Sam L

Earning My Ears
I just started creating our stateroom door decorations for our first Disney Cruise. Any suggestions that you really like? We might want to try and change it up a bit each day, and I have a stack of magnetic paper to work with!!

Here's what we have so far...it's not much but we just started last night. Cruise is in 43 days!!! :banana:

tnAHyuy.jpg

[GALLERY=][GALLERY=][/GALLERY][/GALLERY]
I just started creating our stateroom door decorations for our first Disney Cruise. Any suggestions that you really like? We might want to try and change it up a bit each day, and I have a stack of magnetic paper to work with!!

Here's what we have so far...it's not much but we just started last night. Cruise is in 43 days!!! :banana:

tnAHyuy.jpg
Hi! I luv yours. I’m impressed. May I ask how large our porthole room numbers are so I can make an over the door magnet for our cruise? Thank you. :yay: P.S. I have a picture of what I want and would pay you to make it! It’s a Mickey ears with graduation cap!

I haven't measured the stateroom door numbers myself, but I found a post online with dimensions. See the image below. It shows that the stateroom number porthole is 7" in diameter.

GlQnsve.jpg

Hi! I luv yours. I’m impressed. May I ask how large our porthole room numbers are so I can make an over the door magnet for our cruise? Thank you. :yay: P.S. I have a picture of what I want and would pay you to make it! It’s a Mickey ears with graduation cap!
the "porthole" number on the door is 7.5 inches in diameter.

the "porthole" number on the door is 7.5 inches in diameter.

Oh boy, thanks for letting me know! I had been going on the 7" diameter and would have been disappointed if it didn't work when we boarded the ship! Thanks PrincessShmoo!

P.S. I have a picture of what I want and would pay you to make it! It’s a Mickey ears with graduation cap!

I wasn't looking to sell anything, but I might be able to put together the design for you. I wouldn't want to print/cut the magnet though. While I'm happy with the way ours turned out, I wouldn't want to make them for others. They're cut out by hand, and my printer isn't commercial quality! lol

No worries, but thanks for the offer to put together something in the way of a design! It’s all good! It will be fun to try and I hope my efforts are as good as yours! Enjoy your cruise!

No worries, but thanks for the offer to put together something in the way of a design! It’s all good! It will be fun to try and I hope my efforts are as good as yours! Enjoy your cruise!
I think the fun of it includes making my own magnets/designs. That allows for little differences between the "same" things on different doors. Each is unique then.

If you search around on Etsy I'm sure you can find someone who makes the graduation cap stateroom magnets. I've seen them while I was searching around for ideas on how to decorate!

I think the fun of it includes making my own magnets/designs. That allows for little differences between the "same" things on different doors. Each is unique then.

Totally agree. It's costing us almost as much to make our own as it would have been to buy them but they'll be unique! Plus, it's fun to make them and anticipate the cruise!

Yeah, they apparently used to be free and now they sell the downloads. I came across that site a few times before deciding to make my own designs.
Ha, ha. I removed the link. There are designers here on DISboards (used to be, anyway) that would do these for free. But so many people pirated their designs and then turned around and sold them as theirs that many of them have given up.

Ha, ha. I removed the link. There are designers here on DISboards (used to be, anyway) that would do these for free. But so many people pirated their designs and then turned around and sold them as theirs that many of them have given up.

As a designer myself I can appreciate their decision to sell them or to stop making them for free. It's disheartening to see people steal your work and sell it for their own profit.

P.S. I have a picture of what I want and would pay you to make it! It’s a Mickey ears with graduation cap!

A wonderful DISer just designed some for me to print out at home. They look great! I just went on the Disign forum, posted what I was looking for, and one of the DISigners volunteered to do them. They look great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter