy

Danessa

Earning My Ears
I’m going in the fantasy in March Oman Western Caribbean cruise. Where is better to stay staterooms in the aft or the front? Where is it less likely to feel movement and what deck? Thanks in advance!

The general consensus is that mid-ship is less likely to feel movement than aft or fore. Some also say that lower decks feel less movement than upper decks.

Midship and low decks are best for less movement. If you choices are aft or forward, I would guess aft would have less movement, but perhaps more possible vibration due to the ship's engines,

Well--keep this thread open long enough and you will eventually hear that all parts of the ship are bad/good as far as movement is concerned!

For us, we always stay forward and on Deck 11/12. Movement has NEVER been any sort of a problem.

My one cruise on the Fantasy we were on Deck 9, port side, as far forward as you can get...the door next to ours led to a crew-only area. I loved it, what little motion we felt was gentle and relaxing. We did wear sea-bands and took Bonine every morning, but I am not sure if the precaution was necessary. Sea states were nearly perfect the entire cruise, so that could have had something to do with it.

We stayed deck 5 forward, almost at the tip of the ship. We felt heavy movement on a couple of nights, but the captain said we were in some rough waters.

All in all we all enjoyed it and booked the same rooms again next year. Me, my wife, DD 5, DS 3 and DS 10 months didn't get sea sick, nor did we take bands or medication.

We stayed on deck 5 aft on the Dream twice and we didn't find any issues with movement either.

You're going to hear all different reviews based on people's tolerances.

My husband and I stayed on Deck 5 Aft in September, and while the vibrations took a couple of hours to get used to, personally we loved it. I like some movement when on a cruise (you are on a boat after all - I don't want to feel like I'm still on land), and while there was definitely some noticeable rocking on the last two nights due to inclement weather, the majority of the cruise was smooth sailing. I think the general consensus is to stick to midship for the least movement.

Stay away from the aft - especially the balcony aft cabins - lots of noise and vibration.

I’m going in the fantasy in March Oman Western Caribbean cruise. Where is better to stay staterooms in the aft or the front? Where is it less likely to feel movement and what deck? Thanks in advance!
We were on deck 8 far forward and felt a lot of movement, which we didn't mind. It was a rough seas cruise, though. You felt movement everywhere onboard during that cruise, but more movement was felt when forward.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!